1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tacomas in Minnesota?

Discussion in 'Mid West' started by LonghornTaco, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Feb 4, 2020 at 7:49 PM
    Rondo_Taco

Rondo_Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lakeville, MN
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    2020 Tacoma TRD Offroad ARE CX-HD Topper Victory 4x4 Roof and Topper Rack Thule roof rack tracks CaliRaised 40" Lightbar Home Made platform bed system ---------------------- 2018 Tacoma TRD Off road OME 2" Suspension Lift (2888) Victory 4x4 Roof Rack C4 Fabrications Lo-Pro bumber CaliRaised 40" Lightbar ARE CX Topper

You still selling those wheels? Rubber or rims too?

2. Feb 13, 2020 at 3:31 PM
    GQ7227

GQ7227 mw survivor

Member:
    First Name:
    J A Y
    309km east of Hazard ...the good life
    Vehicle:
    '97 black SR5 0g ~ MT @ 176k ...
    black woolWax, green IFC, borlaCB, custom Line-X PC drums, skid, nuts, hooks, 1/4 silver frame...
  3. Feb 13, 2020 at 4:38 PM
    USDashCamera

USDashCamera Put it in H

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 Quicksand TRD OR
    never knew they made a dash cam even haha.

Typically when these big name brand companies release dash cams they are often just the same as many cheap chinese ones with a nicer plastic body. like cobra has had a bunch of dash cams, and there were bunch of chinese clones that looked the same because they're made in the same factory often, sharing a lot of the same components.

But theres no reason in this day and age to get a 720p dash cam. some 1080p cams are still a great option as long as they are optimized well, the Viofo A119 V3 is probably the best in terms of 1080p picture quality, but being a pretty affordable budget cam.

GQ7227[QUOTED] likes this.
  4. Feb 28, 2020 at 4:39 PM
    JC34X4

JC34X4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    J
    Minneapolis
    Vehicle:
    96 Tacoma 5spd 4x4 single cab.
  5. Feb 28, 2020 at 4:52 PM
    deusxanime

deusxanime Well-Known Member

Member:
    MN
    Vehicle:
    2020 Cement OR DCSB V6 6MT 4x4 Prem+AdvTech+LED
  6. Feb 29, 2020 at 5:23 AM
    GQ7227

GQ7227 mw survivor

Member:
    First Name:
    J A Y
    Vehicle:
    black woolWax, green IFC, borlaCB, custom Line-X PC drums, skid, nuts, hooks, 1/4 silver frame...
    :notsure:

00H0H_7pX8Zv0iWMH_1200x900_00ab9c5e3e21e01d0df600e4567a74f0317a8fef.jpg

00C0C_5Xg4IaiNFQP_1200x900_f0c55e6a38ae9e5646f3e5c7c3f7d420f214b00e.jpg

BSFord and JC34X4 like this.
  7. Feb 29, 2020 at 9:10 AM
    GQ7227

GQ7227 mw survivor

Member:
    First Name:
    J A Y
    Vehicle:
  8. Feb 29, 2020 at 9:25 AM
    deusxanime

Member:
    MN
    Vehicle:
    Hah, busy looking at the body and didn't see that. Crappy chrome bumpers... At least probably one of the easiest things to replace.

GQ7227[QUOTED] likes this.
  9. Feb 29, 2020 at 9:35 AM
    GQ7227

GQ7227 mw survivor

Member:
    First Name:
    J A Y
    Vehicle:
    There is not much for pics from underneath
    Interior is clean!

10. Feb 29, 2020 at 9:35 AM
    5nahalf

5nahalf I build dumb things

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    2018 Inferno Longbed
    There is a supercharged 4Runner on Facebook that’s been for sale for awhile. It’s pretty rough, but it runs.

11. Mar 20, 2020 at 8:38 AM
    deusxanime

Member:
    MN
    Vehicle:
    Anyone have a set of 2016-2019 Sport OEM wheels they want to get rid of? I'm trading in my '19 Sport soon but already have winter tires and the black vinyl on my OEM wheels, so would like to keep them to run in the winter for now on the new truck, so need something to sell it with. If it comes to it I'll put my OEM tires back on mine and sell them with truck, but it would save me some time and hassle just to have another set of Sport wheels instead.

Was possibly trying to make a deal with someone from Chicago that listed them on the classified thread, but that fell through, so on the hunt again.

Edit: Just to be clear, I just need the wheels/rims, not the tires. I still have my OEM tires that I can put back on.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
  12. Mar 28, 2020 at 11:02 PM
    gudujarlson

gudujarlson Well-Known Member

Member:
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD Off-Road DCSB 6MT
    Kings, Dakars, SPCs, 33's, Mobtown Sliders, TRD Skid
    I had to get outside, so I packed the truck up with enough supplies to be self sufficient (except for gasoline) and headed north.

I left St Paul in the morning and met up with the Gandhi Dancer trail at Markville and headed north. It was straight, flat, covered in ice, and rough as hell. I was surprised none of my gear flew out of the bed. Luckily I still have all my teeth. I probably won’t go back, but at least it gave me a route into the Nemadji State Forest.

I got lost along the Gandy Dancer and ended up on what I discovered later to be an ATV trail. It was on this trail that I did my first “river” crossing in the new taco. I forded about 8 inches of water, ice, and frozen mud. The taco never missed a beat

I turned left on to the Truck Park Trail and headed west. This trail is more of a road than a trail, but at least it has twists and turns and the spring thaw made it quite slippery and fun. Most every offshoot was posted no trespassing, but I found a couple of, what looked to be, logging trails to explore. There was quite a bit more snow than i expected and I made good use of 4-lo and ATRAC. Midway along this route I took a break to have a snack and a beer and take some target practice at a beer can.

All the fun ended when reached The End of the Trail Road, turned right, and headed back to the hiway. I stopped for gas and filled up for $1.67(!) a gallon on a gas pump that was so old it didn’t accept credit cards. Next stop Gilbert.

After lots of hiway driving at 90-100 mph (because I hadn’t seen a police officer the entire day), I reached Gilbert. It was the first time I saw the taco speedo read 100. Arriving in Gilbert I expected to see signs directing me to the Iron Range OHV Park, but there were no signs in sight. After a short search I found it.

The Iron Range OHV Park is a blast! The snow made even the easy trails challenging. I got temporarily stuck numerous times, but never needed to use recovery equipment. One hill in particular looked impassable because of deep snow, but a group of ATV riders challenged me to do it. I couldn’t pass up the challenge. I knew I’d never be able to crawl up it, so I took a good run at it, went gunho the whole way up around a sweeping corner, and got some cheers from the crowd at the top. I raised my fist in triumph! The lead ATV rider scoffed at me and pointed over yonder at, what I estimate to be, a 50 foot tall 60 degree slope that disappeared into the treetops. My tail sank between my legs.

I got lost again (1 of a million times) and ended up in what looked like a frozen swamp. I was pretty sure I was not in the park anymore, but I was following truck tracks and I wanted to know where they went.

Along the way I came upon a suburban stuck in the snow. The driver had left the trail and gotten buried in snow and half frozen mud. It was at this point that a DNR officer informed me that I was on a snowmobile trail. He had discovered the stuck suburban and had helped them summon a snow cat tow truck. I had never seen such a machine. Super awesome. The snow cat winched out the suburban and then we followed it about 1/4 mile back to the road and then headed back to the park.

Back at the park I tried some more trails, but many of them were impassable due to deep wet snow. One in particular I came across was named Dumb and Dumber. It was labeled “difficult” and looked to be a 45 degree slope strewn with boulders and partially covered in deep snow. I climbed it on foot with moderate difficulty. I have no idea how anything could climb that even in summer.

Snack, beer, take pictures. On the way out I did some minor rock crawling over some iron range rock piles that were relatively snow free. Good fun.

There was not much sun left, but I really wanted to see Mesabi Mountain and it is not far away. At least an hour later, I found it. Google maps was less than helpful, the dnr map no better, and there are zero signs. Frustrating! It was pitch black when I finally found the trail head. I drove 20 feet in, got out of the truck to investigate, could hardly walk in the snow, and decided “not tonight”.

Two hours later I was at the cabin drinking a beer and writing this post. Good day!

3E68F892-3CBD-4378-B8D0-35BCADA566D9.jpg

0728CD59-9CCD-4ED2-B1DA-4AD4CAF610B3.jpg

59717406-0452-4A20-9E2E-46D4DDF13685.jpg

E4B8D7ED-1976-48D7-89D8-686ADDB07616.jpg

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
    Minny Taco, BSFord, GQ7227 and 2 others like this.
  13. Mar 28, 2020 at 11:21 PM
    corprin

corprin Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    corprin
    Pretty cool story.

Stay the fuck home.

BSFord, Shellshock and Tigerian like this.
  14. Mar 29, 2020 at 5:53 AM
    GQ7227

GQ7227 mw survivor

Member:
    First Name:
    J A Y
    Vehicle:
    also wash and sanitize your hands,
    do NOT touch your face, its all you can basically do

15. Mar 29, 2020 at 7:43 AM
    gudujarlson

Member:
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    From the list of acceptable activities in the executive order:

“Outdoor activities. Individuals may engage in outdoor activities (e.g., walking, hiking, running, biking, driving for pleasure, hunting, or fishing), and may go to available public parks and other public recreation lands, consistent with remaining at least six feet apart from individuals from other households. This does not exempt public accommodations that may feature outdoor activities from closure under Executive Order 20-04 and does not permit trespass upon private property.”

https://www.leg.state.mn.us/archive/execorders/20-20.pdf

GQ7227 likes this.
  16. Mar 29, 2020 at 8:11 AM
    corprin

corprin Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    corprin
    Le sigh.

This is a fantastic example of “spirit of the law” vs “letter of the law”

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
    Tigerian and Shellshock like this.
  17. Mar 31, 2020 at 1:56 PM
    gudujarlson

Member:
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    You are welcome to your own interpretation of the executive order, but I do not interpret it to mean “stay the fuck home”. I interpret it as “limit your face-to-face social interaction”.

18. Mar 31, 2020 at 2:00 PM
    deusxanime

Member:
    MN
    Vehicle:
    I mean it is literally a "Stay at Home Order".

BSFord and Shellshock like this.
  19. Mar 31, 2020 at 2:07 PM
    Tigerian

Tigerian Well-Known Member

Member:
    Iowa, unfortunately
    Vehicle:
    2024 GR Corolla
    And says word for word to "limit movements outside of their home beyond essential needs"

BSFord likes this.
  20. Mar 31, 2020 at 2:26 PM
    gudujarlson

Member:
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Have you read more than the title? Here is a larger quote to help you understand. Pay close attention to (c) and (e).

5. Exemptions – Activities. Minnesotans may leave their homes or residences to engage in the following activities, provided that all persons follow the guidelines set forth and maintained by the Minnesota Department of Health (“MDH Guidelines”), including but not limited to social distancing, to the maximum extent possible. This list of Activities may be clarified, as deemed necessary by the Governor, to ensure the health, safety, and security of all Minnesotans. Clarifications will be available for public review at: https://www.health.state.mn.us/diseases/coronavirus/

a. Relocation to ensure safety. Individuals whose homes or residences are unsafe or become unsafe, including individuals who have suffered or are at risk of domestic violence or for whom the safety, sanitation or essential operations of the home or residence cannot be maintained, are allowed and urged to leave their home or residence and relocate to a safe alternative home or residence.

b. Health and safety activities. Individuals may seek emergency services, obtain medical services, supplies, and medications, and visit a health care or dental professional or facility, or a veterinarian. Individuals may also donate blood.

c. Outdoor activities. Individuals may engage in outdoor activities (e.g., walking, hiking, running, biking, driving for pleasure, hunting, or fishing), and may go to available public parks and other public recreation lands, consistent with remaining at least six feet apart from individuals from other households. This does not exempt public accommodations that may feature outdoor activities from closure under Executive Order 20-04 and does not permit trespass upon private property.

d. Necessary supplies and services. Individuals may obtain food, including delivery or carry-out services, beverages (alcoholic and non-alcoholic), and other grocery items, gasoline, supplies needed to work from home, and products needed to maintain the safety, sanitation, and essential operation of homes and residences, businesses, and personally owned vehicles, including automobiles and bicycles. Individuals may also visit and use the services of laundromats and dry cleaners.

e. Essential intrastate and interstate travel. Individuals may travel to exempted activities and may travel to return to a home or place of residence. Individuals may also travel into and out of Minnesota.

f. Care of others. Individuals may care for a family member, friend, or pet in another household, and may transport family members, friends, or pets as allowed by this Executive Order, including the transport of children pursuant to existing parenting time schedules or other visitation schedules pertaining to a child in need of protective services (“CHIPS”) proceeding.

g. Displacement. Individuals without a home are exempt from the restrictions in this Executive Order, and they may move between emergency shelters, dropin centers, and encampments. Encampments should not be subject to sweeps or disbandment by state or local governments, as such sweeps or disbandment increase the potential risk and spread of COVID-19.

h. Tribal Activities & Lands. i. Activities by tribal members within the boundaries of their tribal reservations are exempt from the restrictions in this Executive Order but may be subject to restrictions by tribal authorities. ii. Activities within the boundaries of federal land held in trust for one of the 11 Minnesota Tribal Nations are exempt from the restrictions in this Executive Order but may be subject to restrictions by tribal authorities. iii. Activities by tribal members to exercise their federal treaty rights within the boundaries of their treaty territory (also known as “ceded territory”) are exempt from the restrictions in this Executive Order but may be subject to restrictions by applicable tribal authorities. iv. Tribal members may travel to and from their tribal reservations in accordance with applicable tribal law

Spunky likes this.
To Top