1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tacoma Lift FAQ/Guide - READ THIS

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Khaos, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Jun 24, 2013 at 3:54 PM
    aw10tacoma

aw10tacoma backyard mechanic

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Bergen County, Nj
    Vehicle:
    2011 AC OME3inch lift
    -HomerTaco Grille -Aftermarket Headlights Halo Projectors -kobolt toolbox/toyota bed extender -rear doors now have pioneer speakers… installed myself -Kenwood DNX690HD -LED speedo gauge swap and faceplate along with painted needles -TRD spray painted on grille -Strobe lights in reverse lights -All bulbs are now led -XD rims -arb bumper -SLIDERS -OME 3inch suspension lift nitrocharger sport shocks dakar leafs -light racing ucas -toughtlight 22''dual led bar behind my homertaco grille -wet okale seat covers -2 led off roading lights mounted to the bullbar -trailer lights connection moved into bumper -tints -trd cold air intake -trd catback exhuast -total chaos lca skids -ATO IFS Skidplate -DT Shorties
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tacoma-OME-...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
    this is what i purchased off ebay
    OME Rear leaf springs
    UB-75 U-Bolts with hardware
    U Bolt Length: 7.5 Inch
    Front Top Plate Spacer (One - 1/4")
    OME Trim Packer
    UB-75(1) 9/16" x 18TP x 2.5" X 7.5" U-bolt
    this is what i got off toyotec

2. Jun 24, 2013 at 3:59 PM
    bjboucher

bjboucher Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Former 2012 DCLB 4x4 SR5 Texas Edition
    OME complete kit w/ 885s on Nitrocharger Sports, 1/4" spacers, Dakars w/ Nitrocharger Sports, LR UCAs, 265/70-17, Duratracs, G4 Elite tonneau, Weathertech Window Deflectors, Weathertech digital floor liners, factory JBL/Entune, rear differential breather relocate.
    He doesn't specify which shock that is but it is an OME shock. So I would get these for the rear:
    http://toyteclifts.3dcartstores.com/OME-N182-Rear-Shocks-05-UP-Tacoma_p_228.html

3. Jun 24, 2013 at 4:05 PM
    aw10tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Bergen County, Nj
    Vehicle:
    2011 AC OME3inch lift
    -HomerTaco Grille -Aftermarket Headlights Halo Projectors -kobolt toolbox/toyota bed extender -rear doors now have pioneer speakers… installed myself -Kenwood DNX690HD -LED speedo gauge swap and faceplate along with painted needles -TRD spray painted on grille -Strobe lights in reverse lights -All bulbs are now led -XD rims -arb bumper -SLIDERS -OME 3inch suspension lift nitrocharger sport shocks dakar leafs -light racing ucas -toughtlight 22''dual led bar behind my homertaco grille -wet okale seat covers -2 led off roading lights mounted to the bullbar -trailer lights connection moved into bumper -tints -trd cold air intake -trd catback exhuast -total chaos lca skids -ATO IFS Skidplate -DT Shorties
    on the ones in the pic if you zoom in you can see nitro charger inside the coil on the left one... idk if what helps... new to this stuff and saw a lot of ppl saying good things about the one lifts etc...

4. Jun 24, 2013 at 4:26 PM
    bjboucher

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    OME complete kit w/ 885s on Nitrocharger Sports, 1/4" spacers, Dakars w/ Nitrocharger Sports, LR UCAs, 265/70-17, Duratracs, G4 Elite tonneau, Weathertech Window Deflectors, Weathertech digital floor liners, factory JBL/Entune, rear differential breather relocate.
    Yah, but there is nitrocharger and there is nitrocharger sports. If you can still contact the seller, you might want to ask him which one it is so you can get the matching ones for the rear.

5. Jun 24, 2013 at 4:30 PM
    bjboucher

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Some info on the 2 different ones from Wheerler's:

http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/05upometaco.htm

OME 60091 NitroCharger Sport Rear Shock Set: 200.00/pr [​IMG] OME's new NitroCharger Sport Rear Shock Set, valved for a more responsive and sport oriented ride. 13.85"x23.93".
    OME N182 NitroCharger Rear Shock Set: 186.00/pr [​IMG] OME's original NitroCharger series rear shock set. 13.85"x23.93".

6. Jun 24, 2013 at 4:33 PM
    aw10tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Bergen County, Nj
    Vehicle:
    2011 AC OME3inch lift
    ok thanks for the info

7. Jun 24, 2013 at 4:50 PM
    aw10tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Bergen County, Nj
    Vehicle:
    2011 AC OME3inch lift
    just got in contact with the seller and they are the sports... thanks for mentioning that didnt think to ask

8. Jun 24, 2013 at 5:08 PM
    bjboucher

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
  9. Jun 24, 2013 at 6:18 PM
    aw10tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Bergen County, Nj
    Vehicle:
    2011 AC OME3inch lift
  10. Jun 26, 2013 at 2:58 PM
    Ninjayota

Ninjayota Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Texas
    Vehicle:
    2012 regular cab base 4x4
    Mb 352 wheels, 265/75/16 duratracs
    I'm sure this has been answered somewhere but I'm having no luck finding it.

I have a slight vibration from a stop and still have the rear leafs that are 2 leafs and 1 overload. I'm guessing these are the non tsb leafs. I'm looking to add 1.5" to the rear so I figured I'd get a set of aal's to put on it. From what I'm seeing these will work with the non tsb leaf packs as well, but will they help with the axle wrap? I've seen posts mentioning they will but I don't want to put them in and have to do something else to fix it. I'd like to kill 2 birds with 1 stone if possible.

I'm also seeing leaf packs that give 1.5" of lift but they are set up for uses that my truck will never see. Is there a leaf pack that gives the amount of lift I want that will basically be something like stock?

11. Jun 26, 2013 at 3:45 PM
    BioWheelin

BioWheelin Well-Known Member

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    03 DC 4x4
    K&N air filter Wheelskin wrap
    Great thread! I have all my lifting needs now.

12. Jun 26, 2013 at 4:00 PM
    YOTA LOVER

YOTA LOVER Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    NH
    Vehicle:
    2011 MGM Tacoma DCLB SR5
    3" OME lift (HD), LR UCAs, All-Pro Sliders, All-Pro APEX Front Bumper w/PIAA 530 Fogs, All-Pro Skidplate, 1" diff drop, vent visors, OCTaco Braided Lines, baby seat (forward-facing)
    Read up on the WheelersOffroad HD spring pack. Could be just what you need. Or you could get the Dakars and spacers up front (if you are really on a budget). Or there's a thread on here where you rebuild the stock leaf pack with some donor Chevy springs from a boneyard. Lots of options. I say lift the truck, full OME :D

13. Jun 26, 2013 at 4:30 PM
    Ninjayota

Ninjayota Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Texas
    Vehicle:
    2012 regular cab base 4x4
    Mb 352 wheels, 265/75/16 duratracs
    I just got off the phone with the local dealer and they're ordering the parts to fix the vibes under the tsb. The only problem is that it didn't say what the fix was for the leafs. He said it would replace the steering damper, rear engine bushing(did he actually mean the carrier bearing bushing?), and fixes the leafs, but it didn't say exactly what it did. Hopefully I'll get the whole new leaf pack and not some other type of fix.

I'd love to go a full 3" front and rear but I don't want to have to replace a bunch of other stuff just for that amount of lift. I plan to set the 5100's at 1.75 in the front and get the 1.5" aal for the rear with rear 5100's. With this setup there isn't anything else that needs replaced is there?

14. Jun 26, 2013 at 4:57 PM
    bjboucher

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    I had the driveline vibration TSB done on mine, didn't help at all. What they replace is actually a transmission mount, new leaf packs (could be 3 or 4 leaf...there are TSB versions of both) and the steering dampener. Like I said though....didn't help me at all and my service adviser told me it wouldn't. My 3" OME lift seems to have cured all my issues though!

15. Jun 26, 2013 at 6:04 PM
    YOTA LOVER

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    NH
    Vehicle:
    2011 MGM Tacoma DCLB SR5
    3" OME lift (HD), LR UCAs, All-Pro Sliders, All-Pro APEX Front Bumper w/PIAA 530 Fogs, All-Pro Skidplate, 1" diff drop, vent visors, OCTaco Braided Lines, baby seat (forward-facing)
    I said full OME for a reason. Do the research, all the answers are here in TW. You won't have to replace anything, and you'll replace those junk rear leafs.

16. Jun 28, 2013 at 6:19 PM
    Newlife

Newlife Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Knoxville TN
    Vehicle:
    Underdog
    Pioneer avh x3500 bhs, Alpine amp and subs, avs window visors, 3" omelift with bastard pack, full synthetic fluid swap, 15% tint all over, debadged all the way around.,two cree led pods near windshield, Katzkins grey and barracuda red leather interior all around. BFG at ka 33's. American out law buckshot 16x9. Bruteforce Fab rear bumper. SOS concepts front bumper. Engo 10000s winch And a bunch of other money tied up in it,
    OK so I am new here and I have read quiet a few pages on this. I am not planning on doing off roading as I am just a 2wd. But I do want to level out the front of the the truck especially to go with the new tires I put on. I put a 265/75/16 hankook dynapro atm because I got them for a steal. (500.00 M &b and lifetime rotation otd) I have read where people hated or loved the spacers on top of the strut assembly. And I have seen where a lot of people used the 5100's. The spacers are the cheaper alternative. And require less hassle. But would the 5100's with stock everything else level the front? Later on in life I may lift but right now just want it to be even.

17. Jun 28, 2013 at 8:50 PM
    YOTA LOVER

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    NH
    Vehicle:
    2011 MGM Tacoma DCLB SR5
    I'm not at all a fan of spacers, but given your situation it'll get the job done and you can save up for a more substantive lift later on.

Don't discount the 2WD ability to off road if you have a rear locker. Dog will hunt.

18. Jun 28, 2013 at 9:09 PM
    Newlife

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Knoxville TN
    Vehicle:
    Underdog
    Pioneer avh x3500 bhs, Alpine amp and subs, avs window visors, 3" omelift with bastard pack, full synthetic fluid swap, 15% tint all over, debadged all the way around.,two cree led pods near windshield, Katzkins grey and barracuda red leather interior all around. BFG at ka 33's. American out law buckshot 16x9. Bruteforce Fab rear bumper. SOS concepts front bumper. Engo 10000s winch And a bunch of other money tied up in it,
    Will the spacers damage anything say if I run them for a little while until say December or January?

and for the front only would I need the 2" or 3" spacers?

19. Jun 29, 2013 at 5:30 AM
    YOTA LOVER

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    NH
    Vehicle:
    2011 MGM Tacoma DCLB SR5
    Spacers won't cause any damage so long as you don't thrash the truck (aggressive off roading, speeds bumps at 50mph, etc).

Because of the geometry a 1/2" spacer will net 3/4 to 1" of lift.

20. Jun 30, 2013 at 6:44 PM
    Newlife

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Knoxville TN
    Vehicle:
    Underdog
    So.... on a stock 2010 double cab pre runner. I would need 2" or 3" spacers

To Top