1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TacomaDude's Truck Is Lifted!!!! Pictures!!!!! Yah!!!!

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Tacomadude89, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Aug 22, 2011 at 3:58 PM
    Tacomadude89

Tacomadude89 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Austen
    California
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tacoma TRD SR5, 3.4, 5spd
    -Bilstein 5100 Series shocks on all 4 corners -Rancho HD lift coils -1/4" Toytec driverside top plate spacer -Toytec 1" diff drop -Wheelers 1.5" AAL's -Toytec 1" lift shackles -Revtek extended length BPV bracket -285/75/16 BFG KO T/A's -Pro Comp rims -ET Conical tyle lug nuts -Spidertrax 1.5" wheel Spacers -CV Boot slide mod -TRD skid plate -Magnaflow 14" round muffler -Shortened tailpipe hidden behind framerail -Toyota bug deflector -Weathertech floormats -Black leather seat covers -Valentine 1 Radar Detector
    Can you tell my enthusiasm already? lol

I'm very thrilled to finally say that my truck is lifted!!! Man, did it ever exceed my expectations. I am soooo in love my truck!!!! J

I know the majority, if not most here, are not in favor of 4wheelparts, but I will give a little review of my experience with them as they are the ones who I went through to have the lift
    installed. I set up the appointment a little over a month in advance and they told me they would be able to bust it out in a day, all of which they did. Dropped the truck off Friday afternoon as the lift was going to be installed the following day. The only somewhat negative part of experience with them was the gentleman who assisted me at drop off day as I could tell he did not to want to spend much time talking with me when we were going over everything. It was a little frustrating. To me, getting a lift installed should be a fun, pleasurable & exciting experience thus should be treated as such and made to feel that way by the employees. Kind of like how you would get treated at nice restaurant for example, but that’s just my opinion & who knows though, it could’ve just been almost lunch time or he was having a hectic day selling shocks to somebody. Anyway, other than that, everyone else who I spoke to & with over the phone with was very friendly and helpful, especially the tech that did the install which was great. He was super cool and very easy to talk with and said that everything went on great and did not run into any problems at all, no rusted up bolts or anything like and told me that he’s done several of these trucks. Even praised the lift package stating how it was a great setup. I asked his opinion just out of curiosity what the condition of the stock shocks where and he said everything had plenty of life left. He informed me the rear got a full 1.5” of lift while the front got a little over 3”. Nice. There is a slight bit of lean in the rear, bro lean, but the front may settle a little. It’s not enough to bug me though. Overall after crawling around underneath the truck and inspecting everything, I really couldn’t be more pleased with the install, he did a fantastic job job and it shows.
    The lift definitely ended up being higher than I anticipated, but by no means in a bad way at all! It’s funny how you go through threads seeing peoples lift set ups with basically the same specs that yours is going to be and in theory get a good idea of what it will look like, but in this case it just seems to be taller, but every truck varies a little and actually seeing something in person is always a different story too.

I’m sure that you are wondering now how it drives. As I said before, I couldn’t be more pleased. It drives absolutely fantastic!! The front end definitely stays flatter in the corners than it did before with much less body roll. Going over bumps and everything, it feels more composed than it did and doesn’t get as “upset” you could say with a certainly much less squishy frontend. I was pleased to find that there are no vibes!!! Yes!!! One of the places that it really shines the most compared to before I’d say is on the freeway. It literally drives like a dream, straight as an arrow, with a super tight and smooth feel, you can just let go of the wheel and it just keeps going straight, it’s fantastic. It drove nice before, but often times if you got in one of those ‘ruts’ down the freeway, it would pull and you’d have to make corrections. I don’t know if the tires are the ones to thank here, but now it just handles those kind of things so much more at ease and is a lot more confident inspiring, it’s really a night and day difference there.

What you really want to know now is what I think of the 285’s vs. the 265’s that were on before and the noticeable differences. Ahhh yes, one of the biggest brought up topics on the site. Well, the biggest difference most of all that I can tell is that it definitely requires more stopping power with the 285’s. That to me is the probably upmost biggest noticeable difference for sure. Secondly, you can stay in the gears a lot longer, especially in first which I love. This is not for everybody though. To me, it makes it more street friendly in some cases as you can pull away further rather than having to shift so soon which I like a lot. Almost makes it feel quicker, especially in first gear. Power wise, it is definitely not as bad as I thought it was going be, but I can notice it a little while going up inclines. The truck seems to do just fine and have no troubles moving them, seriously. I do sometimes see myself taking the rpm’s up a little higher than I did before when I’m about to throw a shift, but other than that, it doesn’t feel underpowered and I have no complaints at all there. I think I was expecting it to be a lot worse, so I’m surprised by how little they affected it in that department; however I’m sure I’ll feel it a lot more when I’m pulling my motorcycle trailer over the sisikyous. I haven’t gone through a whole tank of gas to really get an idea of the difference, but within the past few days of driving, I have noticed that it is dropping quicker than usual. Again, I don’t know how much yet as I haven’t done a full tank yet to track it. Now regarding rubbing, there isn’t any!!!! No kidding!!! Surprise surprise, for sure, and couldn’t believe it when I turned the wheel full lock and pulled out of the parking lot when I picked it up. FYI, I already did the pinch weld mod and trimmed away some plastic in prep for these beforehand; however, the 1.5” Spidertrax wheel spacers may have really played a part in preventing that. The tech told me that there was just a slightest bit of rubbing on one little area of plastic on either side, so he trimmed it and it went away. Lock to lock, there is amazingly no rubbage at all, but I have not taken it offroad to test it when flexed so I cannot comment there yet. The tires themselves handle great and I am beyond glad that I went with the 285’s over the other sizes I was considering, they are just perfect with this package.

As you can tell, I am completely stoked and couldn’t be happier!!!!! Gosh I love my truck.

For reference, here are the lift specs:

-Bilstein 5100's on all 4 corners
    -Rancho HD Coils
    -Wheeler's 1.5" AAL
    -(1) 1/4" Toytec driverside spacer
    -285/75/16 BFG T/A's

You're probably going, Rancho coils, are you serious???? I purchased these coils used off of a member here and basically took my chances with them. I know. After purchasing the tires and everything else, I wasn’t really up for dropping more dough on springs, however I figured that anything would probably be better than stock so when these came along a week before I got the lift installed, I took ‘em as I figured I couldn’t go wrong and they were also good price. A compromise and almost like it was meant to be. Supposedly they are rated at giving some lift, and it definitely appears that they did a little in this case. All in all I am very glad I got ‘em and would do it again in a heartbeat, they ride great, a lot firmer than stock.
    I have to give credit to Monte, Blackdawg, as he got them out to me in a rush because as I stated before, the lift was getting installed the following week. Thanks again man.

Here are the pics!!!!!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]
    First time seeing it!! It was so cool when I saw it from a distance a lot taller than it was before.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hahaha. You know, after looking at these pics I could forget all about mpg.

2. Aug 22, 2011 at 4:03 PM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    I have the attention span of a mentally challenged baby seal, so I didn't read the whole writeup- but it sounds like youre stoked, and the truck looks good!

3. Aug 22, 2011 at 4:11 PM
    skunk

skunk what did I miss?

Member:
    First Name:
    Rudi
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD 4x4 (STOLEN)
    YOU WILL BE MISSED Satoshi Grill, FX-R retros, husky liners, bed bolt d-rings, TRD short throw shifter, 2.5 Fox Coil overs, AP UCA's, AP Expo rear leaf with Fox 2.0 shocks, Extended SS brake lines, AP kick-out sliders, 265/75/16 on Konig Countersteers, AllPro Apex front bumper and Zip Ties.
    x2

Looks great!

4. Aug 22, 2011 at 4:17 PM
    brianpdx

brianpdx Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1999 SR5 TRD 4x4
    Looks fantastic. Congratulations!

5. Aug 22, 2011 at 4:18 PM
    jberry813

jberry813 The Mad Scientist

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Lake Tahoe
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Sport
    ...too much shit to list.
    +1 for you and sig worthy.

6. Aug 22, 2011 at 4:22 PM
    rcfreak201

rcfreak201 Well-Known Member

Member:
    i didnt read that at all haha looks good though

7. Aug 22, 2011 at 4:28 PM
    jazzystoy69

jazzystoy69 ((( FOR THOSE ABOUT TO ROCK , I SALUTE YOU )))

Member:
    First Name:
    Joseph
    CONNECTICUT
    Vehicle:
    LITTLEPUNISHER
    Intake mod - Flowmaster super40 - cree reverse lights - Grillecraft - MetalMiller emblem - Bilstien 5100s front and back - Spidertraxs 1.5 - AFE prodry S filter - Extang Black Max cover - Black muffler tip - 20% Tints All Around - Energy Poly Sway Bar Bushings - Sway Bar Links - AVS Hood Bug Defflector - AVS Black smoked window rain guards - Engine Silicone Hoses - sockmonkey bedside badges - sockmonkey TRD windshield Decal - westing step bars - snobord Light Bar & Hella Black Magic 500 Lights - TRD shift Knobs - Black shorty antena - dee zee all weather floor mats -Black Smoked LEDS Euro tail Lights - T R D Custom Front Plate - T R D 3rd brake Light Cover - Tail Gate Seal -CoverKing neoprene seat covers.
    Makes A Big Diffrence , Nice Work[​IMG]

8. Aug 22, 2011 at 5:11 PM
    jeff b

jeff b Well-Known Member

Member:
    Love it! Well done..

9. Aug 22, 2011 at 5:24 PM
    LBCdan

LBCdan I got tiger blood.. WINNING

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Long Beach , CA
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM DCSB TRD SPORT
    Pioneer 4000NEX , grab handle GPS mount, Bakflip tonneau, OME 885, Bilstein 5100s, Wheelers 1.5" AAL
    Very nice. +1 for a great review of the parts and 4WheelParts customer experience. I haven't had any problems with 4WheelParts but, like you said, I know they aren't liked by many here on TW. Great looking truck and you sold me on the 5100s.

WTF... I can't give rep.. or are you maxed out?? :confused:

EDIT: Figured it out...:eek:

10. Aug 22, 2011 at 5:31 PM
    udy2554

udy2554 NORTHERN RED-NECK

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Naples, NY
    Vehicle:
    '06 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Toytec ULK, Light Racing UCA's, OME Dakar rear leaves, ARB Bumper with XRC8 winch, Good Year Duratracs 285/70/17's on 17x9" Level 8 Strike 6's. Leer cap in the winter. Pioneer Double Din with BT, iPod, etc. Boston Acoustic components in all 4 doors with a Sony amp, powered 8" sub. Ultra gauge, Tom Tom...
    Truck looks great! Your enthusiasm is awesome too.:bananadance::woot::taco: Have fun with it!:D

11. Aug 22, 2011 at 5:33 PM
    SCSPerformance

SCSPerformance Stealth Custom Series™ Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Vin
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma
    Camburg LT kit DMZ SUA kit SCS wheels Matte Black custom paint
    looks great! are those 285s 32" or 33" tall? btw, how come you're only using a spacer on the driver side?

12. Aug 22, 2011 at 5:35 PM
    TacoMatt02

TacoMatt02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    02 sr5 double cab
    fap fap fap fap

13. Aug 22, 2011 at 5:42 PM
    Tacomadude89

Member:
    First Name:
    Austen
    California
    Vehicle:
    -Bilstein 5100 Series shocks on all 4 corners -Rancho HD lift coils -1/4" Toytec driverside top plate spacer -Toytec 1" diff drop -Wheelers 1.5" AAL's -Toytec 1" lift shackles -Revtek extended length BPV bracket -285/75/16 BFG KO T/A's -Pro Comp rims -ET Conical tyle lug nuts -Spidertrax 1.5" wheel Spacers -CV Boot slide mod -TRD skid plate -Magnaflow 14" round muffler -Shortened tailpipe hidden behind framerail -Toyota bug deflector -Weathertech floormats -Black leather seat covers -Valentine 1 Radar Detector
    Thanks guys!!!

The 285's measure more on the 32" side of things than a true 33. Think of them as a tall 32" tire.

It helps correct the common driverside (Taco Lean) on these trucks. :cool:

14. Aug 22, 2011 at 5:45 PM
    mlittle

mlittle T O Y O T A

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Fort Sill, OK
    Vehicle:
    2014 Toyota Tundra Crew Max 4x4
    Looks good!

15. Aug 22, 2011 at 5:53 PM
    mountainman94

mountainman94 awwwwww yeeeeeeeeahhhhh

Member:
    First Name:
    Cory
    A Place of Higher Learning
    Vehicle:
    '98 TRD SR5
    5100's/Eibach coils; 2 inch toytech AAL, Black Pacer 15x8 wheels, 32x11.5 BFG AT K/Os
    if your truck winds up missing, it's because i've stolen it. just kidding, but the truck looks great. i would love to run the same setup on mine.

16. Aug 22, 2011 at 6:06 PM
    StAndrew

StAndrew Wait for it...

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Hampton Roads, Va
    Vehicle:
    SR5 4x4TRD
    Deck Plate Mod; Grey Wire Mod; 1.5" AAL; 1.75" Lift Shackles; Bilstein 5100's; Eiback Coils; LR UCA; Front Diff Drop; Tundra Brake Upgrade; Wheels Offroad Brake Lines; Rear Diff Breather Mod
    Great truck! Now you just need to install some new UCA's!

17. Aug 22, 2011 at 6:07 PM
    Tacomadude89

Member:
    First Name:
    Austen
    California
    Vehicle:
    Yeah,

That would definitely be one the next things, huh.

I have a slight feeling though that cash is going to go to gas instead.

18. Aug 22, 2011 at 6:15 PM
    Blackdawg

Blackdawg Dr. Frankenstein

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    96.5 FrankenTaco & 03 Stock dbl cab
    BFG KM2 33x12.5 tires, Wheelers Type B rims, Allpro 1.5'' Wheel spacers w/extended thread lug nuts 2 Alpine 10'' Type Xs 2 Kicker 6X9s 4 Sony 5 1/4s Pioneer 4100 HU Sway bar removed 4 Hella 500 HIDs Frankenstein Leaf packs 1'' lift shackles Eibach coils 5100s front 10'' 5150s rear BAMF BPV bracket Deckplate mod Elite Front bumper Magnaflow 14'' muffler Elite Off Road Rear bumper with Tire gate with jerry can and fold down table, BAMF sliders, Custom Homemade Bed, rack/roof rack, CVT Mt. Shasta Roof Top Tent, 20lb CO2 tank, BAMF diff skid custom front skid, GM CS144 140 amp alternator Blitzpro 21s HAWK side LEDs Blitzpro Custom made side mirror lights, LightForce 240 Blitz llights, Piaa 510 ION fogs, XRC8 Winch w/in cab controls,
    Nice man!! Looks great. Just outa cuiousity are the front 5100sbumper set at2.5". Cuz when I still had those coils I sure as hell didn't have 3"lift of lift Haha. Glad the coils worked out for you tho! And I dint know they were HD coils..

Nice job man! Glad I could be part of the experience :D

19. Aug 22, 2011 at 6:17 PM
    Tacomadude89

Member:
    First Name:
    Austen
    California
    Vehicle:
    Yeah, 2.5.

20. Aug 22, 2011 at 6:20 PM
    hard2kill

hard2kill Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Rhinebeck NY
    Vehicle:
    06 4door trd sport white 6spd
    ...315's,2in bora wheel spacers,safari snorkel,wheel spacers,bruteforcefab rear bumper and sliders,afe filter,hi-lift jack,5100 with OME 886 & 1/2in spacer,allpro expo's,icon 10in rear shox,flip kit,ss brake lines,cobra cb,fog light mod,yellow fogs,weathertech mats,fullsize spare tire and extra sport rim,tinted windows,aeroturbine 2525 muffler dumped over axle...rear diff breather mod...removed factory spare...removed 2nd air filter...THULE roof rack and fairing....bud builts front to back,allpoo front bumper,BAMF lca skids,overland Offroad roof and bed racks,
    looks good...now time for sliders,skids and bumpers :).....love those wheels

To Top