1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TACO COMA patches, version 1 and 2

Discussion in '3rd Gen Tacoma Parts Marketplace (2016-2023)' started by RIDERED67, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Feb 7, 2019 at 11:12 PM
    Oldie2007

Oldie2007 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kurt
    Lockhart, TX
    Vehicle:
    2007 Impulse Red Pearl DCSB SR5 PreRunner. 2020 RAV4Hybrid Limited
    A little something every chance we get.
    Ordered in Pay Pal. Let me know if it didn't work out.

2. Feb 7, 2019 at 11:42 PM
    RIDERED67

RIDERED67 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD OFFROAD QUICKSAND, DCLB, TECH
    These patches are sold. There were only 2 of them currently for sale. I have a few more but I'm keeping them.

3. Feb 7, 2019 at 11:59 PM
    baldbeardedtaco

baldbeardedtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    FL
    Vehicle:
    18 TRD Sport DCSB MGM
    Anybody care to enlighten a new Toyota owner lol

4. Feb 8, 2019 at 12:01 AM
    CalvBlue

CalvBlue Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 Calvary Blue Taco Pro
    just getting started...Warrior Product Economy Bed Rack, CVT Shasta Summit RTT, Rigid DSS Side Shooter ditch lights on Rago Light Brackets, bed lighting by Matt Gecko LED, SSO Slimline hybrid bumper, 30” Rigid light bar, Smittybuilt X20 winch and Factor55 Flatlink.
    Collector’s items if you are into the patch series, limited numbers made...yada yada yada. :)

elmontemike likes this.
  5. Feb 8, 2019 at 12:02 AM
    deadpocketss

deadpocketss Dingus

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    '10 Barcelona Red ACLB MT 2.7L PreRunner (Mia)
    She runs. What more can I ask for?
    You don't want to know.

Whenever you see patches, run. Your wallet will thank me.

6. Feb 8, 2019 at 12:08 AM
    baldbeardedtaco

baldbeardedtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    FL
    Vehicle:
    18 TRD Sport DCSB MGM
    Was always curious why I seen patches all over people’s interior… I kinda want a patch now :rofl:

loyaltothetaco and elmontemike like this.
  7. Feb 8, 2019 at 12:08 AM
    deadpocketss

deadpocketss Dingus

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    '10 Barcelona Red ACLB MT 2.7L PreRunner (Mia)
    She runs. What more can I ask for?
    See what I mean? :bananadead::bananadead:

8. Feb 8, 2019 at 12:09 AM
    CalvBlue

Member:
    Vehicle:
    just getting started...Warrior Product Economy Bed Rack, CVT Shasta Summit RTT, Rigid DSS Side Shooter ditch lights on Rago Light Brackets, bed lighting by Matt Gecko LED, SSO Slimline hybrid bumper, 30” Rigid light bar, Smittybuilt X20 winch and Factor55 Flatlink.
    B54B936C-279D-49B4-A4AD-6D1EE3E9FBF0.jpg

orezona and deadpocketss[QUOTED] like this.
  9. Feb 8, 2019 at 6:56 AM
    loyaltothetaco

loyaltothetaco It's part ATV, part SUV, and certified by the DMV

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    Radiant Red 2006 DCSB SR5
    2.5" OME lift, Fox 2.5 coil overs, all pro expo leafs, ubolt flip kit w/ upgraded bump stops, 1.25" wheel spacers, 16" Bronze KMC Impact OL wheels, 295/75/r16 Nitto grapplers, beige Softopper, Brute force front bumper w/smittybilt winch, RCI rear bumper, caliraised rock sliders, TRD IFS skid plate custom swingout tailgate w/spare tire mount, TC bed stiffeners, Magnum force CAI, KC spotlights, tacomabeast headlights, rear seat molle panel odds and ends, hi lift, MESO interior lights, and a fuck load of patches… more planned for later.
    And just like that... you're an addict :thumbsup:

10. Feb 8, 2019 at 9:00 AM
    orezona

orezona title unspecified

Member:
    satan's skillet
    Vehicle:
    2006 TRD OR DCSB OMGWTFBBQ TL;DR
    WARRANTY VOIDED
    So I'm the original maker for these... OP, you might want to edit your thread title to "SOLD" and take your paypal info off your initial post so you don't have to deal with a bazillion PMs and also having to refund people's money.

When I started with v1, I only did it because I wanted a PLAIN taco patch for my headliner to go with a few others I had up there. I think it was @ODNAREM who pointed me towards the Morale Patch thread on here. I tried to find a cool taco patch but basically ebay, Amazon, etsy, etc. all had pretty shitty options as far as I was concerned. I'm a graphic designer so I drew one up in Illustrator but then added the crossed out eyes and mouth with the tongue hanging out to further the PUN of having a taco patch in a Tacoma...

The GB that @RIDERED67 got in on was originally exclusive to TW. I never intended on making more than the first batch of 100. Took a couple weeks to fill up the list and like a month and a half to get the patches. I was nervous nobody would want to pay for them. I gave away probably like 10-15 of them, keeping only a pair for myself (one for the headliner and one as a spare, which is now on my personal patch design mat along with 25+ others...!). I also gave one to each of my daughters.

A few people started pestering me for more (*cough* @Braves95 *cough*) and suggested changing it up sooooo... Things kind of snowballed from there and I'm a full blown patch "maker" at this point, with my own website and still hard for me to contemplate, following of my patches. I don't see myself slowing down and have a lot of new designs in the works so who knows... Maybe there will eventually be a v100!?! That would be crazy and cool at the same time.

There is a definite group of people looking to get the older versions, a lot being on the facebook patch collecting groups but mainly the Toyota Patch Club. One reason why is that anyone sending me a photo of a complete collection, gets a very special gifted patch that are not for sale. It's my way of giving back to people who obviously are fans of the design series and I feel I owe it to them for their devotion and commitment.

This thread popped up and count me in as one who would have jumped on that immediately! I've actually bought back a couple old patches of mine because I started sending one of each design to my mom. I paid a decent amount for the v1! The going rate is like I posted earlier I think of $150ish for v1 and $100+ for v2, as well as $150+ for the pink fish taco which only about 45 or so were ever sold.

All-in-all it's been cool to think back on how this started and you're a good guy for sticking to the original price, OP. Hopefully the buyer realizes the deal they got and does acknowledge it. ;) :thumbsup:

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
    MotoEd, CalvBlue, Quakes15 and 6 others like this.
  11. Feb 8, 2019 at 9:11 AM
    Braves95

Braves95 Go Clemson Tigers

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central PA
    Vehicle:
    17 MGM TRD Off Road DCSB P&T 6MT
    Fab Fours Bumper Block Heater Dual Exhaust Flow Master Smittybilt 12k Winch Synthetic Rope Bed Mat Roof Rack Puddle Lights 17" Rockstar Wheels NittoTerra Grapplers Power TailGate Lock Tonneau Cover w/lights Mobtown sliders MT Remote Start Tinted Windows Front And Rear Camera BRC Competition Diff Breather Bed Step Weather tech Floor Mats TRD Pro Tail lights TRD MT Shift Knob ARB dual compressor URD short shifter Kings 2.5 OEM W/remote resi. Click adjuster.
    AMEN brother. And I am so glad I was pestering you. Especially the *PINK*. Took u a while but you gave in. Hehe. And thanks for making such great patches.

12. Feb 8, 2019 at 9:23 AM
    ODNAREM

ODNAREM MEMBER Of The Church Of @ODNAREM

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Huntington Beach,CA.
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport Prerunner
    TRD catback exhaust,FJ Cruiser trail team wheels,BFG All Terrain K02 tires,Grillcraft front grill,Pelfreybilt IFS/Mid skids,sliders,standard rear bumper,Total Chaos bed stiffeners.TRD Pro Bilstein front/rear suspension.
    I believe i was that person in regards to the MP thread.:thumbsup::DI wasn’t aware of this thread though until now.:eek::boom::goingcrazy:

MotoEd and orezona[QUOTED] like this.
  13. Feb 9, 2019 at 3:29 AM
    ryanl2425

ryanl2425 Doesn't work..Hit with hammer...Then hit harder

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Truckee, CA
    Vehicle:
    2015 MGM Tacoma DCSB Prerunner
    It was a great deal and thank you op for being a stand up guy.

14. Feb 10, 2019 at 11:03 AM
    CalvBlue

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Also, if anyone else on this thread is looking to sell any TACO COMA patches anytime soon, I’m looking for a few (I have a lot of the collection already) and will pay well for them. :)

Thanks!!

Products Discussed in

To Top