1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Taco PRO Owners: Interested in a spring upgrade for front?

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by Ryan at Eibach, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Jun 30, 2022 at 4:27 AM
    Roof Walker

Roof Walker Well-Known Member

Member:
    SE Michigan
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tacoma TRD Pro MT
    Maxxis Militia
    Right, I should have specified that I was referring to the front only, I will be getting leaf packs for the rear.

Like you, I also wanted to retain as close to OE setup as possible since I do occasionally wheel. The Eibach springs seemed like the more logical/practical choice to keep the suspension functional but now I’m second guessing myself because I guarantee the squeak would bother me with such a new vehicle.

2. Jun 30, 2022 at 4:50 AM
    RTweet

RTweet Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2021 White TRD Pro, MT
    Used to be that I couldn’t hear it with the windows up. Now that doesn’t matter even with music up to a reasonable level.

3. Jun 30, 2022 at 5:05 AM
    virginiamarine

virginiamarine Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    FJCruiser/Double cab Tacoma
    Didn't know about this issue. I went w toytec and as u can see in this pic the springs are flat at the ends. Everything went on easy and without issues. Sorry some are having to deal with this. I don't know eibach so I'm not bashing on them. Just really sucks when you make an investment to make it better.....

20220625_143031.jpg
    20220629_182846.jpg

frankybones likes this.
  4. Jun 30, 2022 at 8:40 AM
    trdteddyb

trdteddyb Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD Pro MGM 6MT
    This is just what I wanted to read.

I do not have the option of returning to stock at this time as I’ve sold my stock wheels and tires. This will unfortunately put me in a position of upgrading the “upgrade” with a complete coil set (kings, fox).

I am not trying to bash Eibach either. But, placing blame on a bushing that was silent pre spring install is not a satisfying answer.

The struts do not line up and bolt in easily with the lift springs installed. There is some wrestling involved to connect to the lower A-arm once bolted loosely in the strut tower. That extreme angle in itself shows the potential for alignment issues within the bushing/top hat/shock body.

RTweet[QUOTED] likes this.
  5. Jun 30, 2022 at 9:01 AM
    RTweet

RTweet Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2021 White TRD Pro, MT
    This morning: "If anyone on the Tacoma World forum that is having this problem is in the Southern California area, we could possibly bring their vehicle in to confirm/troubleshoot the issue.

- Team Eibach"

Roof Walker likes this.
  6. Jun 30, 2022 at 11:41 AM
    RTweet

RTweet Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2021 White TRD Pro, MT
    For sure, did you see the alignment specs I posted a handful of threads ago? More people just need to reach out to Eibach about this because I'm certain they don't want to keep producing a product even if only a small % of people experience the problem.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2022
    mark@eibach likes this.
  7. Jun 30, 2022 at 12:33 PM
    panicmonster

panicmonster no

Member:
    Anchorage, AK
    Vehicle:
    2021 Mallcrawler Pro
    Do you have a contact or did you just use the general help form / e-mail on their website?

8. Jun 30, 2022 at 12:43 PM
    RTweet

RTweet Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2021 White TRD Pro, MT
    I’ve been replying to hello-1@eibach.hs-inbox.com, but it was initially through their website.

9. Jun 30, 2022 at 3:03 PM
    SchistHappens

SchistHappens Active Member

Member:
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    AG TRD MT
    I just submitted my own ticket through the site and will let you all know what they say. Hopefully with enough they take a more thorough look at this issue because it is definitely not just a sporadic problem.

10. Jun 30, 2022 at 3:08 PM
    RTweet

RTweet Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2021 White TRD Pro, MT
    Appreciate the update, please keep us up to speed with whatever they say.

SchistHappens[QUOTED] likes this.
  11. Jun 30, 2022 at 3:40 PM
    SchistHappens

SchistHappens Active Member

Member:
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    AG TRD MT
    Its been forwarded to their engineering team but with it being July 4th weekend I likely will not hear back until Tues/Wednesday

12. Jul 1, 2022 at 5:02 AM
    Rainoffire

Rainoffire Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 QS DCLB TRD Sport
    Yours looks to be a 2017-2019 style TRD Pro Shock, were the spring is flat on both top & bottom. From the looks of it, those springs do not have squeaking issues.

Issues seem to be happening with 2020+ TRD Pro Shocks, were the OEM open spring design causes the aftermarket springs to squeak.

mark@eibach likes this.
  13. Jul 1, 2022 at 6:58 AM
    trdteddyb

trdteddyb Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD Pro MGM 6MT
    The email provided kicked back, but I filled out the technical support form on their website.

If you have this issue please take the time to email them so this issue can be resolved.

RTweet likes this.
  14. Jul 1, 2022 at 7:49 AM
    virginiamarine

Member:
    Northern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    I'm a 2020. The springs in the pic are the toytec not oem. Total lift after installation is 2 more inches (every inch counts!!). lol. Totally changed my drive and even getting in and out.

15. Jul 1, 2022 at 8:46 AM
    Rainoffire

Rainoffire Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 QS DCLB TRD Sport
    Just wondering, if the Toytecs are flat on both ends, did you also have to change the bottom perch?sketch-1656690331817.jpg

16. Jul 1, 2022 at 8:52 AM
    5nahalf

5nahalf I build dumb things

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    2018 Inferno Longbed
    toytecs comes with a replacement lower perch that adapts 2020+ to 17-19 design. They did this so they didnt have to make 2 versions, I thought it was a bad idea at first, but seeing as the OEM design is causing problems it might actually be a better design.

17. Jul 1, 2022 at 10:03 AM
    virginiamarine

Member:
    Northern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    Yup, it's a flat replacement perch on the bottom and the spring is flat on both ends (straight forward to replace the perch if you never did it before). The only thing I don't get is that the toytec kit came with a bumpstop extension aluminum blocks that don't fit properly, so I just reused my oem bumpstop. I'm going this route until I need a full new suspension. It's the most cost affordable way for a lift with pro suspension. Ha! It saved me enough to get both upper and lower control arms!

Rainoffire likes this.
  18. Jul 2, 2022 at 4:27 PM
    HighSpeedDirt

HighSpeedDirt Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Baltimore, MD
    Vehicle:
    20' Midnight TRD Pro AT
    Performance: Eibach Front Springs Dobinson's Rear Leafs Timbren Rear Bump Stops TRD Air Filter Exterior: ARE CX HD Cap w factory rack/rails Yakima HD Skyrise 3-person RTT AVS Low Profile Front Deflector+In Channel Window Visors Warfab General Sherman Hitch Skid w Recovery Point Ceramic Pro Coating Clear Shield PPF for Front End, Partial Hood, Front Roof, Mirror Backs, Door Cups, A+B+C-Pillars, Rear-Upper Tailgate Interior: DDI Front+Rear Multi Mount Panels on Passenger Seat DDI Billet Quick Release Fire Extinguisher Mount Hondo Garage Phone Mount+Cable Runner Blue Ridge Overland Visor Storage Panel Bed: Rago Fab Bed Rail Accessory Mounts for... Rotopax (4 gallon water+4 gallon gas), 5lb Propane Tank Rago Fab Bed Rail Max Trax Mounts w (4) MTs Hi Lift Bed Rail Mounts w HL 48" Jack Quick Fist Mounts for... Axe, Shovel, Flashlights, Bear Spray, Propane Tank Upper Cargo Net OEM Accessories Installed: Low Profile Side Steps Door Sill Guards Door Edge Guards Mud Guards Bed Extender Bed Mat Bed Lights Bed Step Cab-side Bed Rail Front Bed Lower Tie Downs Electronic Tailgate Lock VIP Alarm with Glass Break Sensor Rear Seat Tablet Holder
    20' Pro driver here, had the Eibach Front Springs/ Rear Block kit installed on June 22nd along with Timbren rear bumpstops. 21K miles currently.

I just noticed the squeaks coming from the front assembly today and came here to see if anyone else had issues. After reading I guess I'll be contacting my shop and maybe Eibach to see what we can do.

If any other threads are relevant here at TW, any pointers are appreciated.

I have a ARE HD Cap w RTT on the rear, plus recovery gear mounted to the bed rails. Was planning on incorporating a Dobinsons 2" Rear Leaf to accommodate the load but second guessing the whole plan now. I cannot stand the noise, was so quiet with OEM setup.

RTweet likes this.
  19. Jul 2, 2022 at 10:58 PM
    RTweet

RTweet Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2021 White TRD Pro, MT
    Please contact Eibach so they feel pressured to resolve the issue either financially for us or for future users. I had several Toyota mechanics/techs look at it for a week and the seemingly most viable idea was to take an angle grinder to the top (they of course wouldn’t do that).

HighSpeedDirt[QUOTED] likes this.
  20. Jul 2, 2022 at 11:11 PM
    HighSpeedDirt

HighSpeedDirt Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Baltimore, MD
    Vehicle:
    20' Midnight TRD Pro AT
    Performance: Eibach Front Springs Dobinson's Rear Leafs Timbren Rear Bump Stops TRD Air Filter Exterior: ARE CX HD Cap w factory rack/rails Yakima HD Skyrise 3-person RTT AVS Low Profile Front Deflector+In Channel Window Visors Warfab General Sherman Hitch Skid w Recovery Point Ceramic Pro Coating Clear Shield PPF for Front End, Partial Hood, Front Roof, Mirror Backs, Door Cups, A+B+C-Pillars, Rear-Upper Tailgate Interior: DDI Front+Rear Multi Mount Panels on Passenger Seat DDI Billet Quick Release Fire Extinguisher Mount Hondo Garage Phone Mount+Cable Runner Blue Ridge Overland Visor Storage Panel Bed: Rago Fab Bed Rail Accessory Mounts for... Rotopax (4 gallon water+4 gallon gas), 5lb Propane Tank Rago Fab Bed Rail Max Trax Mounts w (4) MTs Hi Lift Bed Rail Mounts w HL 48" Jack Quick Fist Mounts for... Axe, Shovel, Flashlights, Bear Spray, Propane Tank Upper Cargo Net OEM Accessories Installed: Low Profile Side Steps Door Sill Guards Door Edge Guards Mud Guards Bed Extender Bed Mat Bed Lights Bed Step Cab-side Bed Rail Front Bed Lower Tie Downs Electronic Tailgate Lock VIP Alarm with Glass Break Sensor Rear Seat Tablet Holder
    Will do and will report back

Products Discussed in

To Top