1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tacoma Custom Tuning on the Wasatch Front

Discussion in 'South West' started by BortisYeltzen, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Apr 10, 2021 at 9:21 AM
    BortisYeltzen

BortisYeltzen [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Barrett
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM TRD Off-road DCLB
    OV Tuned, Bilstein TRD Pro lift, ECGS bushing, Heated Clazzio's, RCI SKID TRILOGY, BAMF sliders, ARE V-Series shell, RokBlokz flaps, more to come
    **Updated 10/19/2022 with new vehicle support**

Hello South West Regional Forum folks.

I am offering the service of installing/flashing tunes for 2nd and 3rd gen Tacomas through Just So, LLC. I can also tune other Toyota off-road vehicles, not just Tacoma's. I am based in SLC but can cover from Provo to Ogden pretty easily. I am in the SE UT area regularly as I have family down there and visit at least every 3-4 months. Other areas within UT we can try to work something out. I also work with another tuner, Clayton, that covers St. George, Las Vegas and areas in SW UT (Overland Tailor Tuning - OTT / TSB Updates in Southern Utah | Tacoma World).

I proudly offer the Overland Tailor family of tunes. To date, Overland Tailor provides the widest selection of tunes available for Toyota vehicles that are developed and dialed in to provide optimum drive-ability and validated on the dyno to provide increased performance.
    https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/overland-torque-tune-ott-by-overland-tailor.759590/

First and foremost I am not affiliated with OVTune/vF tuner in any way. I am a purchaser/user of their software. The main benefit of working with me vs. purchasing the software, cable, tune packs, etc... yourself is you can save a few bucks and save the time and effort to learn the software, apply ECU TSB's etc... I have flashed many trucks and have a system in place that is safe and reliable. I realize saving $ is important to some people but not everyone, and if you want to buy the software/hardware and go at it yourself, great! I'll help you if I can.

I have many tunes to choose from. I work with both HP Tuners and VF Tuner software. I can also update your ECU if needed for free as part of the process. I stay current on the tunes and will offer updates as they become available.

There are several options for the tunes. All have multiple throttle choices, gear lock, AGM Battery, etc... just let me know what you are interested in. Pricing varies based on vehicle and tune options, generally between $400-$800.

Dyno sessions can be included for an additional $150-$200/hr. Advanced notice needed if dyno session requested so we can get the day/time reserved.

Current Tuning Capabilities:
    Tuning Capabilities 10-19-2022.jpg

Please reach out if you have any questions or comments.

Thanks,
    B

JustSo, LLC
    Coverage areas: Northern Utah (Beaver to Brigham City, everywhere in between), also South East UT (Moab) several times a year
    Email: JustSoLLC.UT@gmail.com
    Web: www.ToyotaTuningNetwork.com
    Facebook: IG: https://instagram.com/justsollc

Last edited: Oct 26, 2022
    cmonjack, LV-TAC, JacksonK10 and 16 others like this.
  2. Apr 18, 2021 at 3:12 PM
    crazyfingers

crazyfingers Soft Sweet But True

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Annapolis, MD.
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off-Road DCLB Quicksand
    TRD Pro 17' Rims With Goodyear Wrangler DuraTracs Toytec 3" Boss Aluma Series With OEM HD Leafs. With A GoFast Camper
    For the Maryland area @dave5623 is a solid guy and really knows what he’s doing. Dave tuned mine and my brother’s @Speaks05 truck. Plus a bunch of others here in MD with the OV2.0. Once I get a little bit more information on the KDMax i’ll be having Dave do that also. Not one person has been disappointed or has anything negative to say about the tune or Dave.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
    B-EZ15 and BortisYeltzen[OP] like this.
  3. Apr 21, 2021 at 6:10 AM
    B-EZ15

B-EZ15 New Member

Member:
    Annapolis, MD
    Thanks for the info @crazyfingers I just moved back into the Annapolis area. @dave5623 How would I go about trying to set something up with you to get my truck tuned?

Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
  4. Apr 21, 2021 at 3:23 PM
    dave5623

dave5623 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD Pro

Hey man, happy to help you out. We just need to figure out a time that works for the both of us. I will send you a message.

5. Jul 10, 2021 at 2:13 PM
    UTahcko

UTahcko Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 Quicksand Tacoma ORDCSB
    Just had my 2018 Tacoma DCSB OR tuned by @BortisYeltzen and my mind is blown!

I don't need to report all the performance details (there's plenty of that in all the threads on this subject and I concur with the incredible gains in performance and MPG so far), but I'm just here to say how great @BortisYeltzen was in helping with the tune. He happened to be in my area for a tuning event and added me into an appointment slot. He was very responsive, informative, and easy to work with. I also appreciated him dropping some great knowledge on other upgrades I was considering for my ride.

If you're in Utah don't miss a chance to get this done with him!

6. Jul 10, 2021 at 6:15 PM
    BortisYeltzen

Member:
    First Name:
    Barrett
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Vehicle:
    OV Tuned, Bilstein TRD Pro lift, ECGS bushing, Heated Clazzio's, RCI SKID TRILOGY, BAMF sliders, ARE V-Series shell, RokBlokz flaps, more to come
    Rey,
    Thanks for coming out today. Enjoy the tune and reach out if you need anything going forward. Highlight of the day was watching you blow by me in my T4R on I-15 as we were leaving :rofl:

7. Jul 10, 2021 at 6:17 PM
    UTahcko

UTahcko Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 Quicksand Tacoma ORDCSB
    Was that you?! My bad! Hahaha

8. Aug 8, 2021 at 6:26 AM
    Strautins

Strautins Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    SL,UT
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD OR; 2011 TRD OffRoad TX Pro
    2019- 265/70R17 on methods, GFC to be installed: Yukon 5.29, ARB oba, snorkel. (Lift tires armor TBD) 2011- Retired:OME lift, Light Racing UCA, Demello Front, Demello sliders, Brute force rear, TX pro wheels, 285/75s, snorkel, M8000, ARB OBA, Century shell, Relentless skids, Cobra 75
    @BortisYeltzen Best way to contact you to set something up? Finally getting around to building my truck and a tune is definitely high on the list with the 5.29s I’m waiting on…

9. Aug 20, 2021 at 12:13 PM
    BortisYeltzen

Member:
    First Name:
    Barrett
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Vehicle:
    Just a FYI, I’ll be tuning some vehicles at Agility Customs Saturday 8/28/2021 from 9 am to 4 pm.

All 3rd Gen Tacoma’s and 2016-2018 4Runners. Other Toyota vehicles and years are in work. Ping Agility if you’re interested. Happy to load tunes and send people for test drives at no cost. If you want to keep the tune it will cost you though :thumbsup:

If you just want to come by and check out the shop that’s cool also. They’ve got some crazy builds in there.

Event Info: Agility Customs:
    https://www.agilitycustoms.com/

Sorry if Spammy,
    B

skibums_toyo likes this.
  10. Aug 20, 2021 at 6:29 PM
    Strautins

Strautins Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    SL,UT
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD OR; 2011 TRD OffRoad TX Pro
    2019- 265/70R17 on methods, GFC to be installed: Yukon 5.29, ARB oba, snorkel. (Lift tires armor TBD) 2011- Retired:OME lift, Light Racing UCA, Demello Front, Demello sliders, Brute force rear, TX pro wheels, 285/75s, snorkel, M8000, ARB OBA, Century shell, Relentless skids, Cobra 75
    Not spammy, I might actually try to swing by and chat. Thanks for the heads up!

BortisYeltzen[OP] likes this.
  11. Sep 7, 2021 at 2:40 PM
    roggen

roggen Member

Member:
    SoJo, UT
    Vehicle:
    2021 Black Tacoma
    A bit 'O' loft!
    Man, it looks like I missed the tune day. @BortisYeltzen, I have a few friends in the SLC area with newer Tacos and 4Runners. Would you be willing to do another tune day?

12. Sep 7, 2021 at 4:32 PM
    BortisYeltzen

Member:
    First Name:
    Barrett
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Vehicle:
    Yeah, there will be more tune events. I’m going to be at Agility Customs again this Friday 9/10 from 2-5 pm. I have a few spots open for that. Let me know if that works. Otherwise I can do tunes most very Friday afternoon. Shoot me a PM for more details and we can get something planned.

13. Oct 19, 2022 at 9:05 PM
    BortisYeltzen

Member:
    First Name:
    Barrett
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Vehicle:
    Updated my tuning capabilities and vehicles covered. Lots of new capabilities. I'm right here in SLC and travel regularly from Orem to Ogden. If you need a tune, I'm here to support you.

14. Oct 24, 2022 at 8:24 PM
    nwasierski

nwasierski Well-Known Member

Member:
    Salt lake City
    Vehicle:
    1998 purple Tacoma
    I'll keep this in mind? Do you ever make it to Garfield county?

15. Oct 24, 2022 at 8:30 PM
    BortisYeltzen

Member:
    First Name:
    Barrett
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Vehicle:
    I’m headed to Springdale in a few weeks. Tell me a little about the vehicle you are looking to get tuned. What year, modifications, etc..?

16. Oct 24, 2022 at 8:48 PM
    nwasierski

nwasierski Well-Known Member

Member:
    Salt lake City
    Vehicle:
    1998 purple Tacoma
    Im currently In SLC for and next fews weeks but live in Boulder town. Wondering for future tune ups. 2009 tacoma 4.0 w/ TRD super charger couple other things as well.

17. Oct 24, 2022 at 9:01 PM
    BortisYeltzen

Member:
    First Name:
    Barrett
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Vehicle:
    Nice! I have great options for the SC 4.0L. Reach out when you are ready and I’m happy to talk details. Can definitely get more out of your truck vs. the TRD calibration.

18. Dec 11, 2022 at 6:32 PM
    BortisYeltzen

Member:
    First Name:
    Barrett
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Vehicle:
    Bumping this post as a reminder that there are local options for Toyota tuning. You don’t have to wait months for traveling tuners to come through. I can tune you, and support you after the tune locally, and I have support for many Toyota vehicles, not just 3rd Gens, see first post. And if you want it validated on a dyno, that can be done as well.

ikarus likes this.
  19. Dec 22, 2022 at 1:53 PM
    ikarus

ikarus Well-Known Member

Member:
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD OR 6MT
    A tune is on my list for the next month or two. Might buy a supercharger as well - if that's the case, do you travel to people's homes to tune? Or would I need to bring it to you? I'd install it in my garage so it would be nice to get it tuned here vs having to flash the Magnuson tune temporarily.

I'm in Draper. Thanks!

20. Dec 23, 2022 at 7:28 AM
    BortisYeltzen

Member:
    First Name:
    Barrett
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Vehicle:
    I can come to you in this instance as it’s a bit of a special circumstance. The main thing is after the install need to make sure everything is good with the install before going forward with the tune. So regardless, we would likely load the base Maggy file and go for a drive and log it to make sure it’s all good. Then we could begin the SC tune from there. Shoot me a PM and we can iron out the details. This will be a lot of fun!

We have 90mm and 87mm tunes ready to go for the 3rd Gen Maggy SC. 87mm doesn’t need any additional upgrades to fueling etc… we can go right to it after we get 90mm dialed in. So if you want to go bigger, that’s an option.

Thanks,
    Barrett

ikarus[QUOTED] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top