1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tacoma TRD Pro and Tires

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Blackntosh, May 24, 2018.

1. May 24, 2018 at 1:43 PM
    Blackntosh

Blackntosh [OP] "It is better to travel well then to arrive."

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Hollywood
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Pro 4x4
    Nitro Gear 5:29's / 4A FOX Midtravel Suspension Kit by Accutune w/2.5" DSC coil-overs, Camburg Kinetik Series Billet UCA's w/Uniball in the front, FOX 2.5" DSC Reseviors in the rear with KING 2.0" AirBump Stops w/ICON RXT Pack. RCI Metal Works Bed-Rack, Sliders, Rear-Recovery and Hardware / FreeSpirit RTT / Nitto Ridge Graplers 265/75/16 on Factory Alloy TRD Wheels.
    Hey guys,
    I just bought a new Tacoma TRD Pro. I am not new to the world of off road but I am new to owning my own off road truck. Anyhow I wanted to upgrade from the Kevlar Goodyears and into a Ridge or Terra Grappler but wanted to get some feed back. I want to keep the same size tire going just more Knob and Bite. Will a 265/75 work? I know going from 70 to 75 is hardly anything but I don't want any scraping or lameness going down.

I'd appreciate some feed back and am open to any other brands active off-roaders like. I will be hitting the trails from the desert to Nor Cal and Oregon. I won't be super hammering but will definitely get out there and get some of it.

Sincerely,
    Blackntosh--------->

2. May 25, 2018 at 12:44 AM
    The Real Moondog

The Real Moondog Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Moondog
    Somewhere in the SE USA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Quicksand Tacoma TRD Off-Road (Sold :()
    Welcome aboard and congrats on the Pro. 265/75/16 will fit just fine with no rubbing. The Terra Grappler has a bit more bite than the stock tires but is still not a very aggressive AT tire. There are numerous tire threads on here that you can search and get some good intel before you buy. Best of luck.

3. May 25, 2018 at 8:20 AM
    Blackntosh

Blackntosh [OP] "It is better to travel well then to arrive."

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Hollywood
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Pro 4x4
    Nitro Gear 5:29's / 4A FOX Midtravel Suspension Kit by Accutune w/2.5" DSC coil-overs, Camburg Kinetik Series Billet UCA's w/Uniball in the front, FOX 2.5" DSC Reseviors in the rear with KING 2.0" AirBump Stops w/ICON RXT Pack. RCI Metal Works Bed-Rack, Sliders, Rear-Recovery and Hardware / FreeSpirit RTT / Nitto Ridge Graplers 265/75/16 on Factory Alloy TRD Wheels.
    Awesome. Good to know. Ya I liked a few other options out there at 265/75 but wasn't sure if that would rub. I'll check out some threads and get Dailed in.

Thanks Moondog! You rule, Cheers!

Blackntosh-------->

The Real Moondog likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top