1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

suspension idea

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by socal19, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Oct 13, 2009 at 10:56 PM
    socal19

socal19 [OP] TACOMA03

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    03 tacoma pre runner
    2.5" Front spacers, 16inch wheelers steel wheels on 265-75-R16 BFG All Terrain, N-FAB prerunner bar, Flowmaster Exhaust
    hey guys well i have a 03 tacoma prerunner...i was thinking about getting toytec coilovers set them to 3inches and also getting the All Pro Offroad complete rear suspension kit 3inches in the rear... what do you guys think

2. Oct 13, 2009 at 11:09 PM
    SLOH

SLOH Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    07 SR5, dc long bed speedway blue
    2.5 Icon c/o's and 3" AllPro rear suspension kit, 17" XD Series Addict w/ 285/70/R17 BFG KM2's, K&N 63 Series CAI, 12'' Rockford Fosgate sub and 500w amp, limo tint all around, cat back banks exhaust with no muffler or tip, shorty antenna, Kenwood DNX5120, blue dash light mod, "taco" 3rd brake light mod, blue dome-light mod, cb radio and 4' firestik antenna, blacked out hoodscoop(thanks randy), Total Chaos UCA's
    i think you'd be set for some light desert prerunning haha lookin to do something similar, only thing with the all pro leaf kit is theres no overload leaf so you can't haul shit...i haul bikes occasionally so im going with the ome dakar leaf kit cause they maintain the overload leaf...just a thought

3. Oct 13, 2009 at 11:16 PM
    socal19

socal19 [OP] TACOMA03

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    03 tacoma pre runner
    2.5" Front spacers, 16inch wheelers steel wheels on 265-75-R16 BFG All Terrain, N-FAB prerunner bar, Flowmaster Exhaust
    oh really i ride dirtbikes so i take my bike and a buddys bike sometimes...im not looking at wheeling or nutting i mostly street drive and offroad little things nutting too extreme, basically some mud sand and i go to gorman alot

4. Oct 13, 2009 at 11:25 PM
    SLOH

SLOH Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    2.5 Icon c/o's and 3" AllPro rear suspension kit, 17" XD Series Addict w/ 285/70/R17 BFG KM2's, K&N 63 Series CAI, 12'' Rockford Fosgate sub and 500w amp, limo tint all around, cat back banks exhaust with no muffler or tip, shorty antenna, Kenwood DNX5120, blue dash light mod, "taco" 3rd brake light mod, blue dome-light mod, cb radio and 4' firestik antenna, blacked out hoodscoop(thanks randy), Total Chaos UCA's
    really dude? i ride at gorman haha, yeah well if you don't do a ton of off roading, are you looking to get this stuff done for looks, like ride height and what not? and yeah, on those all pro's, i was gonna get those and found out they're spring rate is 200lbs./inch, meaning they compress about 1 inch for every 200lbs...an average bike is 250lbs and i usually haul 2, sometimes 3, so i opted for the ome

5. Oct 13, 2009 at 11:28 PM
    socal19

socal19 [OP] TACOMA03

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    03 tacoma pre runner
    cool man yea i offroad at gorman alot im 2wd but its cool how much were you ome leafs if you dont mind and how much lift is it

6. Oct 13, 2009 at 11:59 PM
    SLOH

SLOH Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    OK i just realized you have an 03, so i've heard with the ome dakar leaves, they move your rear axle forward, why i have no idea, not the case with the 05+ so you'll also need to get a relocation plate for the back axle if you experience problems with rubbing, not everybody has a problem

as for the lifts that i stated for my truck, i dont know if they apply to yours as well and i'm too lazy to go back and edit everything haha

i haven't gotten them yet....2 summers ago i didn't have that much money so i bought a 3" OME lift from toytec, came with shocks in front, heavy duty coils (option) and 2" blocks in back and i opted to get new rear shocks, everything ome...that set up so far has held up really well off road, i've been able to do everything, desert prerunning to hill climbs, whatever...i'm just kinda sick of the blocks though prerunning so i'm in the process of getting rid of them, so i have the "typical" lift height wise for tacomas i would say, maybe some variations off that....for that set up, i wanna say it was like 500 everything said and done maybe a little more...i didn't have a ton of money back then and i haven't found it for that price when i've breezed through toytec but its worth a look...if you have the money to spend then i would go for something similar to what you said so you don't have to switch/upgrade later...

those ome dakar leaves claim 2.5" but on an empty bed it'll be 3" easy...so i'm gonna remove one of the leaves, they recommend 3rd one down, so that on an empty bed, which is most of the time, it sits about 2.5"s...i don't want any rake on my truck, especially since the back is higher than the front i think that looks retarded and i don't have any c/o's in front

i'm getting my ome leaf kit from trdparts4u.com...they have them for 340.00 which is the best deal i've found around so far for the 05+, again haven't checked for 1st gen

you'll need to buy new bushings and u-bolt kit for the leaves i'm assuming since that needs to be done for the 05+
    also for 05+ so i'm assuming for yours as well, if you get new longer shocks like in the AP kit, you'll need extended brake lines

i know you can get the bushings and u bolt kit from this sight for 05+ but have not checked for 1st gen, a lot of people use this site thought

http://www.wheelersoffroad.com
    www.downsouthmotorsports.com is another website to check out, you can call these people and tell them what you're looking for and they'll probably be able to help you out better

To Top