1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tacoma tool box consideration

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by motoretro, May 7, 2010.

1. May 7, 2010 at 6:53 PM
    motoretro

motoretro [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Michigan
    Vehicle:
    09 Reg, Cab, 2.7 Four Cyl. manual trans
    My Regular Cab 09 Tacoma needs a tool box of some type. I'm a bit unsure of what I want to use so thought I'd list my requirements and see what you guys think or suggest.

1) Need as much space as possible
    2) Needs to be quickly removable to utilize the front notches in box sides for a 2x cross member to haul plywood occasionally
    3) If I go to chest type, it needs to be elevated couple inches off floor to slide 2x's underneath
    4) Preferably aluminum for lite easy removal

I guess if I had to design one it would be a Aluminum chest style which runs from one inside edge of box to other, flush with top edge of bed to still allow a Toneau to cover and have 2-3 inch space under box to slide 2x's under. Throw in a quick release fastener system which attaches box to factory rail system and I'd be pretty happy.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Motoretro

2. May 7, 2010 at 7:09 PM
    Faryota

Faryota Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mic
    Ridgefield, WA.
    Vehicle:
    13, 4x4, long bed, Sport, Debad
    6" BDS lift in front, warn winch, AFE cold air intake & exhaust, Body Armor Rear bumper, Tuffy in bed storage box, DZ bed mat, ARB front bumper & Warn winch w/light kit, Husky floor mats, dash mat,
    Hey what I did on my last truck..after installing a cross bed tool box....made/cut down a saw horse{steel one} to match the height of my tool box, I would set it on the tail gate {two legs on/in the bed }..then I would haul the sheet goods on the top of the tool box and saw horse and could store all my tools below. Worked pretty good!

Products Discussed in

To Top