1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Switches and locations

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by FFJamison, May 27, 2013.

1. May 27, 2013 at 4:39 PM
    FFJamison

FFJamison [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '12 DCSB 4x4 TRD OR Spruce Mica
    Morimoto XB LED fogs, led reverse,slimline 6" KC 130w spots behind Metalcraft grille on BAMF mount, Color matched grille surround & lower air dam, plasti dipped rear bumper, black LED tail lights, green LED cab lights, white front marker LEDs, red high stop LEDs, LED light pods under rear bumper tied into reverse, duplicolor blacked out wheels, Triton V3 LED switchback DTRLs, Tekinosha P3 brake controller, Scan Gauge2,
    Need help placing switches in my '12 Taco. The only 2 slots I have open are by the USB port in the lower center dash area.
    Has anyone mounted switches there? How complicated was it to get it installed there, ie what all did you have to remove to access that area?
    I wanted to use the OTRATTW switches but they measure too big.
    Any and all suggestions welcome. I have been searching through the "light" forum here and havent found insight.

2. May 27, 2013 at 5:31 PM
    t_e

t_e Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    miami,fl
    I make switches that mount in those blanks, theres a thread in the for sale somewhere. It's fairly easy if you have just the slightest skill (or patience). Those blanks pop off and its very easy to snake a wire to come out under the steering wheel.

3. May 27, 2013 at 6:03 PM
    lockwire24

lockwire24 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Diego, Ca. (Waiting to go back to Wa.)
    Vehicle:
    2012 MG DBL cab LB TRD sport
    Cobra CB, Firestik II w/ Relentless hood mount, 4x Innovation sliders, rims (painted w/ bedliner), TRD exhaust, Firestone Ride-Rites, home made grill insert, Leer XR, led bed lights, OME lift kit, LR uca
    I just made a plate and put mine under where you want to put it. I'm using a block for six.

[​IMG]

4. Jun 10, 2013 at 11:01 AM
    stump jumper

stump jumper Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Rockwall, Tx
    Vehicle:
    2013 Super White Baja
    I ran my wires on Sunday. I have 2 switches to mount. My neighbor, who I call McGyver, worked on my blanks while I was wiring. I found some round micro switches at Auto Zone that will fit the blanks. It would have been easier to just mount the KC supplied switches. The flat round micros take a hole that is like 49/64" or just a hair bigger than 3/4". You have to be careful because the face of the plate might be an inch wide. I will post some pics when I get to it. I ran my wires from the cab through a hole above the master cylinder. I took the rubber plug out and drilled a hole in it. I used some vaseline on the wires and it worked great. I moved the Atrac switch to the far right. The left side of the hole is keyed different so you have to trim the top ridge off it. You can push the switch in but will it is hell to get it back out without the trimming. I ran a 24" wire tie in to the switch hole down along the floor and pulled the wires back after attching to the tie. I left enough slack in the wires to then lift them up and tuck them in behind the black plastic HVAC cover that is just above the gas pedal. I tried to pull the wires in above the HVAC cover but trust when I say it is a lot easier to do it the way I did.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
To Top