1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tacoma ECU Tuning for 4.0L

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by OVTune, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Jan 1, 2018 at 10:33 AM
    EdinCincinnati

EdinCincinnati Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2014 4x4 TRD OR
    Hey @OVTune Happy NewYear!!

Can you give us a progress update on software writing in Italy and when our tuner handhelds will be functional?

2. Jan 1, 2018 at 2:32 PM
    MadRiverTaco

MadRiverTaco Join TW, they said. It's free, they said.

Member:
    First Name:
    Brenden
    Waterbury, VT
    Vehicle:
    2012 Black DCSB TRD OR "Caroline"
    King 2.5 Ext. w/ Compression Adjusters (Front & Rear), Dakars w/ D29XL, TC UCA's & LCA's, ARE CX, 17" SEMA Pro's, 265/70/17 Falken Wildpeaks, BORA spacers, Rigid Side shooter ditch lights, ATHF bedside reinforcements, OME carrier bearing drop bracket, extended rear brake lines, Northstar 27F battery, Yakima Jetsream crossbars, OEM roof rack, OEM skid plate, TRD Pro grill, URD TCAI, 5.7L Throttle Body, BensonX bedside tool mounts, fire extinguisher bedside mount, AMP research bed step, Redline Tuning hood struts, ECGS needle bearing mod, CV Boot slide mod, Differential breather mod, U-Bolt Flip Kit w/ Timbren Bumpstops, A-pillar RAM mount w/ cell phone holder, ProFX tow mirrors with turn signals and heat, "Raptor" lights, DEPO taillights, motorized Pop n' Lock
    Sub’d for the 4.0L N/A release.

3. Jan 2, 2018 at 5:57 PM
    OVTune

OVTune [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    OVTune
    Haven't forgot about you guys, everyone on the other side of the world should be all back in office this week

4. Jan 4, 2018 at 4:27 PM
    dbs1

dbs1 2015 Dbl cab TRD Pro 4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle:
    2015 Dbl Cab TRD Pro 4x4
    SC w/urd pulley, afe cai, URD LT's, TRD cat back. 375hp. Custom logos, tonneau cover, westin bar with piaa lights, aero force gauges, custom front air dam, Westin step bars.
    Well to be fully truthful...I'm beginning to feel like we've been forgotten about. It's been quite awhile now...

5. Jan 4, 2018 at 4:29 PM
    stickyTaco

stickyTaco Fuck Cancer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Reno/Tahoe
    Vehicle:
    '12 DCSB TRD-OR
    Fox/Dakar with Relentless goodies and stuff
    Maybe you should ask for a refund and get a tune somewhere else? I'm sure someone else who missed out on the purchase would be happy to take your spot.

Atlas86, nudavinci64, Norton and 6 others like this.
  6. Jan 4, 2018 at 4:49 PM
    taco2010trd

taco2010trd Cyber Bully

Member:
    Tampa, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2010 Silver TRD OR DCSB
    It's been time for you to move on for quite a while don't you think?

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  7. Jan 4, 2018 at 5:00 PM
    MadRiverTaco

MadRiverTaco Join TW, they said. It's free, they said.

Member:
    First Name:
    Brenden
    Waterbury, VT
    Vehicle:
    2012 Black DCSB TRD OR "Caroline"
    King 2.5 Ext. w/ Compression Adjusters (Front & Rear), Dakars w/ D29XL, TC UCA's & LCA's, ARE CX, 17" SEMA Pro's, 265/70/17 Falken Wildpeaks, BORA spacers, Rigid Side shooter ditch lights, ATHF bedside reinforcements, OME carrier bearing drop bracket, extended rear brake lines, Northstar 27F battery, Yakima Jetsream crossbars, OEM roof rack, OEM skid plate, TRD Pro grill, URD TCAI, 5.7L Throttle Body, BensonX bedside tool mounts, fire extinguisher bedside mount, AMP research bed step, Redline Tuning hood struts, ECGS needle bearing mod, CV Boot slide mod, Differential breather mod, U-Bolt Flip Kit w/ Timbren Bumpstops, A-pillar RAM mount w/ cell phone holder, ProFX tow mirrors with turn signals and heat, "Raptor" lights, DEPO taillights, motorized Pop n' Lock
    I would take that spot in a heartbeat!

8. Jan 4, 2018 at 5:26 PM
    dbs1

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle:
    2015 Dbl Cab TRD Pro 4x4
    SC w/urd pulley, afe cai, URD LT's, TRD cat back. 375hp. Custom logos, tonneau cover, westin bar with piaa lights, aero force gauges, custom front air dam, Westin step bars.
    I'm not sure I get the bs you guys are spewing. What's it been, like over a month and I'm not happy that a product I purchased is still not viable and that's a problem? At what point is the delay ok? I mean, if it gets to 2 months, then is it a problem, or longer???

I can't think of many products one buys for $500 and then a month later it still is not working and we are supposed to be ok with that. If you're okay with it that's fine, I'm not busting your hump, so get off mine!

9. Jan 4, 2018 at 5:39 PM
    Sub_Par

Sub_Par Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Buffalo NY
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Off Road
    I’ll admit that the communication about the delays should have been better. But you bought the first version of a brand new product. You have to wait for these things, especially if you want it done correctly. @OVTune cluld have easily released a product by now that could have been shit or possibly done harm to your engine. Instead they seem to be perfecting everything to make sure you get what you paid for. Be patient and let them do what they need to. Otherwise you’ll have a very expensive truck that doesn’t move under its own power.

DanoDavis likes this.
  10. Jan 4, 2018 at 5:43 PM
    Voodoo Rufus

Voodoo Rufus Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Bakersfield, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 Sport Indigo Ink DCSB 4WD
    Magnuson S/C, Relentless armor, Icon/Dakar suspension, Konig CountersteerX 17", KO2's, Hellwig rear swaybar, BudBuilt Trac Bar, Level 10 VBU, Weathertech floorliners, Cravenspeed antenna, Redline elite hood struts, RollnLock, Satoshi, CBI sliders
    My truck is driveable, and I'm more than happy to wait patiently for a quality product. A one man tuning shop with new hardware should not be expected to work miracles over the holidays, especially when waiting on a subcontractor to hack ECUs.

DanoDavis likes this.
  11. Jan 4, 2018 at 5:50 PM
    dbs1

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle:
    2015 Dbl Cab TRD Pro 4x4
    Oh I'm not arguing that, but how many other products does one buy at this amount and darn near 2 months later after several hints it would be ready weeks ago it still is not? I can't think of any I've had this experience with and I've been hot rodding various vehicles for 20 years.

I'm not going bat crazy, but geez, I'm at 56 days since purchase and still no ability to use the product. And if I'm not happy it's taken so long I don't care if every other purchaser is ok with it, I'm just not.

I'm hoping it's figured out in the next couple of weeks for sure, but what if it's Feb? Or then March? At what point is one justified to be a little unhappy with the delay? Just don't jump my crap because I'm unhappy with the delay. I wasn't aware this was a programming version of the Obamacare rollout...

12. Jan 4, 2018 at 5:58 PM
    taco2010trd

taco2010trd Cyber Bully

Member:
    Tampa, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2010 Silver TRD OR DCSB
    To my eyes you appear to be an Army of one.

Taco Suave and DanoDavis like this.
  13. Jan 4, 2018 at 6:12 PM
    Sub_Par

Sub_Par Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Buffalo NY
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Off Road
    But you starting bitching a month ago. If your not happy then ask for a refund. It’s too much to ask for if you feel this product is taking too long for you. I agree that it sucks to pay this much and basically have nothing to show for it, so ask for a refund and go on your way. I know you won’t because this is the only product at this price point that can tune your truck, it sucks but you have two options. Suck it up or refund.

14. Jan 4, 2018 at 6:27 PM
    BillDaCat8

BillDaCat8 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    PHX
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 Access Cab M/T
    My shit is all stock.
    The way out is through.

You few that have these widgets are at the bleeding edge of this thing. Of course, I certainly see the frustration of buying with no results. I can’t honestly say that I’d feel much different. We went through the holidays which didn’t help the timeframe at all either.
    Mat tuned a factory ecu (murph’s) on the dyno. No piggyback. He fucking tuned a factory computer. Getting the widget to do that remotely is another challenge. But, certainly not impossible. It’s gonna happen guys. It needs time.

If you’d found this product a year from now and bought it, then didn’t have results, I’d say there’s a problem.

15. Jan 4, 2018 at 9:18 PM
    DanoDavis

DanoDavis Alright meow

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Allen Tx
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab 4x4 6-Speed V6
    1 1/2" lift with 5100's, custom exhaust, LT Headers, URD CAI, URD MAF Calibrator, Electric fan, Camper shell, retrofit projectors, and other goodies..
    1BA39B82-B550-4318-9F91-A32A8C21BA20_zps_cfc46a157a70c00a9c46d71132fa41f932dd1c72.jpg

I get it, but we knew what we were getting into.

This is R&D for a product that hasn’t been released yet, he was very clear about that in the beginning. How many times before have you pre-ordered something like this? Was your wait time less?

I fully expected upwards of 6 months. This stuff takes time.

OVtune’s shop is down the street from my buddy’s shop (who tunes/builds Tundras) and he works with him too. He’s a busy guy, and he hasn’t forgotten about us.

16. Jan 4, 2018 at 10:14 PM
    dbs1

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle:
    2015 Dbl Cab TRD Pro 4x4
    If I started bitching a month ago, that was a month after I bought it. I must have missed the part where we were told it would be at least 2 months or longer before they'd actually be able to tune something.
    If that was part of the sales pitch, then I honestly missed it. Reference?

As far as be patient or ask for a refund...how about just get the product up and running already, or is that not an option here?

Many of you are acting as if this is a normal occurrence with new products, and I'm sorry, but I have to disagree. I do believe there was an announcement that it would be ready on Dec 21st. It's not like we weren't given time frames that have come and gone.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  17. Jan 5, 2018 at 7:47 AM
    DanoDavis

DanoDavis Alright meow

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Allen Tx
    Vehicle:
    1 1/2" lift with 5100's, custom exhaust, LT Headers, URD CAI, URD MAF Calibrator, Electric fan, Camper shell, retrofit projectors, and other goodies..
    This isn’t like you bought a refrigerator, a vacuum, or something already in production. If that was the case, then absolutely your points stand 100%.

This was a pre-order for a product that has not been released yet.
    That’s the major difference.
    I am bummed as well that that he was hinting that he’d have them ready by the 21st-ish, but shit happens.

I’m pretty sure you’re alone at this point, as far as your points that you’ve been bringing up. I do feel that he could be a little more involved with us in here, but I know he’s got a lot on his plate. If development and the coinciding communication about lacks majorly from this point forward from OVtune, then we can revisit this.

The holiday break definitely amplifies the feeling of being left in the dark, that’s for sure.

18. Jan 5, 2018 at 8:45 AM
    Murphinator

Murphinator Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    14 DCSB 4x4
    I know everyone is still waiting for their tune but I was thinking about posting my review of the tune so far after about 900 miles. Not trying to tease anyone but I figure it will let you guys get an idea of what to expect

Tn Jeff, Norton, stickyTaco and 6 others like this.
  19. Jan 5, 2018 at 8:50 AM
    DanoDavis

DanoDavis Alright meow

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Allen Tx
    Vehicle:
    That would be wonderful.
    Any MPG differences, power differences, etc..

Murphinator[QUOTED] likes this.
  20. Jan 5, 2018 at 8:51 AM
    taco2010trd

taco2010trd Cyber Bully

Member:
    Tampa, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2010 Silver TRD OR DCSB
    Yes please do

Murphinator[QUOTED] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top