1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tacomas in snow

Discussion in 'Off-Roading & Trails' started by Tommigumm, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Sep 16, 2008 at 2:21 PM
    Agent475

Agent475 "Mark It Zero"

Member:
    Waldorf, MD
    Vehicle:
    2006 Red TRD Sport
    Hood Struts, 3" Tuff Country Lift, Shortie Antenna, WeatherTechs, Tinted front windows, custom TRD seat covers, custom pedals, debadged, custom USMC badging, quasi-functional hoodscoop (i.e. I cut it open), black front Yota emblem, Tailgate Theft-Prevention mod, Horn Relocation mod, Old Man Emu Carrier Bearing Drop, Brighter Backup Lights Mod, Smittybilt Reciever Hitch Tow Point, currently working on Satoshi Grill Mod
    Wow - AWESOME pics!!

2. Sep 18, 2008 at 8:14 AM
    mr.trd

mr.trd Are you Recreationally Insane?

Member:
    First Name:
    Brant
    Pocatello, Idaho
    Vehicle:
    '06 S/C 1GR-FE DCSB
    Icon coilovers w 14" 700lb springs, Icon billet UCA w/ Delta joints, custom built Icon rear resi-shocks, Icon stage 3 rear leaf pack, Archive Garage Hammer Hangers w/ homemade spreader bar, superbumps up front and timbren bumps in the rear, Crown brake lines, U-bolt flip,4.88's with front ARB locker and ARB dual compressor mounted behind back seat, 285/75R17 BFG A/T KO2's on Bronze Icon Alloy Compression's, 5th gen T4R budget big brake kit, CBI Off-Road Fab. custom Trailmaster 2.0 with swing-away tire carrier, CBI custom tube front bumper, CBI kickout sliders, CBI full flat belly skids including gas tank,CBI Ditch Light brackets w/ Heretic Studio Quattro's, Heretic Studio's 30" Amber on the front, Heretic Studio 40" bar under the Front Runner Roof Rack, Expedition Essentials RAM mount, Leer used shell, OEM black chrome sport headlights, fog lights always on mod, rear locker anytime mod, TRD supercharger, URD Ucon-EMS, Deatschwerks 255 fuel pump w/ URD external fuel filter kit, AFE intake paired to a Safari Snorkel, URD spec-U exhaust w/ factory Tundra muffler behind URD equal length headers.
    I love these trucks in Iceland...Why don't we get shit like that down here.....

3. Sep 18, 2008 at 9:23 AM
    montgomery_30824

montgomery_30824 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Guyton, Ga
    Vehicle:
    '06 prerunner 4dr
    K & N airfilter, custom built 10" sub boxes, pioneer head, mag-lite mod, Blue LED dash lights, custom painted engine cover, mud flap removal mod, alarm/remote start installed,
    ok. that makes more sense to me now.

4. Sep 18, 2008 at 12:43 PM
    piercedtiger

piercedtiger Devout Atheist

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Southern Tier, NY
    Vehicle:
    2015 F150 3.5EB SCEW 6.5ft
    Yeah, how many places need balloon tires like that to keep from falling through the "road" surface? :laugh:

Not to mention if the taco's are anything like the Hilux Top Gear used, then the front suspension needs to be moved forward a few MM to allow the larger front fenders to clear the doors. Without moving everything forward they can't open the front doors. :D

Lot of work just for lift and bigger tires if you don't absolutely need it.

Oh, and I bet they have to change the brakes to fit 15" wheels.

5. Sep 18, 2008 at 1:10 PM
    mr.trd

Member:
    First Name:
    Brant
    Pocatello, Idaho
    Vehicle:
    '06 S/C 1GR-FE DCSB
    Icon coilovers w 14" 700lb springs, Icon billet UCA w/ Delta joints, custom built Icon rear resi-shocks, Icon stage 3 rear leaf pack, Archive Garage Hammer Hangers w/ homemade spreader bar, superbumps up front and timbren bumps in the rear, Crown brake lines, U-bolt flip,4.88's with front ARB locker and ARB dual compressor mounted behind back seat, 285/75R17 BFG A/T KO2's on Bronze Icon Alloy Compression's, 5th gen T4R budget big brake kit, CBI Off-Road Fab. custom Trailmaster 2.0 with swing-away tire carrier, CBI custom tube front bumper, CBI kickout sliders, CBI full flat belly skids including gas tank,CBI Ditch Light brackets w/ Heretic Studio Quattro's, Heretic Studio's 30" Amber on the front, Heretic Studio 40" bar under the Front Runner Roof Rack, Expedition Essentials RAM mount, Leer used shell, OEM black chrome sport headlights, fog lights always on mod, rear locker anytime mod, TRD supercharger, URD Ucon-EMS, Deatschwerks 255 fuel pump w/ URD external fuel filter kit, AFE intake paired to a Safari Snorkel, URD spec-U exhaust w/ factory Tundra muffler behind URD equal length headers.
    Yeah, but it would still be cool if we had the option to get stuff like that... I would have loved to convert my rear to coils instead of having to buy custom built leafs and still have the shackle hanging down.... I know we can do it all here custom, but come on, if they have a kit and know what springs to use and all of that. It would just be nice.....

6. Sep 18, 2008 at 1:35 PM
    piercedtiger

piercedtiger Devout Atheist

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Southern Tier, NY
    Vehicle:
    2015 F150 3.5EB SCEW 6.5ft
    Just have your truck shipped up and back! :D

7. Oct 4, 2008 at 7:12 PM
    Tommigumm

Tommigumm [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tómas
    Iceland
    Vehicle:
    06 double cab sr5 38"
    It has a 4-link system in the back, extra fuel tank it´s 35 gallons and a fulepump so you can fill the orgina tank while driving, it has a 4:88 and a front air lock, it has ranco 9000 shocs in the back and 3" light racing struts in the front, Artick trucks tires 38"x15,5" we had to change the brake system and use brake pumps from landcruser 80 and the brakedisk is built by artick trucks in Iceland ,we did this so we could use 15"x14" wheels for better flote on the snow when you let the air out, It has a lift kit about 2" only on the boddy and then the flairs and running bords,2x air pumps one for the tires and one fore the locker, KN filter, fluricent lights under the car and some lights in the front. inside is the GPS, VHF, CB, and NMT phone and I can´t remember anything else
  8. Oct 6, 2008 at 6:32 PM
    Tommigumm

Member:
    First Name:
    Tómas
    Iceland
    Vehicle:
    06 double cab sr5 38"
    It has a 4-link system in the back, extra fuel tank it´s 35 gallons and a fulepump so you can fill the orgina tank while driving, it has a 4:88 and a front air lock, it has ranco 9000 shocs in the back and 3" light racing struts in the front, Artick trucks tires 38"x15,5" we had to change the brake system and use brake pumps from landcruser 80 and the brakedisk is built by artick trucks in Iceland ,we did this so we could use 15"x14" wheels for better flote on the snow when you let the air out, It has a lift kit about 2" only on the boddy and then the flairs and running bords,2x air pumps one for the tires and one fore the locker, KN filter, fluricent lights under the car and some lights in the front. inside is the GPS, VHF, CB, and NMT phone and I can´t remember anything else
    [​IMG]
    here is the 4-link system and in the back you cab see the extra fuel tank it´s 35 gallons and a fulepump so you can fill the tank while driving, it has a 4:88 and a front air lock, it has ranco 9000 shocs in the back and 3" light racing struts in the front, Artick trucks tires 38"x15,5" we had to change the brake system and use brake pumps from landcruser 80 and the brakedisk is built by artick trucks in Iceland ,we did this so we could use 15"x15" wheels for better flote on the snow when you let the air out :) It has a lift kit about 2" only on the boddy and then the flairs and running bords,2x air pump one for the tires and one fore the locker, KN filter, fluricent lights under the car and some lights in the front. inside is the GPS, VHF, CB, and NMT phone and I can´t remember anything else :D

9. Oct 7, 2008 at 4:12 PM
    Tommigumm

Member:
    First Name:
    Tómas
    Iceland
    Vehicle:
    06 double cab sr5 38"
    [​IMG]
    We had to move the boddy-bracket back and up
    [​IMG]
    and cut out part of the floor and weld some plate instead
    [​IMG]
    just a pic

10. Oct 8, 2008 at 4:51 AM
    ninja_taco

ninja_taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    '10 Prerunner
    Vanillarama Pinetree Scent
    which camper shell is that?

11. Oct 8, 2008 at 8:11 AM
    mr.trd

Member:
    First Name:
    Brant
    Pocatello, Idaho
    Vehicle:
    '06 S/C 1GR-FE DCSB
    Now that is how you make room for big tires....

To everyone that says it can't be done........

12. Oct 21, 2008 at 8:25 AM
    mr.trd

Member:
    First Name:
    Brant
    Pocatello, Idaho
    Vehicle:
    '06 S/C 1GR-FE DCSB
    I know I posted these pics in another thread, but I wanted to keep this thread going so here are the pics again....

l_f0a30700296443e7b60356128c9483e1_67fec1fba0bd5d835415248dd09ff1431a435a1c.png

l_b2466d7c4c654c3d93577a90113e59e6_2b2b3119ab5486bf3cfa2bf0675092de7c7ed49a.png

l_b8e32b5760244e3092f613d6393e4a94_7b9f39ceccb61ac3c0f9916794ba12d8f6c474ae.png

l_ad92c73f94f7494e91bea5ecaf5f250f_90384f920f8c319d6daaed81b911f1dbbd693a8f.png

And not much snow, but what the hell it is snow....more snow pics!! I am ready for winter already!

13. Oct 21, 2008 at 8:44 AM
    LonghornTaco

LonghornTaco Can you pass the bailout please?

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 4x4 TRD Off Road Doublecab
    3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s, Total Chaos UCAs, ToyTec diff drop, Scangauge II, 4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat, Painted engine cover, Painted calipers (red), Painted skid plate (red) Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired, Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors, Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors, Kenwood DNX8120, 2 Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" shallow mount subs, 2 Pioneer PRS-D4200F 1200W amps, Mr Marv sub enclosure, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" components in the front doors, Alpine 5.25" coaxials in the rear doors, A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover, All Pro bumper, All Pro sliders, Wet Okole seat covers, Sockmonkey Mountain badges, PIAA 510 SMR Driving Lights, Warn M8000 Winch, Bud Built skids
    Dude, I absolutely love your rig!

Here's my '06 PreRunner shortly after moving to Minnesota. I had never driven in snow before!

[​IMG]

I've got an '09 4x4 TRD OR now... I'm ready - bring on the white stuff!

14. Oct 21, 2008 at 10:12 AM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
    How did your PreRunner handle in the snow?

15. Oct 21, 2008 at 10:15 AM
    LonghornTaco

LonghornTaco Can you pass the bailout please?

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 4x4 TRD Off Road Doublecab
    3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s, Total Chaos UCAs, ToyTec diff drop, Scangauge II, 4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat, Painted engine cover, Painted calipers (red), Painted skid plate (red) Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired, Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors, Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors, Kenwood DNX8120, 2 Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" shallow mount subs, 2 Pioneer PRS-D4200F 1200W amps, Mr Marv sub enclosure, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" components in the front doors, Alpine 5.25" coaxials in the rear doors, A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover, All Pro bumper, All Pro sliders, Wet Okole seat covers, Sockmonkey Mountain badges, PIAA 510 SMR Driving Lights, Warn M8000 Winch, Bud Built skids
    I guess it did ok, but I only had to drive it three times on snowy roads. Really not much data to go on. But, I didn't end up in a ditch if that helps... :)

16. Oct 21, 2008 at 10:18 AM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
    :laugh:

Cool cool! Just wondering!

Thanks! :)

17. Oct 23, 2008 at 11:05 AM
    Lucky Sumtyms

Lucky Sumtyms Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07' sr5 4x4 dbl lng bd
    3" lift w/32" m/t tires & alloy wheels.
    I'm looking for the oversized fender flairs for my 07 lifted 4x4 tacoma. Where did you find those?

18. Oct 23, 2008 at 11:17 AM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    Great pics

19. Oct 23, 2008 at 1:23 PM
    mr.trd

Member:
    First Name:
    Brant
    Pocatello, Idaho
    Vehicle:
    '06 S/C 1GR-FE DCSB
    Thanks. I am really going to try and remember to take more pics. I usually go out and then go "Damn, I should have gotten out and taken some pics" the camera is on my phone, how hard can it be.....for me, it seems to be hard. But I always have lots of pics of everyone elses trucks or jeeps.

20. Nov 9, 2008 at 4:00 PM
    Tommigumm

Member:
    First Name:
    Tómas
    Iceland
    Vehicle:
    06 double cab sr5 38"

Products Discussed in

To Top