1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Taco Residual Value down the drain

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by bishtacova, Feb 14, 2010.

1. Feb 14, 2010 at 3:56 PM
    Way2muchtime

Way2muchtime Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    99' 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 / 08 Toyota Matrix XRS
    I own a Nissan and a Toyota (matrix) and I would still buy a Tacoma. I do find it strange after reading on here that the 09's and 10's seem to be having issues which really doesnt make sense. I mean its 5+ years into the same bodystyle and it should be pretty much perfected.

It seems to be the case with Frontiers as well, there are a few 2010 owners that are having issues that shouldnt be, stupid stuff that shouldnt get past quality control.

Our 08 Matrix has been a tough little car, got us through a nasty snow storm the winter of 08' (Oregon doesnt get much snow so when we do get 12"s plus its a big deal, we actually called in the National Guard in Gresham) with out too much trouble. Kept getting high centered but its little and was able to push it out and on its way again.

If I was still in the truck market right now I would be a Toyota's door and probably getting a killer deal as I have heard sales are really slow. Maybe I could also get top dollar for my Frontier on trade-in... J/K.

Honestly if I had to do it all over again I would have gotten a 1st gen double cab or 3rd gen 4runner. Not that the Frontier is a bad truck, but its not what I expected from a brand new vehicle. Oh well, it was fairly inexpensive.

2. Feb 14, 2010 at 9:01 PM
    motoretro

motoretro Well-Known Member

Member:
    Michigan
    Vehicle:
    09 Reg, Cab, 2.7 Four Cyl. manual trans
    I bought a new Tundra in 04 and when it came time to sell I took a bath....after 6 months of trying to sell the truck. It was low mileage, spotless, clean Carfax, & well optioned. My 09 Tacoma has been for sale for approximately 4 months and I can't even get a bite on it. Once again, super clean truck and very well maintained and I'm way below book price.....no dice.

I did better trading in my GM truck on my Tundra in late 04! Don't buy them for resale, buy them and drive the wheels off um!:rimshot:

Motoretro

Products Discussed in

To Top