1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tacoma trd 2016 exhaust system -

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by Nelson69, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Oct 9, 2016 at 9:03 AM
    Nelson69

Nelson69 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Sport 2016
    I'm looking to install a good exhaust system in my Tacoma TRD 2016, I heard Magnaflow is one of the best , any suggestions , I'm also looking for a nice black colored tail pipe since my Tacoma is black, thanks !!!

2. Oct 9, 2016 at 10:15 AM
    aero90

aero90 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD OR 4x4 M/T - Sold
    Magnaflow, Flowmaster, borla all make catbacks for the 3rd gen tacoma and each have audio clips online if you youtube them. I'd post the clips but I don't remember the exact model #'s.

If you wanted to get more creative than that you can choose whichever muffler you want and have an exhaust shop weld in the new muffler to the stock piping.

As far as the black tip you may have to paint that yourself and I would highly recommend considering painting more than just the tip. You can see a lot more than the exhaust tip when doing a walkaround of the truck, and a black tip sticking out with stainless pipes just looks like a goofy glove. But that's my opinion.

3. Oct 9, 2016 at 10:36 AM
    bobrown14

bobrown14 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Philadelphia
    Vehicle:
    Gen 3
    bunch of stuff - Bro Pro style
    Magnaflow...ftw

4. Oct 9, 2016 at 10:50 AM
    Swiftks

Swiftks Well-Known Member

Member:
    Spring, TX
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD OR
    Bilstein 6112 (front) Bilstein 5160 (rear) Headstrong Progressive AAL ShiftSense Pro SumoSprings BakFlip F1 Tonneau Cover BAMF Grille aFe intake w/ scoop Custom Exhaust - URD Y-Pipe, Vibrant Ultra Quite Resonator & MagnaFlow Muffler 4Runner TRD Pro 17" Wheels Wrangler DuraTracs - 265/70R-17 Redline Hood Struts OPT7 LED Headlights (Highs & Lows) Baja Designs Squadron Pro Fog Lights LED Interior Lights Total Chaos Bed Stiffeners TRD Pro Skid Plate TRD Pro Tail Lights TRD Pro Shift Knob @CBoy808 Custom Bedside Decals FormulaOne Pinnacle Window Tint OEM Tacoma Bed Mat OEM Tacoma All Weather Floor Mats Fumoto Valve Amsoil Fluids
    I've had Magnaflow in the past, no complaints. I did see however in the "What have you done" sticky thread, that someone posted this brand, MBRP... While I have no experience with them, the video/sound clip he posted sounds pretty good for a V6, and most importantly, it's the only brand I've found thus far that is a cat back system and comes blacked out, which I think is bad ass.

Here's the link for retail:
    http://mbrpautomotive.com/index.php?page=products&part=S5338BLK

Can find it cheaper on autoanything.

Just search the aforementioned thread and you'll find the video clip I was referring to if you want to hear what it sounds like.

I'm sure like most complete catback systems it comes in pieces and is assembled with clamps. I think that if I do get it, I'll have a shop weld all the parts together, and then hit the welds with high temp black spray paint.

5. Oct 9, 2016 at 10:53 AM
    bobrown14

bobrown14 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Philadelphia
    Vehicle:
    Gen 3
    bunch of stuff - Bro Pro style
    Magnaflow = stainless steel nuf said.

Products Discussed in