1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Taco Insurance Rates

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by surfsupl, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Jan 23, 2008 at 5:54 PM
    surfsupl

surfsupl [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    WestCoast
    Vehicle:
    I DONT CARE IF IT'S A RE-POST
    Rear Diff Breather~ 5100's ~Fog Light Anytime~Tint~TRD Seat Covers~Weather Tech's~Pioneer H.U.~Lift~Eibach Springs~LED's......blah...blah...blah
    they go by your credit score not ur driving records!! HAHA ..WTF?.........Never heard of this B4!...Anyone else know of this?

2. Jan 23, 2008 at 7:03 PM
    WilsonTheDog

WilsonTheDog Kylie's dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 DC/SB V6
    Magnaflow 12576 muffler & chrome tip, Westin step bars, 27% tint, Pop N Lock, AFE ProdryS, bed mat, Husky liners, D-rings added, Access Literider tonneau, Pioneer 4-ways all around, GY Wrangler Duratracs 265/75/16, 5100's @ 1.75", 1.5" AAL
    They do look at credit scores, that's a fact, but driving record is just as important, if not more.

3. Jan 24, 2008 at 10:46 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    I use GEICO. I have full coverage plus towing and rental car crap and all that on my truck, and HAD collision on my 1990 BMW and my rates were around $100 a month. My brother totalled my Beamer and i had to make 3 claims in about 3 months. My totalled beamer and the truck it hit, a rock through my window, and $3,300 worth of damage to my truck after backing into a tree. I just renewed and my payment is $616 every 6 months. So essentially after all that my rates didnt go up (i was gettting a discount for having 2 vehicles insured with them but after the beamer i lost that discount). They have been great to deal with too. I highly recomend GEICO

4. Jan 24, 2008 at 10:50 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    thats a good point, the more stuff you can insure with one company the cheaper the insurance is on each thing. for example, if you could use GEICO to cover your home, car, motorcycle and boat then you'd be paying almost nothing per vehicle/house.

5. Jan 24, 2008 at 6:22 PM
    surfsupl

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    WestCoast
    Vehicle:
    Rear Diff Breather~ 5100's ~Fog Light Anytime~Tint~TRD Seat Covers~Weather Tech's~Pioneer H.U.~Lift~Eibach Springs~LED's......blah...blah...blah
    Sounds like I better buy another truck, buy a home, and find a wife!....Hmmm...I think the 3rd one is making me question all this?...Maybe I will be happier just paying more for my auto insurance!?!?

6. Jan 25, 2008 at 1:23 AM
    TuRDTACO

TuRDTACO Carolina Alliance: Midwest Firearms Division

Member:
    joliet, il
    Vehicle:
    HAD 07 TRD OFFROAD PRERUNNER
    small dent on the hood, new foglight bulb, roughed up bedliner, been smoked in, suspicious stains on the passenger seat, boogers on the drivers seat, dirty floor mats, girl doodles on the dirty windows, loose wiring
    it'll be more cost effective to pay for higher insurance rates than pay for a wedding lol

7. Jan 25, 2008 at 2:07 AM
    chad68

chad68 Master Jedi Member I am...

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    In a (Toyota) van down by the river! Sonoma Cownty
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 reg cab. Modded with more to come
    Polished 16x8 Pro Comp 1069's 4" BS Nitto Mud Grapplers 305/70/16 Magnaflow & glasspack muffler Stainless tip K&N 63 series Aircharger Vent visors Autometer volt and dig. temp. gauge custom mounted Factory chrome rear bumper (not black factory, one) TRD pedal covers TRD skid plate Hurst T handle shift knob Rear Tint Clear bra on the sides Chrome extinguisher Icon non resi coilovers, ICON RR shocks, black seat covers. And some other crap
    I'm 39 clean record and when I get my Taco my insurance will go up about $25 a month.

It will be about $140 a month or less for the 2008 Taco 4x4 and a 2006 350Z. $500 deductable on both, with Mercury insurance

8. Jan 25, 2008 at 9:14 AM
    gsm

gsm Well-Known Member

Member:
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Regular Cab, 2.7L, Impulse Red Pearl
    DIY OEM Fog Lights on anytime, DIY OEM Cruise Control, Removed 2ndary Air Filter, Rear Speakers Mod, Traction Bar/Helper Spring Mod, Red Brake Drums and Rotors, Stainless Steel Exhaust Tip, Door Sill Protectors, Taco Bed Mat, Custom Front Mud Flaps (Mudguards), TRD Bucket Seats (pending)
    As for the 3rd one, I had to go to Japan to find mine (23 Yrs now). But if you do go with the "3rd" one, make sure it's the right one because unlike another truck or home, those are: "cheaper to keep 'em" - - - :eek: IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

9. Jan 25, 2008 at 12:28 PM
    surfsupl

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    WestCoast
    Vehicle:
    LOL.....I've already burned through 1 wife!....Now you know why I am hesitant!....Was she a mail order bride?

10. Jan 25, 2008 at 1:05 PM
    gsm

gsm Well-Known Member

Member:
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Regular Cab, 2.7L, Impulse Red Pearl
    DIY OEM Fog Lights on anytime, DIY OEM Cruise Control, Removed 2ndary Air Filter, Rear Speakers Mod, Traction Bar/Helper Spring Mod, Red Brake Drums and Rotors, Stainless Steel Exhaust Tip, Door Sill Protectors, Taco Bed Mat, Custom Front Mud Flaps (Mudguards), TRD Bucket Seats (pending)
    Nah, I met her when I was over there in the Marines and she was in college. Took 4 years to get her to say yes. This one is definately a keeper!

11. Jan 25, 2008 at 2:33 PM
    surfsupl

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    WestCoast
    Vehicle:
    Glad that your 4 years paid off for you!...Knew my ex 2 yrs b4 getting hitched....turns out I didn't know her well enough!....LOL..

12. Jan 28, 2008 at 5:47 PM
    CoopersTacoma

CoopersTacoma Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 Double Cab TRD OffRoad V6 Auto
    ARE CAP
    AAA insurance $560 a year in Vermont, $1000 Deductible.

13. Jan 28, 2008 at 9:00 PM
    surfsupl

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    WestCoast
    Vehicle:
    Anyone out their use AIG for insurance?

Products Discussed in

To Top