1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tacoma Service Shop In Austin?!?!

Discussion in 'Texas' started by davegoroun, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Apr 16, 2017 at 6:18 AM
    davegoroun

davegoroun [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    USA
    Vehicle:
    '19 DCLB TRD Offroad
    Dang! My 2008 Tacoma 2.7 Prerunner just runs and runs, so I rarely need to get it looked at, and yesterday, while honking at Californians in traffic yesterday, my steering column dropped into my lap!

Something like this: https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/steering-wheel-fell-off.415419/page-5#post-11799450

Does anyone have a service shop they trust to re-attach this? I can't seem to manage it with my ham fists.

Would the dealer cover this, as it's not supposed to come apart from normal use?

Thanks!

2. Apr 17, 2017 at 7:59 AM
    davegoroun

davegoroun [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    USA
    Vehicle:
    '19 DCLB TRD Offroad
    Just called AutoNation about this, and they are saying they can't find any warranty coverage for this. Ugh.

Any Toyota shops that you folks trust with your trucks?

3. Apr 18, 2017 at 5:51 AM
    pixelsailor

pixelsailor TTC #33

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    San Antonio
    Vehicle:
    Devourer of wallets
    things
  4. Apr 18, 2017 at 6:14 AM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    WTF? How the hell does that even happen? Where you at in the ATX? May be able to help you out depending on your location. Obviously you are unable to drive it correct?

5. May 13, 2017 at 8:35 AM
    tony2018

tony2018 Well-Known Member

Member:
    I kinda laughed but realized the seriousness of the issue, damn....

Products Discussed in

To Top