1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Syracuse NY area

Discussion in 'North East' started by 04YodaTaco, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Jan 31, 2009 at 6:18 PM
    04YodaTaco

04YodaTaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    central NY
    Vehicle:
    04' Tacoma 4x4 base
    New frame mod. 265/75/16 Duratracs.
    I am looking for information/opinions/experiences that members have had with Toyota dealers service departments in my area.

My ABS brake light is on, it goes out for awhile but comes right back. Also the E-brake linkage under the dash is loose and it hits the switch under there causing the brake light to illuminate. My truck is due for inspection and I doubt it will pass like this.

I have the Toyota platinum warranty that has been transfered to my name, maybe it will cover these problems. I bought the truck from a private party not a Toyota dealer and have no experience with them. I have no idea what dealer to choose for service in my area so am looking for some feedback from anyone that can help.

Thanks

2. Feb 1, 2009 at 7:09 AM
    concrete jedi

concrete jedi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4 door indigo blue
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
    Sorry, don't know, but if you were ever in Rochester go to Dorschel Toyota

3. Feb 7, 2009 at 2:11 PM
    04YodaTaco

Member:
    central NY
    Vehicle:
    04' Tacoma 4x4 base
    Thanks for the reply concrete jedi. The dealership I chose replaced some parts but failed to fix both problems. I can't complain too much though because I got my inspection sticker ( even though the ABS light came back on before I got out of the parking lot haha) and they gave me a free loaner vehicle to drive while it was in there. Also my warranty covered everything besides the inspection and oil change. They only charged me $52. So I will bring it back there again and give them a second try.

4. Feb 7, 2009 at 2:32 PM
    z33tec

z33tec Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester, NY
    Vehicle:
    09 4X4 Access Cab 4cyl
    I don't know about the brake light issue but ABS isn't required to pass inspection since some cars don't even have it.

5. Feb 7, 2009 at 4:25 PM
    04YodaTaco

Member:
    central NY
    Vehicle:
    04' Tacoma 4x4 base
    Didn't know that I assumed if the ABS light was on it was an automatic fail, thank you for the info z33tec. How do you like your 650R? I ride a Honda VFR.

6. Apr 9, 2012 at 12:55 PM
    blunt

blunt Active Member

Member:
    Syracuse
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma SR5
    I know this is an old thread, but thought I would bump it. I have owned 4 Toyota vehicles (on my 2nd Tacoma). I would say I have had far better experiences with Burdick Toyota in N Syr over Romano in E Syr. Service department at Romano doesn't seem all that nice and almost like you are bothering them if you are inquisitive and curious about stuff.

I have heard some decent things about the dealership in Oneida, but never taken a vehicle out there.

7. Apr 9, 2012 at 2:29 PM
    04YodaTaco

Member:
    central NY
    Vehicle:
    04' Tacoma 4x4 base
    Burdick is where I took it for the brake issues and where I have continued going. Was great, they gave me a loaner for a few days and replaced pretty much the whole ebrake assembly free with the warranty. They were very informative and courteous with the frame inspection also. Last time I was there wasn't the best though. Was in for inspection and tire rotation. Truck was there all day until the evening and they did not rotate the tires. Not a big deal really though. They always seem to be very busy.

I am living closer to Auburn now and am going to try Fox Toyota. I lost my oil drain pan thing so good excuse to go there for an oil change and talk to them about the frame treatment I need to get done. I think I'm going to probably schedule the treatment at Burdick though, we will see.

Products Discussed in

To Top