1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tacoma topper recommendations

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by ajwtacoma, Feb 16, 2011.

1. ajwtacoma

ajwtacoma [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    allen
    tacoma
    Vehicle:
    tacoma, TRD offroad, access cab
    Hey all,

I have a 2010 tacoma access cab and I am now on the market for a topper. My needs have surpassed the OEM bed toolbox (anyone in the market for a toyota toolbox seattle/tacoma area washington, lets make a deal!)

I would love to hear your opinions on toppers, what you like/don't like about yours. Models that you think are best?

I really like are's win-door option. has anyone experiences issues with leaks with this model?

This is the link that got me started on my research: http://www.bajataco.com/Camper1.html ideally looking for at least vented side windows, rails on the top for a rack, and something that looks good with the tacoma styling.

Pictures would be much appreciated along with your opinions!

2. cooleronline

cooleronline Active Member

Member:
    I'm on my third ARE cap, and obviously pleased with the quality. I have the MX series on my Tacoma, and my only complaint is the single "T" door handle. My previous cap - a CX series - had a double T handle, which is more secure. I also had a Z series, which has a completely different type of handle. It is the most secure becuase you can't grab it and pull really hard to open the locked door.

tacoma.jpg

3. tacomakid96

tacomakid96 Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    Out n' about
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma
    Firestone Airbags, leveled, Flowmaster 50 series, Leer canopy, 265/75/16 Goodyear Duratrac's...
    I love my leer signature

4. Taco4x4NC

Taco4x4NC Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Western North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 DC/LB "Pytrite Mica/Katzkin leather
    3m clear bra or Venture, stant locking gas cap, Shield, front windows tinted, weathertechs, ARE "Z" topper. Sockmonkey decal, Billy 5100's x 4 corners, Eibach coils, Toytec 1.5 AAL. Michelin 265/75/16 MS2's, Grillcraft MX series/TOYOTA badging. FJ/SE TRD Anthracite gray wheels. Katzkin leather/heated seats.
    ARE "Z" series is what I finally went with. I like the beefed up hinden hinge/door lock/latching system the Z series comes with. Do a search on this topic and you will find plenty of options.

[​IMG]

To Top