1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

tacoma $$ vs tundra $$

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by emacpgh, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Aug 21, 2009 at 9:38 AM
    emacpgh

emacpgh [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    eric
    pittsburgh
    Vehicle:
    silver streak mica sr5 sport
    Aries stainless steel bull bar , afe pro dry s filter , secondary air filter removal, scangauge II
    the guy who sold me his trifecta on craigslist told me that it was cheaper to lease his new tundra than a tacoma. i have heard that because of the shortage dealers are not budging from MSRP. anyone hear of anything like this. my fiancee wanted me to wait till nov (after the wedding) to get mine. bought it in april anyway for 4 grand under sticker(including 1250 rebate). just want a little more told ya so ammo.

2. Aug 21, 2009 at 10:22 AM
    wiscdave

wiscdave Lets Do It!

Member:
    Northern Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    Tundra Rock Warrior
    Past ride - 3" OME 885s&Shocks/ TSB 1.5AAL/ AX184 Rims 285 Firestone destination ATs/ 2 Shallow mount P310s in Supercrew Box - Punch 601s, Beefed up Hunter Brush guard, Tint, Fog light mod, AFE Drop in, AC and Fog light mods, scangauge
    wouldn't suprise me...the prices have really dropped.

3. Aug 21, 2009 at 3:53 PM
    DrRabbitFurHead

DrRabbitFurHead Yeah, there's a TSB for that!

Member:
    Salem, VA
    Vehicle:
    X-treme Off Road Edition (4x4)
    Icon Extended Travel Coil Overs, Fox Rear Resi 8-Way Adjustable Shocks, Light Racing UCA's, OME Rear Leafs, M/T Classic Locks 17x9, Nitto T/G (285/70/R17), 5mm Billet Aluminum Spacers, Demello Sliders, All Pro Front Plate Bumper & IFS Skid Plate, PIAA 510's, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, O2 sims, Rear Timbren's & U-Bolt Flip Kit , 3* Rear Axel Shims, Extended Rear Brake Lines, 48" Hi-Lift with a ton of accessories, Wet Okoles, TRD bed mat, Borla Air Filter, Garmin Nuvi 765T, Viper 5901 remote start, 50% tint.
    I personally do not care for the looks of a Tundra. I'd rather pay more for something I like than drive something I don't for less money. If I wanted a full size truck, I'd look into the US manufacturers. Toyota really messed up on the styling of the Tundra IMO. YMMV

To Top