1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Switching to Mobile 1

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by OffroadToy, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Oct 1, 2010 at 10:41 PM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy [OP] This ain't Dodge City, and you ain't Bill Hickok

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD OFFROAD 4x4 VSC/TRAC/DAC/HAC
    snugtop, piaa, weathertech, westin, oem bed mat, trd seat covers, avs inchannel vent visors, 2" suspension lift, front diff drop, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extention & reroute, front window tint, cat theft protection plate, tailgate clamp mod, xpel headlight/foglight protecters, oem block heater, bfg 265/75R/16 a/t k/o's, cabin air rodent protection screen, rcbs illuminated 4X4 switch mod
    After reading here of the benifits of useing synthetic I've decided to make the plunge. My question is...With my truck having 15,000 miles on it allready would it be adviseable to run the first batch through the engine and change it before the recommended 5,000 miles/6 months (which ever comes first) in case the synthetic dislodges any material from useing the dino for that many miles?

2. Oct 1, 2010 at 10:45 PM
    BakoTruck

BakoTruck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Herbie Hancock
    Bakersfield, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner TRD
    Mostly stock for now, I have added a cb radio, various cheap mods and I plan on adding aftermarket wheels and other items in the future.
    No, just run it to the recommend change interval. You'll be fine.

15,000 isn't going to have a lot or any kind of build up.

3. Oct 2, 2010 at 7:21 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    My truck only had 2500 miles on it when I switched to synthetic the first time. I've been changing it 5K miles ever since.

It's a personal preference. If your truck has anything that needs to be 'dislodged' after only 15,000 miles, then shame on Toyota!!

4. Oct 2, 2010 at 2:35 PM
    floridaoccifer

floridaoccifer Civil Servant

Member:
    I just purchased everything needed for my change over as well. I have 41,000 on my 2008. Tomorrow morning I do the deed ;)

To Top