1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Swapping front diff with new ARB need help

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by ryber, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Jun 19, 2010 at 9:08 AM
    ryber

ryber [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    kitchener, ontario
    Vehicle:
    06 Reg Cab 4X4
    285/75/16 MTZ's.... OME lift(885s)...4:88 gears.... Front and rear ARB.... Homemade skids
    I've got everything apart and just pulled the tube from the old diff and found a gear and a retaining ring of some sort in there.. I got both this out by sicking a dowel through and hitting it with a hammer..
    Problem I'm having is this retaining ring doesnt fit in the new one with the ARB.. Seems the air line is in the way and the depth of the inner bearing has changed as well.. the 2 legs on the back of this ring are hitting before it gets seated in.. So do I leave this ring out?????
    This isnt the clearest question but those who have done this swap will know what I am talking about

2. Jun 19, 2010 at 12:20 PM
    ryber

ryber [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    kitchener, ontario
    Vehicle:
    06 Reg Cab 4X4
    285/75/16 MTZ's.... OME lift(885s)...4:88 gears.... Front and rear ARB.... Homemade skids
    I got it figured out

And for future reference if anyone stumbles upon this thread with the same question..
    You leave this ring out when reassembling the front diff with an ARB locker..

I hate when you find a thread with the same question as your own and it was left unanswered

To Top