1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tacoma Shackle Flip Kit for sale

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade - Other' started by TacoJohn12, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Apr 9, 2016 at 4:38 PM
    TacoJohn12

TacoJohn12 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tacoma - JD Fabrication Long Travel Build
    4" LT, LCA Pivot Kit, SUA, Howe Steering Pump, Switch Pros, Baja Designs lights everywhere, Fabricated Inner Fenders, Custom bumpers, bedcage Fox shocks: 2.5x8 COs, 2.5x8 bypasses, 3.0x16 bypasses, 2.0x2 bumps on all corners... & more
    I have a lightly used Toyota Tacoma shackle flip kit for sale. It's made by Armor Tech Off Road. Asking $150. I added the link to their website below.

Armor Tech Offroad is proud to offer this excellent shackle flip kit to increase your suspension travel. Toyota's factory shackle mount is not setup to allow maximum flex at the shackle which limits the drop out flex of the rear axle on your Tacoma. This kit allows you to remove the factory shackle hanger and invert the shackle to allow for maximum flex and axle droop. A shackle flip makes a dramatic difference in the rear suspension travel. An added benefit to a shackle flip is the ability to install a longer shackle to add height to a suspension lift. You will get approximately 3/4" of lift with the factory shackle.
    To mount the kit you will remove the rivets holding the factory bracket and bolt on the new brackets with included grade 8 hardware. Our new universal shackle flip kit allows the flip bracket to be mounted in the stock location, and plus or minus 3/16", 1/2", 11/16", or 1-3/16". The factory shackle is then flipped and bolted to the new hanging bracket using the factory bolt.
    This kit reuses the factory shackle and will provide 3/4" of lift to the rear of your truck. All grade 8 mounting hardware is included. This adjustable/universal kit works with factory springs and most aftermarket springs. Installation will require the installation of long travel shocks or limit straps. See the related links below for kits that are available for other springs.
    Shock travel information:
    You will need longer shocks to utilize the full suspension travel. Remember shocks are NOT limit straps and most shocks will be damaged by maxing their travel. If not installing shocks to utilize the full travel of the spring a limit strap will be required. Shock lengths and limit strap lengths will depend on each truck's particular setup, and desired performance. Stock springs will work with a 16" collapsed length/27" extended shock.

http://www.armortechoffroad.com/2005--2013-Tacoma-Universal-Shackle-Flip-Kit_p_334.html

20160410_202255.jpg

Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
    Mad T likes this.
  2. Apr 10, 2016 at 8:28 PM
    TacoJohn12

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    4" LT, LCA Pivot Kit, SUA, Howe Steering Pump, Switch Pros, Baja Designs lights everywhere, Fabricated Inner Fenders, Custom bumpers, bedcage Fox shocks: 2.5x8 COs, 2.5x8 bypasses, 3.0x16 bypasses, 2.0x2 bumps on all corners... & more
  3. Apr 10, 2016 at 8:30 PM
    hoarder23

hoarder23 Truck fell over

Member:
    First Name:
    Shay
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    15 Pyrite Mica DCSB Sport
    Scratches
    Are you such a sadist that you installed it and then decided to go back to stock?

4. Apr 10, 2016 at 9:05 PM
    TacoJohn12

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    lol no, it was never installed on my truck. My friend had it on his w/ King 2.5 Remote Res. shocks and a deaver J66 pack. I bought a Spring Under kit to go long-travel but then changed my mind. Since my friend was converting his mid-travel to long travel I traded him my Spring Under kit for his shackle flip kit, Deavers, and King shocks.

I'm just selling the shackle flip kit b/c I cannot do the install myself and I don't want to pay up for a shop to do it.

5. Apr 10, 2016 at 9:07 PM
    hoarder23

hoarder23 Truck fell over

Member:
    First Name:
    Shay
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    15 Pyrite Mica DCSB Sport
    Scratches
    Good call, you really don't want to pay a shop to do it. They would call you half way through and tell you its going to cost more then they expected.

6. Apr 10, 2016 at 9:14 PM
    TacoJohn12

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    Plus, I felt like my truck did very well out in the desert on only bilstein 5100s. I even jumped it with just the bilsteins. Got a good 3ft of air and smooth landing all on video. I'm sure I will be more than happy with the new set-up I'm putting in.

7. Apr 18, 2016 at 1:34 PM
    austin21

austin21 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Austin
    Bend, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2014 Super White Tacoma SR
    Cut springs
    So what length shocks are people running with this??

8. Apr 18, 2016 at 4:25 PM
    TacoJohn12

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    So my friend had this on his tacoma with OEM 2.5 Kings and a J66 deaver pack. He jumped his truck a few times and Never had any issues. The kings are now on my truck. The website recommends longer shocks or limit straps. So you can use OEM length shocks in the stock location or something a little longer that OEM length in the stock location. OR you can do shock hoops and go up to 14in shocks, or go with a bed cage and up to 18in shocks.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
  9. Jul 2, 2016 at 5:55 PM
    Hugopreston

Hugopreston Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Hugo
    Tampa, Florida
    Vehicle:
    20 TRDOR MT DCSB
    Is this Still available?

10. Jul 28, 2016 at 6:04 PM
    TacoJohn12

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    sold

Products Discussed in

To Top