1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tacoma wont start.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Heyanewguy, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Feb 20, 2019 at 6:14 PM
    Trouble_The_Tacoma

Trouble_The_Tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Conrad
    After my “incident” I decided I’d get my tranny fluid flushed 30k mi after the event just I case I didn’t do it right

Heyanewguy[OP] likes this.
  2. Feb 20, 2019 at 6:40 PM
    Heyanewguy

Heyanewguy [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2014 toyota tacoma trd offroad v6
    Good idea. Well the light didn't pop back on but it does feel kinda laggy downshifting... been driving a dinky little VW so not sure if it's in my head there.. kinda bothers me and I hope that smooths out.... i didn't go getting it up to speed or anything, just around my subdivision because it's late, not in the mood for a late night catastophe.
    it seems as though it will get me to and fro work cuz it's just down the street and sat morning, weather permitting, i'll go get on the highway for a stretch and see what's what.

tcjacado likes this.
  3. Feb 20, 2019 at 6:55 PM
    zaclikeszac

zaclikeszac Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zac
    Vehicle:
    ’07 DCSB TRD Sport
    3" lift
    ohhh man, I’d have deuced my pants in your shoes, hopefully it all works out good.... if not i’d totally never ever suggest (wink wink) adjusting all the fluids posthumously and tow to the dealership complaining of starting issues.

additionally, i once had a 2.7 that i drove many thousands of miles with a bad rear main and partial head gasket failure that required about a quart and a half every fill up. I was in college and couldn’t afford gas, let alone a rebuild so using waste oil i got for free, i was dumping over a gallon a month into my poor lil truck and when winter came id just fill to the nearest half gallon to gallon, im sure there were times when i had 7-9 quarts slushing around for probably 7-12k miles before the head finally blue and i needed a gallon of water a day to drive around 45. besides tar running out of my tailpipe, and some very very VERY dramatic starts at -50 degrees the truck ran more or less ok even with the oil pan filled to capacity with a unknown cocktail of black sludge.
    No idea how the 2gr responds to distress, mine is still healthy, but every 4 banger i ever owner died some pretty dirty deaths.

Heyanewguy[OP] likes this.
  4. Feb 20, 2019 at 7:41 PM
    Heyanewguy

Heyanewguy [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2014 toyota tacoma trd offroad v6
    Brutal. Yea i just feel like a gave my self a new ulcer on this one cuz the truck is so pristeen, or was... i think i may head down to a buddies in a couple weeks and have him look it over real well it's just that taking my truck to him will definately involve a 2 day affair with beers and probably me crashing out in some chair. But he's amazing with toyotas and has a full fledge shop with lift/air tools the whole kit and kaboodle. I'll feel much better after he get's in it, but he's going.to cuss me for hours i'm sure, maybe even throw things at me. I deserve it. What a crummy learning experience. Amazing the damage that can be done from just a few seconds of wrongly assuming ya know something... irony is when i was checking the truck out at the dealer i thought, "brilliant, the oil filter is right there! Man, oil changes will be a cinch!" This was my first 'oil change' ~SIGH ah well

Products Discussed in

To Top