1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

swapping tire sensors for different wheels

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by ctimrun, Apr 4, 2010.

1. Apr 4, 2010 at 9:11 PM
    ctimrun

ctimrun [OP] Active Member

Member:
    I am swapping out my stock steel wheels for 16" TRD wheels I picked up today. Going to have my stock tires put on the TRD rims. Hoping to have the work done at a tire shop right around the corner from my house, not Toyota service for obvious cost saving reasons. Since the tire pressure sensors from the steel wheels are the wrong angle for the alloy TRD wheels, I purchased a set of the correct angle sensors from Toyota parts, part #42607-06011.

Will these new sensors work automatically or do they have to be "programmed" to function correctly? I am hoping to go into this educated so I don't get ripped off tomorrow when I get the wheels swapped onto the truck. Oh, I already tried to do a search which came up with a lot of info, just not specifically what I was looking for.

2. Apr 6, 2010 at 11:31 AM
    ctimrun

ctimrun [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Anyone who has switched tire sensors know?

3. Apr 6, 2010 at 11:46 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    DC or New Jersey - Depends on the day....
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Pretty sure they need to be programmed / mated to your truck.

Too bad you bought new sensors already because there are other options- Like twisting the sensors you have 180 degrees or using a strapping kit.

To Top