1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tacoma Lift Question

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by jimmliveson1616, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Jul 2, 2009 at 12:22 PM
    jimmliveson1616

jimmliveson1616 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hi guys first new thread here hope you guys can help me out... Sorry no pictures of my ploblem but I think I can explain it pretty well...
    I have a 95.5 Toyota tacoma 2.7 4x4 5spd and I have a 2.5 inch coil spacer lift on it currently, 2 says ago I added bilstien 5100 ajustable shocks to it and now am sitting somewhere around 3.5 inches of lift in the front. I Intalled a front drop kit bracket to make my cv angles better and I dont have any bad vibrations or anything my problem is that my ball joint mount ( My A ARM???) where the BJ actually sits is hitting my coil Ive tried turning the coil so it will not hit but it hits in almost every posision.... I am aware that most people do not reccomend the settup that I currently have but im stubborn on running it.... I was wondering if there is a ball joint spacer out there for the Tacoma series (i know there is one for the early trucks) of if I should Cut my arm weld in a spacer make a 1/4 inch angle Iron brace for it (for strenght after cutting and welding) and see if it makes my upper control arm sit higher and my ball joint mount sit farther away from my coil.... Any help and Ideas are greatly appreated and Im willing on being the gennie pig for trying out your idea so you can see if its safe.... thanks...

2. Jul 2, 2009 at 1:20 PM
    FoxRacR17

FoxRacR17 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    09 4x4 SR5 DoubleCab Short Bed
    Fox 2.5 C/O's, Fox 2.0 rear shocks, toytec 1.5" AAL, TC UCA's, blue/white dashboard lights, seatbelt chime removed, Synthetic leather armrests, WO seat covers front and back, Goodyear Wranger Duratrac 285/70/17, KMC XD Addict 17x9 rims
    sounds to me like you just need to buy a total chaos UCA

3. Jul 4, 2009 at 12:01 PM
    jimmliveson1616

Member:
    I really dont have the money for total chaos produts If I was spending that kind of cash on my truck it would be for a dana 44 coils and 4 link.... plus there not D.O.T approved so if I were ever involved in a wreck My insurance wouldnt cover it same as they wouldnt cover it if I cut and reweld my A arm unless I make it look really really ligit.... I might just lower it and go with a small body lift insted

4. Jul 4, 2009 at 11:04 PM
    Incognito

Incognito μολὼν λαβέ

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    See Build thread
    Many people on here advise AGAINST a body lift. They're definitely not worth it; go with decent suspension lift if anything. ;)

5. Jul 6, 2009 at 5:27 PM
    jimmliveson1616

Member:
    You might have missread the previous statement I HAVE A SUSPENSION LIFT!!!!! I curently have 3 inches... i was at 4 but dropped it down because my a arm was hitting my coil.... plus the suspension was so stiff I had no articulation... Besides I heard body lifts arent that bad I heard instead of lifting 80% of your mass (not lifting the diff and tires) with a suspension (plus when you do that with a tacoma the suspension gets a lot sitiffer because you are stifining the coil pushing up the truck) I heard that body lifts only raise about 30 percent of your mass..... and do not affect the stock articulation of your suspension... besides Im only looking to do a one inch body lift anyways......
    SO 1 INCH BODY LIFT GOOD OR BAD?

To Top