1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tacoma Residuals

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by acmair, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Jan 29, 2010 at 9:41 PM
    acmair

acmair [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Vehicle:
    '10 BSP PreRunner Dbl Cab Short Bed SR5
    I was searching around but I couldn't find any proper documentation of the residuals of different Tacoma models and packages (preferably 2nd gen) . I've heard its in the top 10 trucks with highest residuals, which is making it difficult to buy a used one.

Thanks in advance,
    Andrew

2. Jan 30, 2010 at 2:17 AM
    JKD

JKD Well-Known Member

Member:
    You could look at one of the three main used vehicle pricing guides--KBB, Edmunds, NADA.

When I did last spring, I found that I couldn't buy a 2-3 year old Tacoma for significantly less than a new one--and when I factored in the higher loan rate for a used vehicle, it was effectively cheaper to buy new.

If I remember right, it was looking like I would have to go to a 5-6 year old truck to get one more affordable (factoring in the loan rate) than a new one.

3. Jan 30, 2010 at 5:44 AM
    Tadcaster

Tadcaster Dogs n Trucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Pete
    Vermont
    Vehicle:
    09 Access Cab TRD Off Road
    I was having a real hard time finding a used Taco for a reasonable price, i.e., significantly less than a new one. I just couldn't see "saving" $2k on a 2 year old truck with 30k miles on it.

By haunting several dealers' Websites I began tracking those that hadn't sold; most of them seemed to be manual trannies which is what I wanted (but I made sure the dealers didn't know that when I showed up at the lot). Took me about two months, but I found a primo 09 AC TRD Off Road with 3400 miles on it. The truck was loaded with all the SR5 options plus the better sound system, but had a 6 speed manual so the dealer couldn't move it. I ended up paying $24,600 for a basically new truck.

But I shudder to think what the original owner got for it in trade! :eek:

To Top