1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Suspension lift or leveling kit?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Big C, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Feb 29, 2012 at 11:24 AM
    Big C

Big C [OP] New Member

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport 4x4
    Hi all,

In order to compensate for the additional weight of an N-Fab front bumper, would you guys recommend a leveling kit or a suspension lift, and why? I have asked a few different people and gotten differing responses. I am somewhat new to all this and thought I would pick your brains.

Thanks

2. Feb 29, 2012 at 11:26 AM
    MMazz365

MMazz365 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    NY
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road
    -flowmaster dual side exit exhaust -3 inch lift -cb radio -scanner -DTRL's -Fogs Anytime -Truxedo Soft Tonnahu Cover -eyelids -grillcraft upper and lower -fogs behind the grill
    go right and get a 3 inch suspension lift. I went for a 3 inch spacer and totally regret it. go right the first time so you won't have to do it a second like me. There are many ways you can go about this thought. You could get blisteins with AAL's or like a 3 inch toytec lift, or procomp kit,.. all personal preference. look around at different threads and see reviews. good luck

3. May 28, 2012 at 10:30 PM
    RedDragonTaco

RedDragonTaco Knight Industies Toyota Tacoma

Member:
    Slc, UT
    Vehicle:
    2007 Double Cab TRD Sport
    Toytec 3" Ultimate w/ LR UCA's, 18" Rockstar rims, Nitto Grappler 285/65/18, OEM roof rack, foglight anytime mod, front bull bar and Smitty side steps, tonneau cover, debadged, BHLM, blacked out tail lights, stubby antenna, flowmaster
    Mine came with the leveling kit on it and i am getting a 3" lift from toytec. My back suspension is super soft so i cant wait to change that.

4. May 28, 2012 at 10:32 PM
    LAoffroadin

LAoffroadin BURY ME WITH MY TACO!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Joshua
    Northwest
    Vehicle:
    2012 offroad 4x4
    ICON stage 5 coilers w/ ICON ucas, dakar leaf pack with Fox rears, k&n cai, LED cab light, raceline 16 inch wheels , toyo m/t 33",painted front yota emblem gloss white, retrofit headlights with mirrimoto 3 " lenses running the 6k headlights. Bhlm, bestopper, wet okole seat covers (max 4), weather tech mats,winch with piaa fogs. All pro apex front bumper. Sliders etc
    suspension... nothing else need be said

5. May 28, 2012 at 10:40 PM
    BuzzardsGottaEat

BuzzardsGottaEat "Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."

Member:
    First Name:
    Chaz
    South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    93 Pickup 4x4 [22R-E] 5MT
    OME suspension, LCE Performance parts, Konigs, etc. [see build]
    Most people would advise you to get a suspension lift due to better performance. I for one would not advise you to just get a 3" lift because it looks good. It all depends on your goals with the truck, where you plan on going with it and using it for, etc...

First assess your use for the truck. Ie, all highway, some road some dirt roads, serious rock crawling, maybe snow or whatever.
    Then decide what tire fits that terrain and what size is most advantageous for your goals.
    then finally choose what suspension will clear those tires as well as perform in the conditions you need it for.

Its just my opinion which isn't worth much to some but (IMO) too many people choose vehicle parts off looks instead of intended use.

If you're not looking to lift it a ton and do new wheels/tires and all that just get some 5100s and set them to the first or second notch up, whichever gets the front of your truck level to where you want

Also there are a ton of threads like this one on here already! This place is a spring of knowledge man. I would advise the "measure twice, cut (lift) once" method and tell you that taking your sweet time and research are your friend

Good luck

To Top