1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sweet Parts Off a Used TRD at the Dealership? Yes Please!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Mr Souc, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Apr 13, 2012 at 10:32 AM
    orangestripes119

orangestripes119 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Cincinnati/eastside
    Vehicle:
    '11 Dbl cab lb 4x4 sport/Mgm
    I was looking for an undercover tonneau and seen one on a reg cab 2 wheel drive at a used car lot and stopped in to ask the manager, he originally told me he had someone looking to pick it up soon and the listed pics displayed the cover, so no. Two days later I called to check the sold status and he said deal fell through and to give it a week to see if any other takers. Short story, I got a call about a week later to see if I wanted it. $200 bucks and one of lot techs helped me install it. Win!

2. Apr 13, 2012 at 11:37 AM
    jdm.obp

jdm.obp Well-Known Member

Member:
    561, FL
    3" Pro Comp, 5% all around, Antenna X shorty, Debadged
    OK let me add to my earlier deleted comment. Didnt want to make it too long, but guess I need to clarify my statement.

In no way was I poking fun at theft/larceny/stealing etc. I was laughing at the fact that he made it so elaborate to the T to where he knew the window of opportunity. Had I known his plan I wouldve tried everything to sway him away from committing said crime. But I did not know til after the fact. I gave him mad shit for doing it and still do today, if it was someone I've recently met I would've lost all ties with him. But this is a person I've known since elementary school days. I keep embedding it in his head to go back and return in person or at least pay for them. I myself am no thief, I always work hard for my stuff. If I can't afford it I save up to get it. Same goes for my education, if I cant afford it I dont go, I refuse to take out loans of any kind. Everything of mine is paid off cash, only loan I have but will be gone within a matter of a few months is my mortgage. I hate oweing people/companies. Not too many 29 yr olds are debt free like me and that can have fun without worrying about breaking the bank. I can clearly say that I've been blessed my whole life.

3. Apr 13, 2012 at 12:18 PM
    babytruck

babytruck Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)

Member:
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2010 Barcelona AC 4x4 4.0 6spd
    It could be that they didn't have the stock parts to swap back.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  4. Apr 13, 2012 at 12:51 PM
    ShaneG

ShaneG Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Shane
    Jacksonville, FL
    Vehicle:
    11 Prerunner SR5
    Same story here. I was looking for an Undercover and was looking at all of the local used car ads to see if any popped. I was going to make the same proposal. In the end, I found a Leer 700 with matching paint that I took the plunge on.

5. Apr 13, 2012 at 12:54 PM
    F75gunslinger

F75gunslinger Ka like a wheel

Member:
    First Name:
    Christian
    Rochester,NY
    Vehicle:
    SWB '10 Doublecab TRD Sport 4x4
    Cluster and Radio LED swap,Westin bull bar,2nd set of bed tie downs,URD SS,K&N filter,weathertechs
    I want to clarify something here just because I think some of you are confused.

He has a stock exhaust on his truck,and while he's already changed out his stock radio he still has it. He wanted to trade the stock radio that's already out of the truck for the double din pioneer in the used truck that's on the lot. He also wanted to trade exhaust systems.

If the dealer had gone for it he would have upgraded his exhaust and head unit,had an aftermarket head unit to sell and only had to pay labor. I think it would have been a good deal. Nice try OP.Never hurts to ask !!

6. Apr 13, 2012 at 1:05 PM
    friction

friction Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    '08 4X4 RC SR5
    Nice try OP, and I'm surprised the had the courtesy to call you back...and nice stories of success a few posts up!

Oh, and stealing is wrong.

7. Apr 14, 2012 at 1:11 PM
    Mr Souc

Mr Souc [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joel
    Topsham Maine
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    - TacoME Satoshi - Hella Supertones - TRD front skid plate - TRD CAI - TRD cat-back exhaust - TRD short throw shifter - TRD 6 speed ball knob - Baja Soft 8 16" wheels - 285/75/16 BFG T/A KO2s - Pioneer AVH-P2400BT - OEM roof rack - Thule Aero roof rack - TSB Add-A-Leaf - 1" Level spacer up front - 5100s front & rear - Eibach 620lb coils - Toytec 2" add-a-leaf - Plasti-Dip bumper, badges, & roof
    You nailed it. That's what I was hoping for!

8. Aug 28, 2012 at 5:37 PM
    mainewoodsballer

mainewoodsballer YESSAHBUD...heyut

Member:
    First Name:
    Ol' Waltah
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCLB TRD Sport (Pyrite Mica)
    Check out my Build to See!
    If i was him...I would have

Products Discussed in