1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tacoma shock Mechanic help

Discussion in 'Arizona' started by bafogels, Jul 25, 2013.

1. bafogels

bafogels [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix AZ
    Vehicle:
    06 DCLB SR5 4x4
    Airflow Snorkel, Fabtech lift, Procomp offroad wheels, magnaflow exhaust, side steps, sound system, debadged, plastidip grille and lower valance
    So lately I have noticed that my 06 Tacoma has a slight shake to it when above 50 mph. It's not a really bad shake. I'm thinking it could be the shocks because it dolphins a little so the bumps in the road might be causing the shaking. Doesn't feel as solid as normal driving around bends or again at high speeds. I have no problem with buying new shocks to upgrade but I want to make sure that is the problem before I do. I'm a poor college student and the dealer is asking to much to just look at it the stupid thing :mad:. I was wondering if there is anyone here in az that knows a lot about Tacomas or trucks in general or knows someone that could accurately diagnose this for me at a low cost. It would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  2. OH-MAN

OH-MAN Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Sunny Az.
    Vehicle:
    10 4X4 O.R. White
    TRD skid painted black,
    Usually 60 mph vibrations are from tire balance.
    I would do that first.
    Shocks should not be causing vibration if they are bad, excessive bouncing after hitting small bumps if they are worn out.

3. KenLyns

KenLyns Lord of War

Member:
    Belly of the Beast
    Vehicle:
    4x4 TRD Off Road Full-Auto
    All-Pro Front Bumper, All-Pro UCAs, Icon ET Coilovers, Icon VS Rear Shocks, TSB Leafs, Timbren Bumpstops, CBI Sliders, ViAir Compressor, Klearz LED 3rd Brake Light, Pop-N-Lock Tailgate Handle, Husky Front Flaps, Deeza HD Sway Bar Links
    ^X2. Wheel balance weights can dislodge and fall off, happened to me once. Check on a smooth road. If you still get the vibes, it's tire balance.

To Top