1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tacoma ride quality

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by jasonh, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Feb 9, 2009 at 10:37 AM
    jasonh

jasonh [OP] tossed salad anyone?

Member:
    Dallas, TX.
    Vehicle:
    2007 Pre Runner SR5
    Billy 5100's
    I have to admit i have been that impressed with the ride quality of the tacoma. my wife owns a 4-runner and that thing rides smoother than anything i have ever driven. there seems to be more play in the steering wheel when i go over un even parts on the road. no play in the 4-runner. does any one else have this issue?

2. Feb 9, 2009 at 10:41 AM
    EGtaco

EGtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma
    Do you have the TRD? I believe the suspension on the TRD is a little more stiff than the 4runner and non TRD trucks. I had a 2000 TRD and thought is was REAL stiff but my 2009 trd tacoma seems to be a little smoother but not as much as the 4runners (my dad has one). The SUVs seem to ride more like a car than a truck.

3. Feb 9, 2009 at 10:54 AM
    jasonh

jasonh [OP] tossed salad anyone?

Member:
    Dallas, TX.
    Vehicle:
    2007 Pre Runner SR5
    Billy 5100's
    my truck is not TRD equipt but i did get the tsb done which changed all my shocks to the billys. it does seem really stiff. i dont like it. guess i should trade in for the 4-runner too. that will look funny two 4-runners in my drive way

4. Feb 9, 2009 at 11:36 AM
    Rtrn2taco

Rtrn2taco Nostalgia...

Member:
    Philadelphia
    Vehicle:
    08 DC PreRunner (silver)
    I agree. I had an 06 4runner and damn did it ride nice. There totally different setups and I knew the Tacoma would ride alot stiffer.

5. Feb 12, 2009 at 2:54 PM
    KeithB

KeithB Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Cheshire, CT
    Vehicle:
    SWB '09 Tacoma DCSB Sport 4x4
    Wheels and Tires: 17x8" Ultra Goliath wheels with P285/70R17 Falken Wildpeak AT3/W tires, Suspension: Fox coilovers set at 2", TC UCA's, 1.5" lift 3 leaf pack with overload left in Other: TRD SS exhaust, Pioneer AVIC 4100 H/U with Android Auto (awesomeness), sat radio bluetooth, Accessories: Toyota roof rack, black Toyota running board steps, cargo divider, weathertech floor liners, Literider roll up soft tonneau, thule bars over tonneau, USB ports front and rear, seat heaters, birddawg mirror riser Cosmetic: window tint, grillcraft black mesh upper/lower grill, vinyl armrest in doors, Clazzio black seat covers with blue stitch, Redline steering wheel wrap Lighting: fogs only mod, back up lights, amber interior accent lighting, amber 10" LED light bar in hood scoop, 33" LED bar behind the lower grill, amber lamin-x on fog lights, Tacomabeast headlights and matching tails.
    Tacoma's have rear leaf springs, 4 runners have a linked rear suspension with coils. Totally different.

Products Discussed in

To Top