1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sway bar rubbing issues

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Bronathan05, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Oct 12, 2010 at 2:54 PM
    Bronathan05

Bronathan05 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport DCSB
    Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, Toytec 3" ULK, Flow Master Exhaust, AFE CAI, Painted engine cover, Wet okole Seat covers, Weathertech floor liners, Retrofit headlights, LED aftermarket tail lights, and hopefully the list doesn't continue much longer.
    A while ago I purchased a Toytec ULK from a member here and the package did not include the sway bar relocates. So after purchasing the sway bar relocates through ToyTec I recently threw my sway bar back on. As soon as it was back on I started to notice some loud squeaky noises over bumps and just rolling down the street in general. Today I went into my buddies shop to check it out and it seems that the sway bar was rubbing against my coil overs. Has anyone else had this problem?

2. Oct 12, 2010 at 2:55 PM
    08pretaco

08pretaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 4x4 CM 5.7L SR5
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    leave it off you dont need it lol

3. Oct 12, 2010 at 2:57 PM
    Bronathan05

Bronathan05 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport DCSB
    Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, Toytec 3" ULK, Flow Master Exhaust, AFE CAI, Painted engine cover, Wet okole Seat covers, Weathertech floor liners, Retrofit headlights, LED aftermarket tail lights, and hopefully the list doesn't continue much longer.
    Yeah I prefer it fof honestly. But truck is my fathers so he feels that its a necessity to leave it on. After I purchased the ULK he decided to buy the relocates. So Im under strict orders to try to keep that thing on haha

4. Oct 12, 2010 at 2:58 PM
    08pretaco

08pretaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 4x4 CM 5.7L SR5
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    Oh haha well i took my dad for a ride before i installed my front suspension and it had the sway bar on it then i changed my front and took him for a ride without it and he got a little worried with the body roll but he got used to it. good luck with the dad hah

a good selling point since i noticed u have 4x4 is tell him you get better articulation from it

Products Discussed in

To Top