1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tacoma "clunk" gone bye bye....

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by ChrisYoTaCoMa, Jul 18, 2009.

1. Jul 18, 2009 at 3:19 PM
    ChrisYoTaCoMa

ChrisYoTaCoMa [OP] Chrome's for Harleys and old farts

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Estero, Floriduh
    Vehicle:
    00 Taco 4x4 Ex cab 2.7 sr5 AT
    New Pioneer stereo, and all 4 speakers with Infinity components. Sirius satellite radio. Deckplate mod done. Door buzzer silenced forever thank God, tinted windows, vent visors, hood protector(bug guard), ceramic pads and new rotors, dechromed EVERYTHING. 2" Lift front 3" rear. Skyjacker AAL's and replacement leafs(and front spacers) from Fatbobsgarage.com. Skyjacker 7000 Hydro rear shocks, those Bilstein 5100 fronts are coming soon!
    Well after all this time researching the clunk when I stop and let off the brakes, it is now just a memory(one I want to forget). I replaced my rear leafs yesterday and added a Skyjacker AAL, and it completely did away with the clunk. Wahoo!!! It also has a great ride now. I don't think the AAL made it harsh, stiff, or anything like that, it actually rides wayyyy better. I had a really annoying clunk when reversing then going to drive, that is completely gone too. Wheel well center to ground height went from 34" to 37". Now for the 31's!!!!!

2. Jul 18, 2009 at 6:31 PM
    wolfgang123

wolfgang123 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Skyler
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    1997 TACOMA - 4x4
    NICE...What about the front of the truck, you brought the rear up now do the front.

3. Jul 18, 2009 at 6:57 PM
    CraigTRD

CraigTRD It's been a while

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    London, Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2023 Tacoma TRD Pro 6M
    Will have: 6" FabTech Lift, Custom rear leaf packs. Hockey Stick Canadian Flag Mod.
    How about a link to those leafs? They sound sexy. I want a pair!!!!

And why don't you go with 33's now?? :D

4. Jul 18, 2009 at 7:09 PM
    ChrisYoTaCoMa

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Estero, Floriduh
    Vehicle:
    New Pioneer stereo, and all 4 speakers with Infinity components. Sirius satellite radio. Deckplate mod done. Door buzzer silenced forever thank God, tinted windows, vent visors, hood protector(bug guard), ceramic pads and new rotors, dechromed EVERYTHING. 2" Lift front 3" rear. Skyjacker AAL's and replacement leafs(and front spacers) from Fatbobsgarage.com. Skyjacker 7000 Hydro rear shocks, those Bilstein 5100 fronts are coming soon!
    I already did. I have 36 inches to center of the wells to ground. Only a 1 inch difference is ok, with me. I like the stance it has. I bought a good quality set of top mount spacers in the front, but will be getting a set of 5100's from Wheelers soon. Also rears. I just want to get the tires done first, so I don't look like I am riding around on donuts...LOL.

5. Jul 18, 2009 at 7:14 PM
    ChrisYoTaCoMa

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Estero, Floriduh
    Vehicle:
    Ya, I have thought of 32's or larger, but $$$ and the rubbing issue are holding me back. I will just go with 31x10.5x15, or 265/75/15's.

I got my replacement leafs from fatbobsgarage.com. Great guys, and they will custom design what you need. I just got stock replacements, but added the skyjacker AAL set, bought those from a 4x4 shop in town. The Skyjackers are what gave it its lift and better spring strength.

6. Jul 18, 2009 at 7:18 PM
    CraigTRD

CraigTRD It's been a while

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    London, Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2023 Tacoma TRD Pro 6M
    Will have: 6" FabTech Lift, Custom rear leaf packs. Hockey Stick Canadian Flag Mod.
    Nice! Thanks for the info. I have the 6" Fabtech. Whenever I put anything more than a set of rotors in the box, the rear sags like a biotch. I want some stiffer springs for back there. I'll fire them an email!

7. Jul 18, 2009 at 7:25 PM
    ChrisYoTaCoMa

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Estero, Floriduh
    Vehicle:
    The guy I dealt with at Fatbobs is Bill. Nice guy, huge help... So far I have ordered from them twice, got all my lift stuff from them, and they ship frickin FAST.

8. Jul 18, 2009 at 8:09 PM
    KenpachiZaraki

KenpachiZaraki Its Wicked Flow BITCHES!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex •﹏•
    Lubbock
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD. 325/275/365 SBD
    ALL POSER- Afe Pro Dry S drop in filter, 3" AP leaf pack, Eibach w/5100's up front, 5100's rear, Fog Light Mod, ABS off mod, Dash Light MOD, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, Wicked Flow Bitches MAX Muffler, 4" floods, 20", 43" light bars, 265/75/16 Hankook Dynapro ATm, oil catch can, rear diff breather relocate, Custome Sliders, SOS concepts Front bumper, Demon Eye Mod, backlit TRD emblem on bumper, Morimoto D2S projectors,
    Would those guys sell a 4 leaf pack? I have the add a leaf from toytec but have not put it on cuz I want to get more leaves in the back

9. Jul 19, 2009 at 5:34 AM
    ChrisYoTaCoMa

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Estero, Floriduh
    Vehicle:
    They will make or get whatever you need I was told. He said if I don't see it, just ask, and you will have it. Call them and ask for Bill, or anyone really. I have been dealing with Bill.

10. Jul 19, 2009 at 3:43 PM
    ChrisYoTaCoMa

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Estero, Floriduh
    Vehicle:
    Two days now and many, many, stop and goes. Not one hint of a clunk. This is frickin awesome!!!

Products Discussed in

To Top