1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Flatbed,35’s and Mainly Parked For Repairs

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by tacoma16, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Feb 12, 2013 at 11:05 PM
    Sloweburn

Sloweburn Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Woodstock, ON
    Vehicle:
    19 Tacoma TRD Sport Premium
    3" lift. $10K in TRD options. Richie's semi-hidden bumper, and soon his Elka suspension
    Nice build Peter. You've done a lot since I saw your truck last (Dec 2011!)

2. Feb 13, 2013 at 3:56 AM
    tacoma16

tacoma16 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter
    Ontario
    Vehicle:
    Double cab SR5 4x4
    Thanks Steve. Got hooked that day after playing in the mud and seeing all the rigs. Really looking forward to this summer, its going to be a blast.

By the way, will be pm'ing you on sontt with details for friday sometome today.

3. Feb 16, 2013 at 7:25 AM
    DueNorth

DueNorth Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2014 BSP TRD Sport DCSB 6sp
    Damn Peter, your truck is looking great and coming along very nicely! Those relentless sliders look beefy as hell. Almost wish i would have got some with kickouts as well.

The MTR's are super nice too. Looking forward to seeing how they work in Ardbeg :D When i spring for 35's its gonna be a toss up between the MTR's and KM2's. The latter in a 33" size worked awesome for me last year tho...

The Relentless skids you bought, are they aluminum?

Side note,
    Damn i'm excited for this years wheelin season now that a few of us have gotten our Taco's built up.... (Slowe, you, myself....) We need to show the FJ guys in Sontt how its done. :D

4. Feb 17, 2013 at 3:51 AM
    tacoma16

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter
    Ontario
    Vehicle:
    Double cab SR5 4x4
    Thanks Mike, really appreciate it. Really happy with all the relentless products I have gotten so far, there super beefy. The skids I got are steel, they have a few features witch are pretty cool, like accomadating diff drops and not needing the crossover pipe done and stuff (however my exhaust is so bent up that i may need the crossover to fit my transfer case skid :p).

I like the MTR's but I have nothing to compare them to except the stock tires :rolleyes:, so I cant really vouch for them. When I get my lift though (2 years....:eek:), i wil be going with either km2's or coopers, as there the only ones in 255.

super excited to get out on the trail :bananadance: .

5. Feb 17, 2013 at 9:44 AM
    DueNorth

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    Those MTR's are going to make a WORLD of difference out on the trail! You'll see. I couldn't believe the difference from my Duratracs to my KM2's with last years wheeling season. Mud terrains are a huge benefit on the trail.

Man, if i had know you were spring for full armour underneath i would have recommended getting a transfer case skid that doesn't accommodate the crossover exhaust pipe. You loose so much clearance trying to skid plate around it so its better off just rerouting the exhaust to give you those few extra precious inches we need. No worries tho, at least your undercarriage is fully protected now. Now we can play follow the leader. lol

6. Feb 18, 2013 at 8:33 PM
    tacoma16

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter
    Ontario
    Vehicle:
    Double cab SR5 4x4
    Yeah, definatly noticed the difference with the tires so far.

Yeah i know what you mean with the transfer case skid. I may end up doing the exhaust reroute and hacking up the skid :eek:. Im having issues with the crossover pipe rubbing the skid right now, because it is so bent and beat up. May gain those inches after all ;).

I dont know about follow the leader quite yet, but soon...soon lol

7. Feb 20, 2013 at 9:13 AM
    DueNorth

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:

Even more reason to relocated the exhaust pipe. ;) Trust me, those few extra inches mean everything. My tcase skid gets a lot of abuse (hence why i re enforced it) because i'm always getting high centered on big boulders and what not.

8. Feb 20, 2013 at 10:05 AM
    tacoma16

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter
    Ontario
    Vehicle:
    Double cab SR5 4x4
    I got a big to do list before the season starts and I think the crossover delete is one of them.

9. Feb 21, 2013 at 8:48 AM
    DueNorth

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    Good idea Peter. :thumbsup: I got a bunch of things to do before wheelin season starts as well. Gotta re tap a thread hole where my IFS skid plate gets bolted up with and get the rest of my armor put on the truck. Plus some other odds and ends... the fun never ends! lol

10. Feb 21, 2013 at 9:28 AM
    tacoma16

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter
    Ontario
    Vehicle:
    Double cab SR5 4x4
    Tell me about it. I got to figure out this exhaust reroute and fix my transfer skid, as well as move some lights and trailer pin on the rear bumper so they dont get crushed.

Btw, was the reroute pricey? I have read varying prices from $100 all the way up to $800 :eek:.

Other than that, I am just waiting on a bumper order now :D. Going to be a long wait, but nonetheless, pretty excited.

11. Feb 21, 2013 at 9:59 AM
    DueNorth

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    Yea the trailer harness was the first thing i ever broke. I removed a license plate light and relocated it there instead...

temp trail fix :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think at the time i only paid $70 or so for the exhaust reroute. Whoever paid $800 is wayyyy out to lunch.. they must have gotten a brand new exhaust system put in lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ooooo at least i'm not the only one waiting for a bumper. *sigh, its only been a year now....

12. Feb 21, 2013 at 10:06 AM
    tacoma16

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter
    Ontario
    Vehicle:
    Double cab SR5 4x4
    okay awsome. I think they may have ordered the URD y-pipe which is like 500 bones, still way to much for me. 70 dollars is definatly reasonable and feasible :D

Yeah, i got lights haning right beside the trailor harness so those have to be moved. May just drill a hole between the license plate and the license plate light and stick the plug there.

Waiting on armour definatly sucks. I waited close to a year for my skids and sliders. From order date to install, a total of a year and half. Got to wait for quality though right

13. Feb 21, 2013 at 10:10 AM
    DueNorth

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    Yea but there comes a time when waiting a 1.5 years to get a product is a little much. Quite ridiculous IMO.

Why drill a hole when there's already one there for ya?? lol Losing an extra license plate light isn't gonna hurt anything...

I'd cancel that order for the URD y pipe. lol $500! damnnn!

14. Feb 21, 2013 at 10:15 AM
    tacoma16

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter
    Ontario
    Vehicle:
    Double cab SR5 4x4
    a year and half is pretty ridiculous. I understood that the lead times for my armour would be long so i kinda just accepted it now lol. I think it is a 6 month lead time before they start building your stuff. I dont know what the lead time for your armour is/was.

I dont have the stock trailer harness, so i got to see if the one i have will fit in the light. With my luck it wont, but who knows lol

Yeah the URD y-pipe is pretty close to the tranny as well so heat is a bit of a problem as well. like i said 500 bones is too much for me.

15. Feb 21, 2013 at 10:56 AM
    DueNorth

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    I didn't have the stock trailer harness as well. Replaced it with a generic one from an auto parts store. Still fit in the license plate just fine. Try it out and see what happens.

Oh yea, you're probably going to want to chop your exhaust after the axle with your new high clearance bumper on the way. I sooo can't wait to see your truck with all that Relentless gear on it!

Argh, lead times....don't get me started. lol

16. Feb 21, 2013 at 11:16 AM
    tacoma16

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter
    Ontario
    Vehicle:
    Double cab SR5 4x4
    Definatly will give it a shot before the hole gets drilled lol. See how that goes.

Exhaust is already dumped over the axle so one less thing to do haha. I cant wait to see my truck either, soooo excited :bananadance:. Just a matter of time...alot of time, but still :rolleyes:

Im looking forward to seeing your truck at the M&G. would like to see the swingout, and how that turned out. haha

17. Feb 21, 2013 at 2:57 PM
    Fightman80

Fightman80 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Capreol Ontario Canada
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD DCLB Speedway Blue
    Tinted Tail lights, Nerb Bars, Tonneau Cover, Vent Visors, Hood Deflector, Foglight/highbeam mod, Custom homemade grill, Carbon Fibre Interior.
    where in Ontario are you from??? I live in Sudbury.... 4hrs North of Toronto...

18. Feb 21, 2013 at 4:00 PM
    tacoma16

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter
    Ontario
    Vehicle:
    Double cab SR5 4x4
    Sudbury eh. I live outside of toronto, about an hour away. You got alot of snow up there? lol My sister went to Laurentian, and I heard about the crazy amount of snow you get up there.

19. Feb 24, 2013 at 9:57 AM
    tacoma16

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter
    Ontario
    Vehicle:
    Double cab SR5 4x4
    got some updated pictures and some news. Recently sold the Avid light bar, as well as the hella lights. Ordered a Reletless front and rear bumper (steel). Got a while till i get them, but i am pretty excited.

Went out to get the truck a little dirty, and get some pictures that arent in the driveway:rolleyes:.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also found these and picked them up. Figured they may come in handy on those weekend trips ;)

[​IMG]

Think i may just build a carrier out of square tube and mount it to the bed rail. Should be solid i hope lol.

20. Feb 26, 2013 at 2:19 PM
    DueNorth

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    Trucks looking good dude! Where did you find those Nato cans at? I want! :D

Good idea going with a steel front bumper as well. I'm sooo looking forward to seeing those Relentless bumpers on your truck in person. Got a year wait for that? :p

To Top