1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sway Away 2.0 spanner wrenches- NEED HELP!

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by ukaboy, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Oct 5, 2011 at 12:39 PM
    ukaboy

ukaboy [OP] Toyota Junkie.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    BIG ISLAND
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB TRD OR, S/C
    TRD Supercharger LEDs all around 265/75/16 Trail Grapplers Pro-Comp 6" Bilstein/Eibach Coilovers Bilstein 5125 rears
    I have the older model SAW 2.0 Race runner Coilovers and have lost my spanner wrenches. I was wondering if there is a way to adjust my coilovers without using a spanner wrench. Ive heard of using a punch but i have no idea how to use that and what it is.....oh yeah the coilovers are off the truck and in my garage.I need help. They sell the spanners online but are asking a riduclous price to ship them to hawaii..like $30 for the spanner and $48 for shipping!

2. Oct 5, 2011 at 1:57 PM
    brian

brian Another Traitor

Member:
    Roseville, CA
    Vehicle:
    2008 F-350 Powerstroke
    Yeah, we used hex wrenches or something like that to get em loose. Its a pain in the ass, and I doubt you could break a set loose that has been driven on. Might also help to have the springs compressed but that may not be an option for you.

3. Oct 5, 2011 at 2:03 PM
    ukaboy

ukaboy [OP] Toyota Junkie.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    BIG ISLAND
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB TRD OR, S/C
    TRD Supercharger LEDs all around 265/75/16 Trail Grapplers Pro-Comp 6" Bilstein/Eibach Coilovers Bilstein 5125 rears
    yeah theyve been driven on for about a year. Weve tried to compress the spring but its too big. So far, i Just sprayed it with anti seize and gonna wait and try again. They said to use a punch but im assuming you just stick in the collar and try to turn i guess...not too sure

To Top