1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tacoma topper recommendations

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by ajwtacoma, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Feb 16, 2011 at 10:33 PM
    ajwtacoma

ajwtacoma [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    allen
    tacoma
    Vehicle:
    tacoma, TRD offroad, access cab
    Hey all,

I have a 2010 tacoma access cab and I am now on the market for a topper. My needs have surpassed the OEM bed toolbox (anyone in the market for a toyota toolbox seattle/tacoma area washington, lets make a deal!)

I would love to hear your opinions on toppers, what you like/don't like about yours. Models that you think are best?

I really like are's win-door option. has anyone experiences issues with leaks with this model?

This is the link that got me started on my research: http://www.bajataco.com/Camper1.html ideally looking for at least vented side windows, rails on the top for a rack, and something that looks good with the tacoma styling.

Pictures would be much appreciated along with your opinions!

2. Feb 19, 2011 at 9:23 AM
    cooleronline

cooleronline Active Member

Member:
    I'm on my third ARE cap, and obviously pleased with the quality. I have the MX series on my Tacoma, and my only complaint is the single "T" door handle. My previous cap - a CX series - had a double T handle, which is more secure. I also had a Z series, which has a completely different type of handle. It is the most secure becuase you can't grab it and pull really hard to open the locked door.

tacoma.jpg

3. Feb 19, 2011 at 9:30 AM
    tacomakid96

tacomakid96 Lions Not Sheep

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    Out n' about
    Vehicle:
    1996 Tacoma / 2000 4.7 Tundra TRD
    I love my leer signature

4. Feb 24, 2011 at 1:09 AM
    Taco4x4NC

Taco4x4NC Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Western North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 DC/LB "Pytrite Mica/Katzkin leather
    3m clear bra or Venture, stant locking gas cap, Shield, front windows tinted, weathertechs, ARE "Z" topper. Sockmonkey decal, Billy 5100's x 4 corners, Eibach coils, Toytec 1.5 AAL. Michelin 265/75/16 MS2's, Grillcraft MX series/TOYOTA badging. FJ/SE TRD Anthracite gray wheels. Katzkin leather/heated seats.
    ARE "Z" series is what I finally went with. I like the beefed up hinden hinge/door lock/latching system the Z series comes with. Do a search on this topic and you will find plenty of options.

[​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top