1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

taco bed question

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 3rdgenluder, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Jan 22, 2011 at 11:06 AM
    3rdgenluder

3rdgenluder [OP] Member

Member:
    Palmhell CA.
    Vehicle:
    in market
    Depends on what I find on a used model :)
    Ok so I am in the market for a taco and was woundering...
    How meny rubbermade totes can you fit in your bed?? Not stacked just laying flat in the bed.. my family likes to go camping and I use these totes to store our camping supplies..so how about it??

2. Jan 22, 2011 at 11:25 AM
    larryde09

larryde09 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Larry
    Rochester, NY
    Vehicle:
    (Traded-in) 06 2.7L 5-spd SR5 4x4
    K&N Intake, Magnaflow Cat-back Exhaust, Altezza Tail Lights, Pop&Lock Tailgate Lock, Extang Trifecta Tonneau Cover, PIAA foglights with stock switch, DrawTite Hitch, OBX Shift Knob, Hood Protector, Vent Visors, DIY step bars/sliders/running boards, DIY Bed Lights, DIY Running Board/Ground Lights, DIY Tailgate Electrical Box (12V socket, voltage and current gauges), DIY Internal Lighting (coming soon), Aftermarket switches in stock dash blanks, Sony Head Unit, Illuminated 4x4 switch mod
    I have a 6' bed and have moved a number of times....I can typically fit two long totes (~4 ft long) length wise then another 2-3 smaller "standard" totes (~2ft long). Obviously how you configure them makes a difference, but typically at least 5 will fit with room to spare.

3. Jan 22, 2011 at 11:25 AM
    Joben7726

Joben7726 wes mantooth ™

Member:
    First Name:
    Joben
    Western PA/Va Beach
    Vehicle:
    Trail limo
    more than list-able
    quite a few if you get the DCLB, and you double stack.

i fit an entire bedroom set in my truck bed.

4. Jan 22, 2011 at 11:36 AM
    Yota Newb

Yota Newb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    2010 5-Lug Regular Cab 2.7L 5 Speed
    Depends on what model you get, regular bed, long bed, short, etc...
    I have a regular cab and I would say I could fit 4, maybe more, of the big totes in the back.

5. Jan 22, 2011 at 11:37 AM
    scottri

scottri Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Tigard Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '10 Sport DC TRD Sport PreRunner
    Cover King Seat Covers, WeatherTech Liners, PopNLock, storage bin locks, N-Fab Step bars, and G4 Elite Tonneau cover.
    I can fit about 6 of the large ones that I use for camping but without the size info on the tubs you use I can't really guess. I can haul a lot of camp gear in mine. Usually 2 large tubs, a 3 burner camp stove (big one, not colemans stove). 2 Propane tanks, lanterns, firewood, tent, air mattress, fishing gear and a bunch of other crap. I just run some tie downs across the top to keep it all in place.

6. Jan 22, 2011 at 11:46 AM
    3rdgenluder

3rdgenluder [OP] Member

Member:
    Palmhell CA.
    Vehicle:
    in market
    Well personaly I am looking at dbl cab...would prefer a long bed but the local selection seams to be more about short beds....and the totes I am refering to are the standard size.. so I guesss I should say dbl cab long bed versis short bed....isn't the dbl cab long bed the same as the standard bed on the acess and reg cab (bed size only)?

And yes I know you can get a lot more in if you stack...but I am just tring to get an idea how meny will fit on 1layer.

7. Jan 22, 2011 at 1:26 PM
    John3

John3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    Barcelona Red 2010 DCSB TRD Sport
    OME 884X Coil Springs, CS047 Dakar Leaf Springs, 90000 Nitrocharger Sport Front Shocks and N182 Nitrocharger Rear Shocks, Light Racing UCAs, WeatherTech Floor Liners, Leer 100XQ Cap, 3/4" Plywood Carpeted Bed Platform, Thule Rack System w/4 Rocky Mounts PitchFork bike mounts, Pop & Lock PL5300, rcbs204 4x4 Illuminated Switch Mod, Dome Light Mod, Fog Light Mod, FLYZEYE Designs TCMA-0511 V2W LED Light, Go Rhino Dominator II SideSteps, HitchSafe, Console Vault, Fumoto F-103N Oil Drain Valve
  8. Jan 22, 2011 at 3:01 PM
    3rdgenluder

3rdgenluder [OP] Member

Member:
    Palmhell CA.
    Vehicle:
    in market
    That's exactly what I needed to see...ty....anyone got something like this useing a dbl cab lb? Just drove a faliny member's dclb and was impressed with how it rode....all stock with 75 series tires very much what I am lookin for....just gotta figure out the bed issue...I know it isn't mjuch different but still

To Top