1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tacoma = HiLux? Clutch help

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by AusLuxy, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Jun 5, 2012 at 7:27 PM
    AusLuxy

AusLuxy [OP] New Member

Member:
    Brisbane AUS
    Vehicle:
    09 Hilux
    Hey all I'm from across the ditch in the land of spiders, snakes and everything else that will make you sick or die.

Just wanting some information on the 2.7L 2trfe r155 5 speed combo in a 2wd model Im in need of a clutch soon it has a real bad shudder from the pedal when depressed and let out.

Is the engine box combo the same in the Tacoma and our Australian HiLux? Parts are half the price over there :D and there isn't much info I can find in over here.

Cheers for any help

2. Jun 6, 2012 at 6:58 AM
    knucklehead

knucklehead Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Ottawa
    Vehicle:
    SR5 4x4
    Hitch, nav header
    The 2TR-FE+R155 are shipped over here from the same factory as yours came from. Should be identical.

If you are buying parts from America, make absolutely sure you dont buy a LUK clutch -- they're worthless pieces of shit.

As of this moment, the latest heavy duty clutch and pressure plates are part numbers 31210-35291 (plate), and 31250-60500 (disk). If you do a lookup on the pressure plate, you will find it corresponding to prado/hilux 3.4's. This is not a mistake. The fluwheel and throwout bearing should match your local parts lookup.

3. Jun 7, 2012 at 7:36 AM
    jassco

jassco Well-Known Member

Member:
    NH
    Vehicle:
    2023 TRD Offroad
    +1 on this point. I just had a tsb done on my truck with 24k miles due to this crappy LUK clutch replaced with the above parts. It's a 1st gen V6 clutch and pressure plate and should be pretty solid for the 2TR.

Products Discussed in

To Top