1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tacoma front seat question

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Crusader, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Apr 20, 2010 at 5:48 AM
    Crusader

Crusader [OP] New Member

Member:
    I am new to this forum and am currently shopping for a tacoma. I have read that that toyota made the seats larger for 2007 over the previous models. Does anyone have first hand expierence between the comfort difference of the two models? I can't see the difference in the pictures at all that I run across on the internet. I have found two trucks that I am really interested in, one is an 06 and the other 07. Both are TRD double cabs. I am concerned about uncomfortable seats because my last 5 trucks have been extended or crew cab 3/4 ton or one ton diesels, so I am use to space and comfort. thanks for the help

2. Apr 20, 2010 at 6:01 AM
    hendooman

hendooman The Stroker Ace

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    KC
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma OR (SOLD); 2015 TRD PRO 4Runner
    Toytec TRD PRO LIFT with 1.5 SAW in rear, 255 Coopers, Baja Rack, Southern Style Front Bumper, Warn Wireless Winch, DeMello Sliders.
    I am not sure about the difference in the years, but can comment on coming from a full size. I have an 09 TRD OR, seats are comfortable, but it is not a full size truck, so there is some sacrifice. I recently upgraded to Wet Okoles seat covers and they give some good extra padding. I am also 6'6'' tall, the seat has one notch left to go back, and is comfortable to drive. Again it is no fullsize truck, space is limited inside compared to what you are used to.

3. Apr 20, 2010 at 6:24 AM
    MachoTaco10

MachoTaco10 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport
    ya coming from my my dodge ram, room is much tighter. Seats themselves are more comfortable than the rams, but the seat height is just too low. feels like you are sitting on the floor. I am a cop and on the way into/out of work I leave my duty belt on and with the side bolstering I barely fit in the seat and I am only 185 pounds haha. In the ram I could fit in the seat no problem. And trust me I am not driving into work in uniform in todays society without my precious tools of the law wrapped around my waist. so i make do

4. Apr 22, 2010 at 6:13 PM
    Captain3

Captain3 Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prerunner SR5
    I just bought a 2010 Tacoma and I would not recommend the seats in a SR5. I own a 4X4 Chevrolet Silverado and the seat difference is tremendous. The Chev backrest is 7" thick verses 5" in the Tacoma. The seat sits 2" closer to the floor then the Chevrolet seat. I have experienced enough back pain that I'm looking to replace the 60 day old seat in the Tacoma. If you decide to buy the Tacoma I'd recommend at a minimum the TRD Sport seat, it has more padding than the SR5 standard seat.

Products Discussed in

To Top