1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

switching from automatic to standard

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by Red Devil, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Jul 31, 2010 at 8:25 AM
    Red Devil

Red Devil [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cuu
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner
    hello, i have 07 tacoma 2wd :(..... i love my truck but wish that it had a manual transmission and was wonderin if there was anyone out there who could give some advice on the matter. i dont think i have enough room in the cab to do it and was wonderin if someone else has done this with the 2gen

2. Jul 31, 2010 at 8:37 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Anything is possible, just a matter of time and money. Depending on the model, most of the 2007's were available with a standard transmission except the double cab long bed. Just a matter of finding a transmission and having a shop make the switch. I would imagine it would be a fairly expensive adventure to downgrade your truck (in the eyes of the dealer, personally, I wish I had a manual also).

3. Jul 31, 2010 at 8:39 AM
    Barnone

Barnone Guest

Trade it for a stick. Very costly and complicated to switch.

4. Jul 31, 2010 at 8:47 AM
    jrws6

jrws6 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Western North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    07, Dodge Ram 35004x4 Cummins Turbo Diesel 6M
    Make sure you spend a long and cozy test drive with a six speed truck.... drives totally different than any other manual tranny vehicle I have ever drove... I have drove everything from dump trucks to mustangs, willys jeeps to mercedes. These new 6 speeds, are different bc of a shitty shifter, and Electronic Throttle Control. If you do get one drive long enuff to realize how much it sucks, then order Gadget's URD Short throw. Gadgets shifter proably just kept me from trading my 09 in on an auto... The low gearing and fuel mileage still sucks tho.
    Just My .02

5. Jul 31, 2010 at 8:55 AM
    xroller

xroller Blowin by em sideways

Member:
    First Name:
    Ramon
    Albuquerque New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2006 Toyota Tacoma Xrunner Speedway Blue
    1 hp mod
    I love my standard..... Then again most of my vehicles have been standard.... Before I bought the X I had an automatic frontier...... I missed standard so bad I had to go back.... So I sold it and got the X. Conversion can be done and may not even be that hard.... You may wanna find a new ecu though since this one will throw a CEL since it's not gonna be detecting the auto anymore. Since they offered this in a manual then all the bolt holes are gonna be there it's just a matter of finding the tranny.

Products Discussed in

To Top