1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tacoma Lift FAQ/Guide - READ THIS

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Khaos, Jul 10, 2008.

1. DoorDing

DoorDing Thank you, Nancy Roman

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Off-Road 4WD
    I was referring to the specific size of 275/70-16. I didn't see that size available before, but now I do. :)

2. OZ-T

OZ-T All of those moments....will be lost.....in time

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    I don't

3. DoorDing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Off-Road 4WD
  4. OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
  5. TheUltimateTaco

TheUltimateTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2006 Toyota Tacoma SR5 PreRunner
    bull bar, running boards, window visors, tool box
    How close are you guys to rubbing on a 265?

6. OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    I don't have 265's anymore

7. DoorDing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Off-Road 4WD
    265/75-16 on stock OR wheels, with stock OR suspension = no rubbing under any circumstances.

Iirc, there's a little less than an inch of clearance to my aftermarket mud flap when at full lock, sitting still. Do a search for 275 series and see what others have found, but 265 is the safe bet with OEM wheels and suspension.

8. TheUltimateTaco

TheUltimateTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2006 Toyota Tacoma SR5 PreRunner
    bull bar, running boards, window visors, tool box
    Thanks for the help

9. Ulysiss

Ulysiss Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ulysiss
    La Puente, SGV
    Vehicle:
    2013 Long Bed, PreRunner, TRD Sport
    I have 2013 stock, looking for 265/75/16 tires that look agressive
    But still feel smoth on the road not doing offroading any suggestions
    With pictures

10. YOTA LOVER

YOTA LOVER Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    NH
    Vehicle:
    2011 MGM Tacoma DCLB SR5
    3" OME lift (HD), LR UCAs, All-Pro Sliders, All-Pro APEX Front Bumper w/PIAA 530 Fogs, All-Pro Skidplate, 1" diff drop, vent visors, OCTaco Braided Lines, baby seat (forward-facing)
    Nitto Terra Grapplers. Check my gallery for pics, they're what I'm running now.

11. Sgtfluffy16

Sgtfluffy16 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    PA
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Double Cab TRD Sport
    20% tint, HID headlights/ yellow fog light bulbs and LED lights interior/exterior lights. 4.5 Inch RCD lift, 1 Piece custom driveshaft, AEM intake, Dynomax Exhaust, Amp research Moto-bed extender, Extang Express tonno.
    or you can do general grabber AT2's

12. Burnt C6

Burnt C6 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Houston Texas
    Vehicle:
    Silver & Black 06 PreRunner
    Bilstein 5100 up front new Powder coated Coil Springs and Calipers, With 5160 in back, New 3” Dakar Rear Spring pack, Slotted and Cross Drilled Rotors, SS brake lines,Icon UCA’S . PIAA Driving Lights, Wheels Pro Comp 7031 17”x9 with 295/70 R70 XTreme tires. Katzkin Premium Leather Seats, Doug Thorley long tube headers and Y pipe, Under hood LED light kit,
    Man great info in this thread. Im starting to gather parts for my mods. This really helps a lot. Now all I need to find is a thread that tells me why when I did the Cruse Control mod to my truck it does not work.

13. YOTA LOVER

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    NH
    Vehicle:
    2011 MGM Tacoma DCLB SR5
    3" OME lift (HD), LR UCAs, All-Pro Sliders, All-Pro APEX Front Bumper w/PIAA 530 Fogs, All-Pro Skidplate, 1" diff drop, vent visors, OCTaco Braided Lines, baby seat (forward-facing)
    Did you check to make sure the brick was still on the gas pedal? Sometimes mine slides off.

14. DoorDing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Off-Road 4WD
    Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Derfus

Derfus Active Member

Member:
    I've been reading for days and I am pretty sure it'll work but I wanted to ask just to be sure when money is involved. I've got a 2008 AC sport. I've got a new set of 5100's in my garage but I'd like to make the truck as functional as possible as far as suspension travel goes, or at least keep all of my stock travel. So, will I gain anything with a set of OME 884's with the 5100's? I've read several times its fine to run this set up with the shocks set at 0. One of my worries is needing UCA's and I don't want that if I can stay stock on those. I'd like to run 265/70/17 or 265/75/17 if I can do it. I know I can run those sizes stock I'm just worried about getting my alignment in spec.

Also I pull a camper on occasion so ill need to keep a little rake in the rear. My truck has the stock 3 leaf pack on it. 1.5 AAL?

Will I need a front diff drop for the cv angles with this set up I'm talking about? Longer brake lines? All my lift/bigger tire knowledge is late 70's ford trucks so this is a whole new world. Any help or advice with be appreciated.

Thanks y'all.

16. YOTA LOVER

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    NH
    Vehicle:
    2011 MGM Tacoma DCLB SR5
    You don't need rake brother, you need rear springs that don't suck. Install Dakars and longer billies in the rear, and 884s in the front with the 5100s you have.

The Dakars are designed for overlanding, they can take the weight and are exceptional springs.

17. Derfus

Derfus Active Member

Member:
    I should have posted before I got the new 5100's. They showed up Friday and the rears are the "0-1.5" shocks. I may run a AAL set up for a bit since I cant throw another $400+ at new leaf packs right now. Or I may wait till I get all the parts to do it right and then do the install.

Any input on this set up and UCA's? I want to avoid new UCA's at all costs since from what I've seen they are mighty proud of those things.

Thanks for the reply

18. YOTA LOVER

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    NH
    Vehicle:
    2011 MGM Tacoma DCLB SR5
    There's nothing wrong with running your 5100's set to 0 with the OME springs up front, and a lot of guys are running that setup with great success.

As long as you keep the lift 3" or less you won't need UCAs. Running around 2" of lift will let you install a true 32" tire with minimal to no rubbing.

You can always sell the rear addaleafs and shocks as new in box here on TW, recoup the money, and work on getting your dakars and longer billies for the rear. When you've got everything you can take a day for the install and presto-blamo!

Or you can run the addaleafs and billies you have for now and save up for the upgrade later. Then sell the old stuff on TW.

19. Derfus

Derfus Active Member

Member:
    Thank you sir!! This has been a real learning experience to say the least. Lifting my old solid axle fords was cheap and easy. Little more to these trucks ha ha.

Thanks again.

20. DoorDing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Off-Road 4WD
    If you end up wanting UCAs, Headstrong Offroad sells Light Racing UCAs for $375, delivered.

To Top