1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tacoma quality

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by lj973gm, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Nov 27, 2011 at 11:03 PM
    Joe D

Joe D .

Member:
    Can you be more specific regarding the problems?

I've owned serveral Tacomas in my life and Toyota trucks when there was no Tacoma. This is my first 2nd generation truck. I've always been very happy with them and have not once had a problem with any of them. HOWEVER, shortly after getting this truck on 11/7/11, I picked up a Consumer Report and read that the most recent data inticate that the Tacoma is below average in reliability. Unlike some people, I have zero brand loyaty so while I really like my truck, if it becomes a problem then I will be getting rid of it for something else. I bought the truck without research based on my past experience and what I thought was a great reputation for Toyota. I hope CU is wrong....

2. Nov 28, 2011 at 7:49 AM
    JustATaco

JustATaco Active Member

Member:
    leftcoast (Florida)
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner SR5 Debagged
    My 06 DC has high 80's mileage and needs new tires but, she rides like a dream. My B4000 extended cab I had was dead by 90,000 and it drove like shit. My buddy has a 10 F150 and wants to set it on fire and buy a Tacoma. I only have a couple of complaints about my truck. First is I found this forum and its going to end of costing me a ton of money lol :). Second is I wish I bought it with 4wheel drive. Oh well that will be my next one.

3. Nov 28, 2011 at 8:45 AM
    saugus

saugus Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Bought mine for the long term reliability and nothing else. Had a 22re and now a 2trfe. If I wanted power I would own a dodge.

Products Discussed in

To Top