1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tacoma Tailgate Protector (Diamon Plate, in Bay Area, Ca)

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace (2005-2015)' started by TFT, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Mar 29, 2011 at 12:27 PM

TFT [OP] New Member

Mar 29, 2011
    First Name:
    Mountain View, Ca
    Hello everyone,
    Im new to posting but have followed a lot of your threads. The one this pertains to is http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/29117-weak-tailgate-reinforcement-solution.html

I have requested quotes from a few local sheet metal companies here in the bay area (San Jose, Ca), and received an amount..

I would like to get to a minimum purchase quantity of 4.. and the max is undecided..

I would like to not ship any, as that makes everything more difficult (Payment, shipping etc). So I am ONLY currently looking for people willing to come and pick this up in the Mountain View area of California.

The quote says $158 each, but that could change upon how many we purchase.. I plan on making nothing from this, just want to reduce the cost of my protector..
    Also the original drawing from the above link shows the last bend (over the top of tailgate as 2.25", this will be reduced to 1.5". ALSO the holes will not be drilled in the sheet, but this is easy to do.

I know this is my first post, that another reason I want to do this locally.. I dont want anyone ripped off, and dont want to get ripped off...

If anyone needs more info shoot me a message!

Troy T.

Attached Files:

To Top