1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

sway bar rubbed on coilovers?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by scrapedface, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Jan 29, 2010 at 11:05 PM
    scrapedface

scrapedface [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    vacaville, ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 2.7 liter 4wd tacoma
    ipod charger and aux cable, scanguage 2, wet okole seat covers, 35% tint, toytec ultimate set at 2.5"
    hey i just installed my toytec ultimate. the instructions sucked and when i installed the sway bar back i didn't see anything in the instructions about the sway bar bracket spacer. so i slapped it all in and drove home. i noticed before i left that the sway bar was really close to the coil over but i figured when i take the truck off the lift that it will compress out of the way. when i got home i realized it didn't. i only drove a few miles and there was no real bumps in the road. then i figured out what the extra spacers were for the sway bar brackets. i installed them and noticed the scratches on the low end of the coilovers on the aluminum part. i was just wondering should i be worried if i damaged anything? its seems to drive fine so far. also the other spare parts i found from the kit were those aluminum shims. it looks like they'd go to the add a leafs but there is nothing about them in the instructions so i just disregarded them. anyone know what they are for? and if i need to put them in?

2. Jan 29, 2010 at 11:21 PM
    jdkeller

jdkeller How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    You should be fine up front.

As far as the axle shims, only put them in if your rear is vibrating.

3. Jan 29, 2010 at 11:32 PM
    scrapedface

scrapedface [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    vacaville, ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 2.7 liter 4wd tacoma
    ipod charger and aux cable, scanguage 2, wet okole seat covers, 35% tint, toytec ultimate set at 2.5"
    cool thanks for reassuring me jdkeller

4. Jan 30, 2010 at 7:31 AM
    jdkeller

jdkeller How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    Your welcome.

Products Discussed in

To Top