1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tacoma Wave?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Casey05Taco, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Nov 27, 2008 at 9:48 PM
    TacoNut

TacoNut IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Denver, Co
    Vehicle:
    16 TRD OR DCSB Quicksand
    X2 driving anywhere in the valley sucks.... all the more reason to move out to the country :D:D:D

2. Nov 27, 2008 at 10:07 PM
    norcalbb11

norcalbb11 Nor*Cal

Member:
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    09 Taco Sport 4x4
    flowmaster 40 series, tinted windows, airaid CAI, removed 2nd filter, aries black bull bar
    seriously man i drove a jeep wrangler before my tacos and in the jeep people always waved in other jeeps but not in the taco, i always get tempted to wave but they never do so i dont haha.

3. Nov 27, 2008 at 10:17 PM
    brianr

brianr go shit in your hat

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4
    BUILT, not bought...

x3

Thats why I'm trying to leave.

there are some dudes with mod'ed tacos near me, and they wave or nod when I do.

4. Nov 28, 2008 at 2:24 AM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    Nah. If I catch their eye I'll try to give them the nod of approval. But there's a guy who lives (Or his woman does anyway) in our Condo block. He has the exact same truck as me Silver A/C TRD OR. I've seen him a few times. Looks like a cock and exudes it too. Looks like a surfer chachi bum who bought a TRD OR so he can look cool. He's far to prissy to actually do anything with his truck and it's always clean.

5. Nov 28, 2008 at 5:44 AM
    Burns

Burns Excellent Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    17 DCSB Off-Road
    Bilstein 5100's @ 2.0", Wheelers 1.5" AAL, 265/75/16 Firestone Destination AT2's
    Thats funny because its true, I really wish I could move the fock out of Jersey.

6. Nov 28, 2008 at 5:58 AM
    Robbie

Robbie Well-Known Member

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma 4 x 4
    Bed mat, seat cover.
    Tacoma Wave? Not in my neck of he woods.
    In my small town, people every now and then use to wave to one another, but that seems to have vanished.
    I still throw a wave here and there, but hold a paper towel in my hand. First no response, I clean the windshield.
    I gotta go with the NJ guy, a lot of city people wave the finger.

7. Nov 28, 2008 at 7:53 AM
    Charli

Charli Stealer of Souls

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck?
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    '06 Black Sand 4X4 SR5 TRD Sport V6 Access Ca
    Towing pkg with Mossberg hitch cover, Toyota tube steps, 3" Toytec lift and TSB, 1" diff drop, Tacoma World sticker, sockmonkey decals
    Here is an excerpt from my LiveJournal on the last trip out to the country in OH:

"Anyway, the kids got to chase chickens while we looked at the Heep. The test drive was a blast since there seems to be a general lack of posted speed limit out in the boonies. I'm sure there must be a speed limit, but apparently, they are optional. On the the drive there we were doing 60+ down a two-lane road with grandmas honking and flipping us off--we actually got passed at one point by someone who must have been doing at least 80."

I wouldn't call us "city folk" but geez! When we went to visit his Mom in Oklahoma in '92, I got used to waving at everybody--back home the looks I got of "who's the crazy woman" made me lose that habit quick....

On the bike I always wave and if I'm shifting or something, I nod and hope they noticed! Most guys around here wave--even Harleys. Crotch rockets are hit and miss, but most wave now.

8. Nov 30, 2008 at 12:54 PM
    Khaos

Khaos Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD SPORT Prerunner
    3” spacer lift, 285/75/17 KO2, Spidertrax 1.25” spacers
    There are tons of Taco's in my area. Most of them are stock but we do have a good bit of mallcrawlers out there as well.

9. Nov 30, 2008 at 1:53 PM
    MT_mudflaps

MT_mudflaps Just playin' on the runways

Member:
    First Name:
    Clint
    Bellflower, CA
    Vehicle:
    Indigo SR5 PreRunner with TRD off road
    back home in MT: sure
    down here in SoCal: only if you're sure you know the person!

10. Nov 30, 2008 at 2:06 PM
    HerNameIsLucy

HerNameIsLucy I miss Lucy. :-(

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Equador. Don't know why.
    Vehicle:
    RIP Lucy.
    She's gone but not forgotten.
    Down here everyone nods at each other anyways, so when I get eye to eye with another taco owner I'll give them a thumbs up. Usually get something back. Biggest exception is cute females that think I'm hitting on them, they usually will just look away (but sometimes I'll get a little "southern girl" grin back).

11. Nov 30, 2008 at 2:10 PM
    Drew793

Drew793 Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Off-Road V6 Auto
    Weather Tech window shades, Roll-N-Lock cover with cargo manager, Led interior bed lights, EZ down tailgate strut, SpiderTrax1.25" wheel spacers, tinted windows, second filter removed, Grillcraft Mesh upper and lower grill, Castrol Syntec.
    I had a Jeep Wrangler before I got the Tacoma. The wave is just a Jeep thing. I've never had another Taco wave.

12. Nov 30, 2008 at 2:17 PM
    concrete jedi

concrete jedi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4 door indigo blue
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
    In my neck of the woods there is no wave, maybe for the before mentioned vehicles but nothing for the tacos.

13. Nov 30, 2008 at 5:09 PM
    squad314

squad314 Thinks he's Steve McQueen

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Into the mystic....(foggy Saint John, NB)
    Vehicle:
    2018 TrD Sport Upgrade
    "Hello Kitty" steering wheel cover.
    If I see someone in a Tacoma who seems to have noticed my truck I'll give them a wave or a nod.If the response is positive I assume the person digs the trucks like I do and sees it as more than just a way of getting around....If they look at me like I've got two heads it's no big deal.:D

As far as motorcycles go,when I had my Harleys I waved to every two wheeled vehicle I encountered.I was a snubbed import rider for a number of years before so I knew how rediculous it looked for guys to pass by pretending they didn't see me.....Actually,one afternoon some of my HD buddies and I got hooked up with some other guys for a ride.I noticed that one of these guys,(who I knew from back in the day and was a tool then),gave the finger to every non-Harley we passed.When we stopped,I asked what was up and he said "F@#K the Jap bikes".....Apparently he had decided that now that he was riding a Hog he was badass.I told him that he was going to get that finger busted off and then punched in the face and I would laugh and laugh......Needless to say,my crew didn't spend much time with them.

Products Discussed in

To Top