1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tacoma recall info (pedal and TPMS)

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by TheRiddleOfSteel, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Mar 10, 2011 at 8:45 AM
    TheRiddleOfSteel

TheRiddleOfSteel [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phx
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD sport
    I had the pedal fixed but didnt know about the TPMS, which it looks like toyota will fix for free but they havent notified anyone yet

(sorry, it wouldnt open link to tacoma info so you have to input it)

http://204.238.19.67/recalls/results.cfm

2. Mar 10, 2011 at 8:50 AM
    whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Christian
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Vehicle:
    10 MGM TRD OR 4wd Auto DCSB
    Banks Monster Exhaust, Pop n Lock tailgate lock, Hook-Ups tie down brackets, USA Spec Ipod adaptor, WO seat covers, color matched grill with Grillcraft insert, Tuffy locking bed box
    Repost X93837464. It is a dealer issue not a Toyota defect.

3. Mar 10, 2011 at 8:58 AM
    TheRiddleOfSteel

Member:
    Phx
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD sport
    (now I dont know if I even really believe that there was an accelerator issue)

but how would it be a dealer issue and not a toyota issue if toyota is saying they designed the pedal wrong and they are now correcting it?

vehicle design would seem to = toyota

4. Mar 10, 2011 at 9:04 AM
    uberyaz13

uberyaz13 Tacoma *****

Member:
    Arlington, VA
    Vehicle:
    2008 PreRunner SR5 Access Cab
    20% Tint, Pioneer AVH-P3100DVD, K&N Air Filter
    The TPMS just came out a few days ago. You're really on the ball.

5. Mar 10, 2011 at 9:08 AM
    TheRiddleOfSteel

Member:
    Phx
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD sport

you're right....I should probably win something...

6. Mar 10, 2011 at 9:41 AM
    BRYLONATOR

BRYLONATOR Bought Tacoma & signed up here as fast as I could!

Member:
    First Name:
    El Conquistador
    Denver, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Sold Taco...bought pyrite mica tundra 2x cab
    Wow...many!
    I really have a problem with the pedal issue. We bought my wife a 2010 RAV4 sport and it was not included in the recall. Reason being was because it was built in Japan. They apparently use different parts there. Only North American cars were affected. Here is my problem......if this whole scenario was legit, why didn't they just ship the parts over from Japan to correct the problem instead of going nuts trying to re-design it? This has been an on going issue and they simply could have brought the parts over and fixed the problem in a week. Compare it to what just happened a couple of weeks ago here in the states. The company that makes the headliners for most of the big three burned to the ground. Almost all of the big 3 factories came to a screeching halt! The new Chevy cruze is actually a Kia or Hyundai and within 4 days, the dye presses needed to make the headliners for that car were loaded on a ship and is already up and running here in the states. The car plant was down for only a total of 4 days! you may not realize this but that is HUGE!!!!

7. Mar 10, 2011 at 11:11 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    I already fixed my TPMS issue by not purchasing it. Base model victory #69 :D

8. Mar 10, 2011 at 11:27 AM
    BRYLONATOR

BRYLONATOR Bought Tacoma & signed up here as fast as I could!

Member:
    First Name:
    El Conquistador
    Denver, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Sold Taco...bought pyrite mica tundra 2x cab
    Wow...many!
    My Family and I have all worked/ currently work for GM. I am well aware of this and I hate it that the public gets hosed the way they do. Toyota is not perfect by any means but I have worked on everything from Yugo's to Ferrari's and Toyota is by far the best quality commercially sold vehicle out there. I truly despise bullies and bully business tactics. Toyota definitely does a better job of standing behind their products than any other manufacturer. I can't even tell you how many head gasket jobs they performed on the earlier 3.0 engines. The fact that they bought back all of those taco's with the frame problem and then switched to replacing the frame all together! I had my 3.0 swapped by dealer in old Lexus rx300. Tranny in newer RX350. Good company. Sorry to hijack the thread! I will get off of my soap box now!

9. Mar 11, 2011 at 8:43 AM
    Leggo

Leggo slow is smooth, and smooth is fast.

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Newton,Ma.
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Sport AC 4x4 MGM
    Kenwood HU,Infinity Kappa speakers (x4), Infinity reference tweeters(x2),10" Kicker sub, Box by Subthump, Infinty Five channel amp,DVD anytime bypass, DTRL Mod, Xtang trifecta, Fogs anytime Mod, Bed Mat,Westin running boards, Console vault, Maglite mod, Weathertechs,Autopage remote starter, Power tailgate lock, HID Bi Zenon, Hella Supertones,Rain guards,Rear leaf TSB,Steering shaft TSB, Fisher Homesteader plow, 886 reverse lights mod, Redline Hood struts, Hankook Dynapro ATM LT265/70R17, power sliding rear window, Auto dimming/on anytime Bed lights, Blue Sea fuse panel & 100amp Breaker, de- badged,Rear headrest's removed, imMrYo mirror relocation,Homeroshi grill
    there is a brake pedal recall?

10. Mar 11, 2011 at 9:54 PM
    scottri

scottri Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Tigard Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '10 Sport DC TRD Sport PreRunner
    Cover King Seat Covers, WeatherTech Liners, PopNLock, storage bin locks, N-Fab Step bars, and G4 Elite Tonneau cover.
    At least Toyota does the recall. Most car companies ignore problems regrardless of the bad press they get. I remember the Pinto and the bullshit Ford threw out before they were forced to deal with it.

11. Mar 12, 2011 at 5:18 PM
    Jere

Jere Outdoorsman

Member:
    Northern Chester County, PA
    Vehicle:
    '10 Access SR5 4x4 4cyl
    Looks to me like the TPMS recall is to correct a problem I wish I had, that is that the dash light does not come on. I'd rather assume personal responsibility to check my own tire pressure. Had to do it for the first 40+ years of vehicle ownership, I feel qualified to do it for the next 40 (I hope).

To Top