1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

taco issues not resolved yet..

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by ywen, Feb 14, 2010.

1. Feb 14, 2010 at 4:00 PM
    dog tired

dog tired Well-Known Member

Member:
    NE Ohio
    Yeah that is going to leave a mark

2. Feb 14, 2010 at 4:12 PM
    SlurpeeBlueMetallic

SlurpeeBlueMetallic FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

Member:

Per my back-of-the-napkin statistics, the man in your sig is 11,212,917 times more likely to die from what he's doing than I am from unintended acceleration. :D

Life *IS* risk, folks. I'm sure there's some actuarial numbers somewhere that says how likely I am to die by slipping in the shower, electrocuting myself due to a faulty wall socket or having an aneurysm while walking down the stairs and breaking my neck. I'd hazard a guess each of those is statistically more likely a cause of my death than UA in any vehicle, let alone the one I'm driving today.

I'm not denying the issue... it needs to get fixed. But until it does I have a back-up plan (slam on brakes, shift to neutral, stop, turn off) and I'll focus my energy on things far more likely to be a problem in my life.

3. Feb 14, 2010 at 4:39 PM
    Joe in the hills

Joe in the hills Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Cleveland, SC
    Vehicle:
    Timberline Mica SR5 TRD Offroad Towing Pk
    TJM Bull Bar Bumper, 7100 Bilstiens on FE, 4 Leaf Spring Retro
    Other than the two (2) TSB issues - leaf springs & lagging trany I've experienced no life threating defects.

I love my Taco, sorry if ya'll have issues, mine is doing great.

Would I buy or recommend, absolutely...:D

4. Feb 17, 2010 at 6:41 AM
    tegdog

tegdog Taco Lover

Member:
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma Dbl TRD Sport
    ventvisors,seatcovers, bug shield,TRD CAI,TRD CAT BACK,blacked out emblems,bed extender, TSB leaf pack,Pro Dry filter, Grill craft upper, lower, & triangles, Hella 500 Black magics
    Do you have the ability to not be an ass everytime someone disagrees with you? With all the hatin your doing on Toyota lately why dont you do us all a favor and trade in your taco along with your balls on a Ridgeline, go "troll" their forumns.:D

5. Feb 17, 2010 at 6:48 AM
    WNYTACOMA

WNYTACOMA Well-Known Member

Member:
    Clarence, New York
    Vehicle:
    09 Metalic Grey TRD OFF ROAD
    Toyota Nerf steps Bugflector 2 Tool box Weathertech floor liners Wet Okole F/R - Bk/Char
    When my 09' Tacoma was hit by a meteor, it screwed the alignment up big-time.

6. Feb 18, 2010 at 3:24 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
  7. Feb 18, 2010 at 3:28 AM
    vahaus

vahaus New Member

Member:
    I have a real problem with that quote. Toyota dismissed the report because they believed it was nothing more than unsatisfied customers. Safety concern or not, that quote right there tells you just how "valued" of a customer we really are.

8. Feb 18, 2010 at 3:31 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Ummm...Investigated means they looked into it...and they couldn't find any merit in the problems at the time. More information changes the situation.

And believe it or not- There are people out there who say things to try and start trouble for other people/businesses because they aren't happy about something.

Intro thread??:rolleyes:

Products Discussed in

To Top