1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Taco Continues as 5th Best-Selling Truck

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by KenLyns, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Dec 2, 2011 at 9:26 PM
    KenLyns

KenLyns [OP] Lord of War

Member:
    Belly of the Beast
    Vehicle:
    4x4 TRD Off Road Full-Auto
    All-Pro Bumper, CBI Sliders, Icon Coilovers, BudBuilt Skids, aFe Intake, Icon VS Rear Shocks, Timbren Bumpstops, All-Pro UCAs, JDM Steering Wheel, ViAir Compressor, Klearz LED 3rd Brake Light, Pop-N-Lock Tailgate Handle, Husky Front Flaps
  2. Dec 2, 2011 at 9:39 PM
    Mr.Ed

Mr.Ed Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wilbur's Barn
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Rugged Trail V6
    Toytec Ulimate W/Dakar leaf pack, LR UCA'S, Undercover, Weather Tech, Block Heater
    Was there a shortage of tacomas they hold value. Or is it price? At a gas station a guy in a new Jeep says "nice truck" ! I said thanks that Jeep is a nice ride. He had a new 4 door redish Sahara. Most of the time people I might see someone checking out my Taco. It was kind of strang for a jeep guy to say that.

3. Dec 2, 2011 at 10:16 PM
    zul

zul Professional Goofball

Member:
    Oregon Territory
    Vehicle:
    '12 Pyrite Mica DCSB SR5 4WD V6 AT
    STOCK: DRL, Tow Package, All Weather Mats HAVE: Bed mat, Tailgate Lock, WANT: Rear Plate Bumper, Color-matched Grille, Heated Wet Okoles, Weathertech Floor Liners, Avid Step Rails
    I dont get why Ford gets to bunch the entire F-series into one slot? Isnt that like four different sized trucks? That would be like the Tacoma and Tundra being bunched up, or the Frontier and Titan... but they are separate. Am I missing something here?

4. Dec 2, 2011 at 10:19 PM
    Maverick904

Maverick904 Resident Fishing Expert

Member:
    First Name:
    Kameron
    Northeast Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Rugged Trail 4x4
    3" Procomp Lift, BDF Light Bar, Borla Stainless Cat-Back System, 2 10" Polk MM Subs, LED Interior Lighting, Pioneer Touch Screen, Kicker Speakers up front, Sonys in the back, Grillcraft grill, 20% tint, Weathertechs, Projector Retrofit Headlights. BHLM
    its technically seen as the same truck.

for example the gmc sierra and chevy silverado is probably including their 1500 and 2500 models. a silverado is still a silverado if its a 1500 or 2500

as well as "dodge ram trucks"

in a tacoma example its like 5 luggers vs. 6 luggers.
    just my guess

5. Dec 2, 2011 at 10:21 PM
    toyotatacomaTRD

toyotatacomaTRD Senior Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Pacific Northwest
    Vehicle:
    2005 4x4 DC TRD Off Road
    11 Color Matched Grille, Pro comp 7089s, 265/70/17 Wrangler Duratracs, Black Running Boards, Tinted Windows, Bed mat, Weathertech Floorliners
    The Tacoma will gain some ground next year when the Ranger is no longer available in the US. I would say it was a strong year for the Tacoma. Nothing comes close in it's class.

To Top