1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tacomas can really take a hit.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by BREAK, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Oct 3, 2011 at 7:35 PM
    SevenMaryThree

SevenMaryThree Member

Member:
    AZ
    Bingo.

The wrecking service that pulled me out had to roll the truck back over it's roof to get it on it's feet again. They said I saved the engine by shutting it off. They drained it, cleaned it, and topped it back off. I drove it home 9 hours with the mirrors duct taped back on but still functional. Every piece of metal on that truck was destroyed, but every piece of glass was in tact.

Ultimately the rear axle was slightly bent and it got worse over time. It would spray differential fluid all over the brakes and rotors. After a couple $700 dollar oil changes I dumped it. Dealership gave me $13K for a 7 year old truck with 60K miles and a terrible Carfax. I was not complaining.

2. Oct 3, 2011 at 8:57 PM
    babytruck

babytruck Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)

Member:
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2010 Barcelona AC 4x4 4.0 6spd
    This is true.

Sometimes on the back of the check in teeny gray letters or accompanied by a letter, it says that a signature on the check will also be confirmation that the claim is now completed and it is an agreement to not pursue it further in the future.

I'd hold off on that until you are sure something doesn't come up later on. You might experience things in the future when your body has a chance to assess its own damage.

The reason I say this is because something like this happened to my friend and she felt "not right" about accepting the 3k they offered her. As time went on, the mobility in her neck decreased, accompanied by a creeping pain. This happened 15 years ago and still today she has issues with her neck (can't turn to one side), they can't figure out what it is and she cannot work anymore. She took them to court and now has lifetime medical but still she cannot work, she is in so much pain.

3. Oct 3, 2011 at 9:49 PM
    CorrosiveTendency

CorrosiveTendency When up to your nose in shit, keep your mouth shut

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan S.
    Schuylkill Co, Pa
    Vehicle:
    05' DblCab SB Speedway Blue
    OME 885's, Locker Mod. Bilstein 5100's on 4 corners
    Hold off on any and all medical claims, don't sign anything until your primary care physician give you a clear bill of health. My wife is going though this right now, 2 months ago she was rear ended, and knocked into oncoming traffic which caused a head on collision. Her Corolla held up awesome considering the impacts. The other guy's ins co tried to give us the run around, but play hardball, tell them you have an eager lawyer at hand and to treat you like the decent human being that you are. Be patient and make them do the waiting for acceptance on everything. Be a pain in the ass. Be honest, solid and educated. It sucks, but if you are patient and persistent, you should come out even, which is the most you can really hope for, being than you are healthy.
    This thread is full of opinions, including mine, but all in all, it is saying the same thing. When wrong is done; do right.

4. Oct 3, 2011 at 10:01 PM
    Ivan

Ivan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ivan
    Western Mass
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma, 4x4 + SR5
    x2

But for real though, you might discover problems in a year, caused by this accident

5. Oct 4, 2011 at 8:54 AM
    BREAK

BREAK [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRDOR LB
    BFG KO2 265/75R16 Icon Dynamics 2.0 Front Coilovers and rear shocks. Rear AAL Borla Catback exhaust Afe momentum CAI
    i plan on waiting until after my doc clears me but if something comes up a year from now im not going to sweat it too much. I have good medical threw the navy, and they take fairly good care of me. they'll end up handling any problems anyway.

6. Oct 6, 2011 at 12:40 PM
    BREAK

BREAK [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRDOR LB
    BFG KO2 265/75R16 Icon Dynamics 2.0 Front Coilovers and rear shocks. Rear AAL Borla Catback exhaust Afe momentum CAI
    Earlier somoeone metioned filing for dimished value. Say my truck was KBB'd at about 27.5k does anybody have an idea on what the diminshed value would be now.

Products Discussed in

To Top