1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tacoma or PreRunner

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by uuc328, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Oct 1, 2008 at 6:20 PM
    uuc328

uuc328 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    So. Arlington, Texas
    Vehicle:
    '07 FJC fender crack edition
    my point is that i came here asking a simple question and while most of you were very helpful in your answers the last few posts went completely off topic. I never said i didnt know what truck i had or that i purchased something without knowing the options. my original question which you clearly are having troubles with was simply about the name of the toyota. i have always considered it a tacoma and when i gave the VIN to my insurance they had difficulty classifying the vehicle as a tacoma. this sparked my interest and i posted a very simple question, after all this is a forum and it's purpose is to spread knowledge and help others, not name call and belittle people clearly asking for assistance.
    as far as i am concerned you guys are the ones that swong first. all i did was reply in the same "tone" that was presented to me. no one is questioning your manhood or your check book. i apologize if you are offended by something i have said,

2. Oct 1, 2008 at 6:40 PM
    TicTacOma

TicTacOma UnderWater Monopoly Champion

Member:
    First Name:
    Anastatia Beaverhausen
    Columbia,SC
    Vehicle:
    I'm Thinking...Oh Yeah...An FJ
    It's all in my head at the moment...
    It's not you UCC, it's the uncontrolled, unaccountable mouth music that goes on in here. I too have exactly what you have, SR5 badge, TRD Sport stickers, Prerunner badge. It's a great truck and it works for me. That's it.

You should see the crap some poor Tacoma owner got because they expressed their own self buy putting a wing and a roll bar on their truck. If it's not ok with the "in-crowd", you'll never win. As soon as you said something equally negative back, you got more of an ass full. You can nick them but the will never admit they bleed.

And being from the Northeast, I do not stand in the same line as the person who said "We never heard of a PreRunner up here". I guess all that Baja racing and Ivan Stewart stuff must of been on another channel. I started looking at "PreRunners" for a while before I bought mine. I was "in" Massachusetts at the time. He must of just wanted to fit in with the cool kids.

Just get the insurance company to understand. I went through it and let them know that it is what it is. They will get it eventually. Mine did.

Have fun and skim over the sandbox stuff.

3. Oct 1, 2008 at 6:48 PM
    WilsonTheDog

WilsonTheDog Kylie's dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 DC/SB V6
    Magnaflow 12576 muffler & chrome tip, Westin step bars, 27% tint, Pop N Lock, AFE ProdryS, bed mat, Husky liners, D-rings added, Access Literider tonneau, Pioneer 4-ways all around, GY Wrangler Duratracs 265/75/16, 5100's @ 1.75", 1.5" AAL
    ^Too many tears tonight. Maybe you should both be driving a Prius instead of a truck if your feelings are hurt so easily by a group of folks joking around. Quit being so homotional and have fun.

4. Oct 1, 2008 at 7:31 PM
    tacoskim

tacoskim Tuned By Gadget

Member:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD 4x4 Pyrite Mica
    Stock
    i think the reason ur insurance company ask if it was a prerunner or a 4x4 because insurance is more when the truck is a 4x4

5. Oct 1, 2008 at 8:15 PM
    WilsonTheDog

WilsonTheDog Kylie's dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 DC/SB V6
    Magnaflow 12576 muffler & chrome tip, Westin step bars, 27% tint, Pop N Lock, AFE ProdryS, bed mat, Husky liners, D-rings added, Access Literider tonneau, Pioneer 4-ways all around, GY Wrangler Duratracs 265/75/16, 5100's @ 1.75", 1.5" AAL
    ^True. That will certainly make a difference, at least in my experience.

6. Oct 1, 2008 at 9:16 PM
    sawdust

sawdust Unapologetic Texan

Member:
    Frisco, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad Radiant Red V6 Auto DC
    Homelink mirror, tailgate lock, 2ndary air filter removal, Access LE tonneau, Bugflector II, hitch-based bed extender, vent visors, suspension TSB, stall mat
    FWIW, on my insurance card my truck is listed as a Toyota Prerunner. The point is that's what it's called in the insurance's computers. Whether it matches exactly what you and/or Toyota calls it doesn't really matter.

7. Oct 2, 2008 at 2:50 AM
    FoxySandChick

FoxySandChick Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kristin
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 Base model V6 Impulse Red Pearl
    De-badged, limo tint, black wet okole's, weathertechs, extra d-rings, TSB bilsteins
    My Base model 4x4 non TRD has the same stance as a Prerunner.

My insurance (Geico) has mine listed as a SR5 and it is not an SR5, which costs more, so I asked them about it thinking I might be getting charged for a more expensive truck, they said their system does not have an option for no SR5 and said all Tacomas show as SR5. I have the 4x4 so Prerunner was not an issue. Just to make sure I got quotes from other companies and they were all close in price :rolleyes: too many packages/options on the Tacoma for the insurance companies to understand. The sales guy at 1 of the dealerships I went to didn't know that all Prerunners are 2x4 and he is trying to sell me a truck, I asked for the manager :D.

Products Discussed in

To Top