1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sylvania Silverstar To HID Headlights And Fog Light

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Vito Corleone, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Mar 9, 2012 at 5:48 PM
    Vito Corleone

Vito Corleone [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Canton, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma TRD Sport 4WD D/C
    3" Lift, Flowmaster Dual Exhaust, 285/75/16 Michelin LTD On TRD Wheels, 20% Tint, Front Skid Plate, Agri Cover Tonneau Cover. Bed Mat, Bed Extender, Tinted Taillamps, Silverstar Ultra Headlamp, Foglamp, DRL/Turn Signal Bulbs, LED Map Light, Dome Light, Reverse Light, Tag Light, And Front Marker Light Bulbs, Stainless Side Steps, Locking Bed Storage Compartment, Foglight Anytime Mod, LED Daytime Running Light Strips (Same As On XSP-X Package), Heated Leather Seats, And TRD Supercharger With URD Pulley. More To Come ...
    I have and have been using Sylvania Silverstar headlight and fog light bulbs for many years now and am well aware of the fact that the life of these bulbs sucks. I had a headlamp bulb burn out in my 2012 Tacoma tonight. I have had them in this truck for just over 5 months. I did buy a new bulb to replace it but only because I had to but I have purchased my last Sylvania Silverstar bulb. I am going to switch to a HID setup for the headlamp and fog light bulbs but I do need suggestions as to which would be the best (highest quality) brand. I know I want a 5K system but not sure about which brand.

Any information or suggestions would be appreciated.

2. Mar 9, 2012 at 6:00 PM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Hooray for blinding oncoming traffic! :woot:

Products Discussed in