1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Taco saves the day.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Cossi, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Dec 27, 2009 at 7:15 AM
    Cossi

Cossi [OP] TacoTacoTaco

Member:
    So short version of the story is this; Friday we had 3 cars get stuck at work, and I realized I didn't have a tow strap in my truck. If you haven't seen the blizzard that hit Oklahoma it is pretty wild. Yesterday decided to pick one up. After leaving the parts store headed out to the hunting spot. By golly, and truck off in the ditch. So I pulled him out. Wow, what a coincidence. This is where it gets good. My wifes aunt was on her way here from OKC. She calls and says she got run off the road and is stuck in the ditch. No biggie right? Wrong. She drives a 2007 Dodge 2500, diesel, four door 4X4. Oh yeah, and keeps a 75-100 gallon fuel tank full of diesel in the bed. On my way out the door I tell my wife, I don't know that I can get her out, that is one heavy SOB.

Show up and she is off the road with her nose going uphill toward the roadway. I am just like shit! Made sure I was on pavement (snow and slush covered) stuck it in 4L, hit the rear diff lock and went to town. Actually it only took me about 3-4 good tugs, but it drug her ass out even without her knowing how to steer the wheels to help. Just had to post this. I was so proud of the Taco, and can only imagine all the people driving by watching me hook up to her truck going " is he fucking crazy? there is no way in hell he is gonna drag that thing outta there!"

Never question the Taco.:D

2. Dec 27, 2009 at 8:23 AM
    Jason'sLawnCare

Jason'sLawnCare Prepared for Bambi

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jacksonville Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 Double Cab TRD Rugged Trail
    CBI Moab 2.0, CBI Trail Rider 2.0, CBI sliders w/kickout, Superwinch EPi9.0S, OME sport shocks w/886 coils, OME n182, 1.5" aal, JasonBuilt 3/16th full belly skid, BuiltRight uca, Body Mount Chop, 285/75/16 km2's, Rear cat delete, exhaust crossover rerouted, Fog light anytime, Locker mod, Rear leaf tsb, Debadged, Uws Tool Box, Electric Exhaust Cutout, AFE Pro Dry S, Kiwi Wifi, Diff Breather Relocated, Grom Ipod Adapter, Dual Diehard platinum batteries isolated by BlueSea marine switch
    Haha. Good story. I like that "Never question a taco"

3. Dec 27, 2009 at 8:28 AM
    brian

brian Another Traitor

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2008 F-350 Powerstroke
    I pulled a half ton chevy out the other day who was all the way into the snow bank. For shits/giggles I put all four of my tires IN THE SNOW BANK and hooked onto him and still pulled him out easily.

4. Dec 27, 2009 at 9:25 AM
    pataco

pataco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Down by the lake
    Vehicle:
    05 4x4 trd dc white
    FOX 2.0 RESIS,LRUCAS,BILLY 5100S ON THE REAR.MAGNAFLOW 11264,COLOR MATCHED GRILL,YELLOW FOG MOD.OVER HEAD DVD,FEDERAL COURAGIA M/T
    thats great.:thumbsup:

5. Dec 27, 2009 at 9:41 AM
    Blumpkinson

Blumpkinson Fuelled by plutonium and wild animals

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    OR
    Vehicle:
    03 4x4 5spd
    Haha nice sounds like it was fun

6. Dec 27, 2009 at 9:44 AM
    Drakken

Drakken Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nevin
    Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    2009 Black 4X4 D-Cab SR5
    DTRL, GPS, Tailgate theft mod, alarm system, Westin step bars, hood protector, Sockmoney banner, blah blah blah
    Sweet!

To Top